• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mahers vs East Black Supporter

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
anyone catch a decent view of Maher 8's spat with a sufc supporter (blue and white striped shirt) in the front of the east black towards the end of the game

also tilly came over to this bloke after the game and what I could see he mouthed at him ''what is your problem'' before gesturing 1-1 at him

all i can persume is that mr stripey obviously had a go at maher for kicking it right into the corner rather than cross the ball into the box, this caused maher to send a verbal volley back at mr stripey

personally i'd rather see huddersfield with a throwin near there own corner flag in the 92min than it be in their keepers hands and launched up the pitch after a cross had been put into the box and no sufc player be in there

dime bar for mr stripey

any views on this??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,17:59)]Why should be hold the ball in the corner when here at home for gods sake!
Because they were getting corner after corner after corner...and it was bad for my nerves.

We had men in the box for the free kick though, Barrett and Edwards came up for it too
rock.gif

From my view in the East Greens and few others in Blacks, Stripey called Maher a masturbator for not crossing the ball into the box and then carried on for sometime after until fans around him decided to vent their anger at him.

Maher had previously looked towards the bench to find out what they wanted him to do, so he was just following orders.

Best bit was when Maher awarded him the bottle of Champagne, after all this guy must be such a great footballing brain. However he did not seem to want it and gave it to someone else in the crowd who promptly handed it back to the stewards.

So if anyone knows who this guy is get in contact we are dying to find out what his take is on all this, and why he decided to make a complete fool of himself.

Credit to the blue and white striped shirt muppet as he'll be drinking champagne tonight (assuming he was the guy who Maher gave the bottle?) and most of us will have to settle for a pint.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,18:03)]Still we are the home team I can understand if we are away but we were at home!
And we were down to 10 men...even Goater was defending at times...and Gray...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Aug. 20 2005,18:04)]Best bit was when Maher awarded him the bottle of Champagne, after all this guy must be such a great footballing brain. However he did not seem to want it and gave it to someone else in the crowd who promptly handed it back to the  stewards.
Sorry I missed that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,18:03)]Still we are the home team I can understand if we are away but we were at home!
but the fact we were down to 10 men for most the half and that Huddersfield where on the up, we need to kill the game.

doesnt matter if your home or away if your down to 10 men and under the cosh you salvage what you can from the game, for us to hold out for a point against a good side that will be staking a claim for a playoff place at the end of the season IMHO, is a very good result

obviously steve tilson i think will share that view going by what he mouthed at mr stripey

some supporters really dont have a clue!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 20 2005,18:05)]
[b said:
Well they better get thereselfs in order then, I personaly think it was a sad sight to see us defending in the corner to play out time when were at home and drawing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,18:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
Well they better get thereselfs in order then, I personaly think it was a sad sight to see us defending in the corner to play out time when were at home and drawing!
If they hadnt it was very likely we would have conceded a goal and lost a possibly vital point.

The fact we played magnificently with 10 men until then (and tried to win the game by taking off a midfielder and replacing them with an attacker (rather than a defender ala Sven)) bears this out

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,18:15)]I suppose  so I think some blame has to lay with Eastwood he went over the top by pushing their player not once but twice!
Im devestated Im not going to see him rip apart Col******r in front of a ragin' Roots Hall.

Tilly at first said from the distance "Are you f%&king crazy?" and then decided to come over and tell him that at 1-1 with a minute or so left its best kept in the corner. The situation wasn't helped by the fact Barrett and Eagle charged up before seeking "permission". Maher asked Tilly and was told what to do. As Maher ran back, the bloke gave him an earful and Tilly looked on. At the end of the match, both went over and gave the bloke some stick. He then had 2 policemen around him after the game as about 30+ people were waiting for him outside the ground to give him a kick in ...

laugh.gif

As for the suspension. Kicks in on Monday and will miss S'ton, Scunny and Col Ewe ....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,18:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
I think Tilly got it spot on, yes as a football fan i want to see us go and win it. However in the cold light of day i also want to remain in League 1 and if that point proves the difference the IMO they have no need to sort themselves out
rock.gif

Well Mr Stripey will take a written battering in Monday's set of programme notes from myself as I am just about to write them

Back