• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liverpool Street closed again....

Andyhsufc

Director
This time, though, it isnt due to the incompetance of tfl/network rail but due to hundreds of revellers having a p**s up before alcohol is banned on all london transport tomorrow!!

Apparently several tube stations were closed, 17 arrested as station staff and police got attacked.

Good work Boris you flucking chinless dick.

Apparently several tube stations were closed, 17 arrested as station staff and police got attacked.

Good work Boris you flucking chinless dick.

Really? It seems to me that these drunken yobs have made his point for him. Why should the majority of travellers have to put up with ****-heads on the trains and tube?

What a happy coincidence Boris policy was proven correct on the eve of its coming in . It would be very difficult to slip in people to cause problems in such a tight security event as this and to report the problems ;)

Now if they had organised a PIMMS party .

What a happy coincidence Boris policy was proven correct on the eve of its coming in . It would be very difficult to slip in people to cause problems in such a tight security event as this and to report the problems ;)

Blimey, I know that you are the king of the conspiracy theory, but that is stretching it even for you!

Blimey, I know that you are the king of the conspiracy theory, but that is stretching it even for you!

Actually its dead easy , but its more then likley
1) you have loads of people in a confined space with alcohol
2) Their chessed of at what they think is a silly law

Put em together, a little harassment voila news headlines for Sunday morning ;)

Really? It seems to me that these drunken yobs have made his point for him. Why should the majority of travellers have to put up with ****-heads on the trains and tube?

How is this going to stop anything? The police don't want it, I'm sure as **** the staff of TFL don't want it. Can you imagine some poor station manager asking 10 rowdy, ****ed up yobs to put away their cans of Special Brew?

It was a headline grabbing soundbite response from someone who can't even string a decent sentence together and now he's mayor of one of the most important cities in the world.

I give him six months before he forced to quit and good riddance.

How is this going to stop anything? The police don't want it, I'm sure as **** the staff of TFL don't want it. Can you imagine some poor station manager asking 10 rowdy, ****ed up yobs to put away their cans of Special Brew?

It was a headline grabbing soundbite response from someone who can't even string a decent sentence together and now he's mayor of one of the most important cities in the world.

I give him six months before he forced to quit and good riddance.

The police or TFL staff may not want it, but I am sure as hell that most of the general public who have to share the carriages of vomit comets do.

IMO Boris Johnson has started his job in quite an impressive manner thus far and seems to have assembled a good team around him to carry out his policies.

I will wager you that he won't be forced to quit and will serve his full term as mayor, whether he will be re-elected in 4 years remains to be seen.

The police or TFL staff may not want it, but I am sure as hell that most of the general public who have to share the carriages of vomit comets do.

IMO Boris Johnson has started his job in quite an impressive manner thus far and seems to have assembled a good team around him to carry out his policies.

I will wager you that he won't be forced to quit and will serve his full term as mayor, whether he will be re-elected in 4 years remains to be seen.

Ah, canvey. I'll counter your wager with one that states that I'm sure as **ck that you've never lived in London. Problems aren''t caused by people drinking on trains - it's caused by louts who have been drinking before they get on the train. Seriously, how long is the average tube journey? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? Is this enough time for someone to crack open a six pack of speacial brew and start vandalising the place? Johnson's policy is mere soundbite-worthy, publicity-grabbing crap, as with virtually all of his manifesto.

I was on my way back from wembley park last night on the metropolitian line, to be told by the driver that 3 tube trains ahead had been de-activated due to vandelism, then to be told that kings cross and liverpoll st stations had been closed. Bear in mind that i had only half an hour to catch the last train from fenchurch, this was a scary thought, having to spend the night sleeping in london somewhere with no money.

I got home fine after getting off at Aldgate and running to fenchurch st from there but i only made it by about 5/10 mins.

It was ridiculouse to think that i could have been stuck in london all because of some idiots throwing a pointless party, but im more p*ssed off with Boris Johnson, not alot of people drink on the tube as it is so why bring in such a pointless ruling like this, something that is totally un-needed imo. Seems to me as if he is trying to stamp his authority (power) early to look like a no nonsense man.

Ah, canvey. I'll counter your wager with one that states that I'm sure as **ck that you've never lived in London. Problems aren''t caused by people drinking on trains - it's caused by louts who have been drinking before they get on the train. Seriously, how long is the average tube journey? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? Is this enough time for someone to crack open a six pack of speacial brew and start vandalising the place? Johnson's policy is mere soundbite-worthy, publicity-grabbing crap, as with virtually all of his manifesto.

You'd lose your bet in that case, although to be fair it's 30 years since I lived in London. The average tube journey may only be 10 minutes or so, but to counter your argument how long dies it take to vandalise a carriage? And why shouldn't the majority of law abiding and peaceable citizens be allowed to make their journey's in peace and quiet, rather than feel threatened by drunken yobs?

I would suggest that your objection to this is out of personal antipathy towrds Boris Johnson rather than the actual policy itself.

You're last name isn't Fayed by any chance is it??

I got home fine after getting off at Aldgate and running to fenchurch st from there but i only made it by about 5/10 mins.

In that case, you could've run slower!

It was ridiculouse to think that i could have been stuck in london all because of some idiots throwing a pointless party, but im more p*ssed off with Boris Johnson, not alot of people drink on the tube as it is so why bring in such a pointless ruling like this, something that is totally un-needed imo. Seems to me as if he is trying to stamp his authority (power) early to look like a no nonsense man.

The only people that drink on the Tubes are the kind of people that won't adhere to this rule anyway, leaving either the public or the TfL staff with the job of policing it. That should be fun!

The average tube journey may only be 10 minutes or so, but to counter your argument how long dies it take to vandalise a carriage? And why shouldn't the majority of law abiding and peaceable citizens be allowed to make their journey's in peace and quiet, rather than feel threatened by drunken yobs?

I think that's the point. These yobs are already drunk when they get on the Tube, so the rule won't make any difference.

More to the point, there is already a rule that you can't vandalise trains, but people still do it, whilst people like you and me turn a blind eye to avoid confrontation. The same will be true of this new rule.

Last edited:
I think that's the point. These yobs are already drunk when they get on the Tube, so the rule won't make any difference.

More to the point, there is already a rule that you can't vandalise trains, but people still do it, whilst people like you and me turn a blind eye to avoid confrontation. The same will be true of this new rule.

What he said.

Personal antipathy towards Jonson doesn't come into it - I'd have criticised Livingstone just the same for introducing such and ill-thought-out rule (not that he'd have done it, of course...)

Back