• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Makes me sick!

Ironically the Commission for Racial Equality - Trevor Philips I think it was - after a lifetime of advocating immigration has expressed concerns about numbers of Eastern European immigrants coming to UK.

My facts might be slightly innaccurate so I am prepared to be shot down in flames here, but if we go back as far as Enoch Powell, didnt he instigate the idea of bringing immigrants here to do the jobs that English people didnt want and after a few years start expressing his concerns that it should stop or we would be in trouble?

the internet isnt a place where you need to get you spelling correct each time aslong as the people that read it can make jist of it thats all that matters.

ur jus nit picking.

stick to the topic and dont watch my grammar spelling etc. im a quick and impatient typer.

I wasn't having a go at your spelling/typing - it's not my strong point either - I was trying to respond to your comment about people not being able to speak English properly shouldn't be allowed to stay here.

If. as you say, spelling correctly is not important as long as people understand, why is it not equally true that speaking English properly is not important as long as people understand?

I wasn't having a go at your spelling/typing - it's not my strong point either - I was trying to respond to your comment about people not being able to speak English properly shouldn't be allowed to stay here.

If. as you say, spelling correctly is not important as long as people understand, why is it not equally true that speaking English properly is not important as long as people understand?

you know perfectly what i mean.

ok maybe i should of reprhased it and said being that speaking english so other people can understand and not when these imigrants say things like

hello i am here to shops now please food may i buy?

I am in favour of immigrants. I think they can offer substantial benefits to our society which often go unnoticed. However this is not to say that our immigration system works and i think it seriously needs to be looked at and reformed. It is in my opinion short sighted to say that immigrants should not be allowed here, in my opinion that is the view of somebody uneducated in this particular field. My cousin's wife for example is a white South African immigrant who has been in the country for 5 years now. When she arrived she could not speak English well but now her english is arguably better than mine. She is pregnant with her first child and is a well paid doctor. There is a severe shortage of doctors across the country and where is the problem with immigrants from abroad coming over and saving lives on the NHS. The value to the economy of these people as lifesavers is substantial. Her son will grow up to also aid our economy. I am not saying the opinion of 'matt' is wrong but it is naive to say that all immigrants who don't speak english can **** off.

yeh i admit i was abit harsh. but still dont you hate it when you here people from othercountries talking to there pals in there own language when you are right enxt to them? but they both know english , sometime i think its rude

Well to be honest with you again 'matt' each part of the country has it's own regional dialect. I can't understand Geordie's and they are completely within their rights to talk to each other using words i've never heard of and it's the same with us down here. I don't think we can be quite generalised as we are when it comes to immigrants. I get your point though but personally it's something i accept as the world evolves.

I am not saying the opinion of 'matt' is wrong but it is naive to say that all immigrants who don't speak english can **** off.

Would it be unfair to say they should be able to speak English before they are allowed here?
How many immigrants actually come here and seek asylum based on their life being in danger in their own country? Probably hardly any, and if they did, by european law they should apply in the first safe country they arrive in.

A shocking amount of asylum applications are turned down as well. I think it would be unfair for them to have speak English before they are allowed here, where are they going to get that education from if they are fleeing their country? I think a certain grasp is necessary and an understanding of British culture is important but to make it compulsory is steep. My cousin as above recently took the citizen test in order to get her british passport and it includes a number of spelling mistake, poor grammar, snd some questions they want you to answer wrong. For example Who is the head of the Church of England? It wants you to answer Archbishop of Canterbury. If we are getting it wrong what chance have they got of being accepted if they speak English anyway. A lot come here for the amount of work on offer and if they are coming here to work i see no problem.

yeh i admit i was abit harsh. but still dont you hate it when you here people from othercountries talking to there pals in there own language when you are right enxt to them? but they both know english , sometime i think its rude

No. I'm not so insecure to think they're talking about me, and I bet you're the kind of person who yells "OY! BEERO!" at waiters in Magaluf in a very loud voice?

And your rep should have been negative.

Ahhhhhh Super ...back on this "Old Chesnut" again ....:(

surely you mean chestnut, John!

:)

ps for what it's worth, it's a shame that we can effectively blame our ills not on ourselves but on other people. I think cultural diversity is what makes Britain great.

Will this be the same Polish that made up a significant percentage of the RAF in World War II that helped defeat the Axis powers? Oh I know it was "the RAF from England that shot them down", but behind that joystick, with his finger on the trigger was Piotr Trabolski or Wladislaw Szarmach.

Where would you, where would we be today without those heroic Poles?

to be honest i think if your not born in England you shouldn't be allowed here.

my own opionion.

also if u cant speak proper english and your planing to stay longer then the usual 2week vacation then you can F**K O** (no rascist)

Thanks for that, cheered me up no end after last night's debacle.

Back