• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Limehouse/DLR commuters

Squirrel and G man

I have an annual season ticket from Benfleet to Fenchurch St.

I have just moved office to Canary wharf so it is costing me a further £2.60 a day on the DLR.

Can anyone who uses C2C and the DLR advise me on the cheapest way to get there?

Keep a bike locked up at Limehouse...? Seriously, the cycle ride from Limehouse to Canary Wharf will (depending on where you work in the Wharf area) take no more time than the DLR.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Squirrel and G man @ July 27 2005,09:52)]I have an annual season ticket from Benfleet to Fenchurch St.

I have just moved office to Canary wharf so it is costing me a further £2.60 a day on the DLR.

Can anyone who uses C2C and the DLR advise me on the cheapest way to get there?
You should be able to incorporate the DLR in to the ticket you buy from c2c. I am not sure if you will be able to amend or alter your existing ticket in any way. You may have to cash that in and buy a new ticket including the DLR.

I am pretty sure that will be possible. A load of people (me included) cannot be arsed to drive to Benfleet every day get Canvey buses n to their tickets so i am sure that will be able to with DLR.

Hope that helps.

get a season ticket/travelcard from benfleet to all zones except zone 1..
limehouse ,or stepney east as us hardened commuters still call it, is in zone 2.. this ticket will be a few hundred quid cheaper then the one you have now.. the only downside is if you bev up in the city a lot you will have to buy a return to zone 1..
other top tips.. best train home the 5.19 from limehouse
if you get out a bit later get the 5.32 into fen st.. stay on it it becomes the 5.49 from limehouse first stop benfleet, u wont get a seat on it at lime house

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 27 2005,11:07)]get a season ticket/travelcard  from benfleet to all zones except zone 1..
limehouse ,or stepney east as us hardened commuters still call it, is in zone 2..  this ticket will be a few hundred quid cheaper then the one you have now..  the only downside is if you bev up in the city a lot you will have to buy a return to zone 1..
other top tips..  best train home the 5.19 from limehouse
if you get out a bit later get the 5.32 into fen st.. stay on it  it becomes the 5.49 from limehouse first stop benfleet, u wont get a seat on it at lime house
Cheers.

I was concerned about the lack of seating getting on at Limehouse because I often need to use the laptop.

I will try the 5:19.

there is a 5.24 and a 5.39 as well but both stop everywhere..
u can get the 5.12 to laindon for a gteed seat n wait there for the next stopping train..
basically limehouse is a $%&* station and you will soon be longing for the days of fen st.. on the plus side canary wharf does have a lot of decent skirt

Alternatively, you could get the jubilee from Wet Sham to Canary Dwarf.

Can't say I've ever taken it, but I'd have thought that would be slightly quicker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 27 2005,12:08)]Alternatively, you could get the jubilee from Wet Sham to Canary Dwarf.

Can't say I've ever taken it, but I'd have thought that would be slightly quicker.
Got to sclep down to bandit country at Canada Water on Friday, does the Jubilee Line run down From W*** H** to there??

Cheers guys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 27 2005,12:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 27 2005,12:08)]Alternatively, you could get the jubilee from Wet Sham to Canary Dwarf.

Got to sclep down to bandit country at Canada Water on Friday, does the Jubilee Line run down From W*** H** to there??

Cheers guys.
Yep, I think Canada Water is the next stop after Canary Dwarf.

its not quicker on the tube from west ham ..
limey and the dlr is the way to go .. though of course the dlr is the next suicide bombers target

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 27 2005,13:43)]its not quicker on the tube from west ham ..
limey and the dlr is the way to go .. though of course the dlr is the next suicide bombers target
Thanks for that comforting thought, I will buy a tin hat and a suit of armour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 27 2005,13:43)]its not quicker on the tube from west ham ..
......As long as they steer clear of the Krispy Kreme Doughnut kiosk!

Is it possible to get an early bird ticket from benfleet to Limehouse/West Ham as I tend to get the early trains and when I last enquired some gormless git at Benfleet ticket office just muttered something in Gormlessish that I couldn't be bothered to ask further about.

Sadly, can't answer the last one but here's a tip.

Don't get on the 8.10 from Fenchurch Street in school holidays. Christ, I felt like an extra from 'Kids'.

Back