• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Islamabad probably wouldn't welcome a Mr John Smith from Huddersfield to be its mayor.

While London doesn't have any problem at all electing a Muslim called Sadiq Khan.

London's great isn't it?

I love London,so diverse and multi faithed,would not wish to live there though.

Khan was a shoe in for the job,his problem will be keeping every Londoner happy.good luck Sadiq.

What next ? A black man in charge of the U.S. ? Oh,,no that did already happen... :facepalm:

er, what next a Woman or even a Red Neck Racist running the U.S. - that would never happen, surely :dim:

Khan will do a good job

Would you rather have Zac Goldsmith.. Boris without the brains or charisma - at least Boris for all his faults was a very clever bloke, total buffoon, and that was half the appeal.

Imagine if Mr John Smith from Huddersfield became mayor of say Islamabad :nope:

A Christian woman chairs the upper house in Bahrain (70% Muslim)

The Turkish city of Mardin has a Christian Mayor (96.5% Muslim)

Egypt's foreign minister is a coptic Christian (90%Muslim)

The capital city of Indonesia has a Christian governor (87.2% Muslim)

etc

John Smith is the greatest PM we never had - stolen from us by an early death - ours and Islamabad's loss

A Christian woman chairs the upper house in Bahrain (70% Muslim)

The Turkish city of Mardin has a Christian Mayor (96.5% Muslim)

Egypt's foreign minister is a coptic Christian (90%Muslim)

The capital city of Indonesia has a Christian governor (87.2% Muslim)

etc

John Smith is the greatest PM we never had - stolen from us by an early death - ours and Islamabad's loss

Please name these 4 people,bet none are called John Smith or Irene Jones:stunned:

Good to see Sadiq's first act in charge being a Lib Dem policy and making travel more affordable by introducing a "hopper" fare for buses so you can change buses without paying.

More firearm officers on the streets (400+) by this time next year. So far, I'm likeiing this guy.Now if some of these new officers are deployed to deter cyclists who still jump red lights by shooting them just after the junction, then he gets my vote.

More firearm officers on the streets (400+) by this time next year. So far, I'm liking this guy.Now if some of these new officers are deployed to deter cyclists who still jump red lights by shooting them just after the junction, then he gets my vote.

Not forgetting to save some bullets for the car and van drivers who do the same. Nearly got taken out this morning by some daft cow in a BMW speeding through a red.

Not forgetting to save some bullets for the car and van drivers who do the same. Nearly got taken out this morning by some daft cow in a BMW speeding through a red.

I nearly got run over yesterday as well. The driver accelerated instead of braked when the lights turned.

Why is motor vehicle drivers think that red lights don't apply to them?

I nearly got run over yesterday as well. The driver accelerated instead of braked when the lights turned.

Why is motor vehicle drivers think that red lights don't apply to them?

I'm guessing the driver concerned might just have been female?

I remember -as a pedestrian-crossing the road, just in front of a clear stop sign, (for oncoming traffic), a few years back.(This was just before my 9 am company class in SC-which,of course, also co-incided with the school run .The lady driver concerned (I assume) meant to put her foot on the brake but she hit the accelerator instead.The result was I ended up on the bonnet of her car.I wasn't amused.:nope:

Oi!!! :thump: Could have easily been one of many stereotypes - female, BMW or Audi driver, boy racer, old git! Or then it could have been an ordinary driver who just didn't fancy stopping! As it goes, I see far more men put their foot down to get over a light than women! :raspberry:

I remember -as a pedestrian-crossing the road, just in front of a clear stop sign, (for oncoming traffic), a few years back.(This was just before my 9 am company class in SC-which,of course, also co-incided with the school run .The lady driver concerned (I assume) meant to put her foot on the brake but she hit the accelerator instead.The result was I ended up on the bonnet of her car.I wasn't amused.:nope:

So close yet so far.

**Puts champagne back on ice**

Back