• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
Struggling to get going at work this morning so.....

Here are the respective percentages of our last 12 managers (caretaker managers excluded).

Firstly, games won percentage (games managed in brackets):

57% - Steve Thompson (14)
50% - Barry Fry (30)
44% - Dave Webb II (181)
38% - Steve Tilson (53)
36% - Dave Webb III (59)
35% - Rob Newman (86)
32% - Peter Taylor (84)
30% - Alan Little (69)
27% - Alvin Martin (95)
26% - Colin Murphy (42)
26% - Steve Wignall (23)
24% - Ronnie Whelan (98)

So on that basis, Tilly's reign is fairly comparable with both Rob Newman and Dave Webb's final reign. However, when you look at it from a percentage of points gained perspective it is a slightly different story:

62% - Steve Thompson (14)
57% - Barry Fry (30)
50% - Dave Webb II (181)
49% - Steve Tilson (53)
46% - Dave Webb III (59)
42% - Peter Taylor (84)
41% - Rob Newman (86)
39% - Alan Little (69)
36% - Colin Murphy (42)
35% - Alvin Martin (95)
35% - Ronnie Whelan (98)
30% - Steve Wignall (23)

So it seems that Tilly on a point for point basis is pretty much as successful as the halcyon days of Webb II.

Right, now I've got that out of my system I'll resume trying to work.....

So given the 49% figure that would equate to 68 points in the season. Based on that we could, dependent on goal diff etc, have finished.

10th in 2003/4 6 points off the playoffs
9th in 2002/3 only 2 points away
8th in 2001/2 again 2 points short

Slightly better than we were!

Tilson & Brush both deserve the credit for getting us where we are now and where we are likely to be come May. If we do miss out on the play-offs, I can't see it being by much. 72 pts is usually enough. We may be able to gauge whether we are on the right track by Xmas. If we have 35+ pts by then, we'll be well on our way.

I think that if someone looked at segments of Tilson & Brush's partnership, they will find that the figures vary wildly. for instance, December 03 & January 04 were not particularly good periods in their reign, whereas March & April 04 were pretty good. I hope there will be more of the latter than the former this season!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpador @ Oct. 25 2004,14:07)]How can that be right when we've only drawn 3 of 15 games this year?
We drew a lot of games under Tilly last season. When Wignall left we'd only drawn 2 games all season but finished with 12.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 25 2004,12:07)]
It's getting better all the time.....

Games won percentage (games managed in brackets):

50% - Barry Fry (30)
44% - Dave Webb II (181)
42% - Steve Tilson (71)
36% - Dave Webb III (59)
35% - Rob Newman (86)
32% - Peter Taylor (84)
30% - Alan Little (69)
27% - Alvin Martin (95)
26% - Colin Murphy (42)
26% - Steve Wignall (23)
24% - Ronnie Whelan (98)

Points won percentage:

57% - Barry Fry (30)
53% - Steve Tilson (71)
50% - Dave Webb II (181)
46% - Dave Webb III (59)
42% - Peter Taylor (84)
41% - Rob Newman (86)
39% - Alan Little (69)
36% - Colin Murphy (42)
35% - Alvin Martin (95)
35% - Ronnie Whelan (98)
30% - Steve Wignall (23)

At the moment, I'd say that stat's quite distorted by the indifference at the end of last year when we'd set our minds on battling relegation yet found ourselves safe much earlier than expected.

.plus only 2 points from our first 5 league games....but since then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 26 2005,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 25 2004,12:07)]
It's getting better all the time.....

Points won percentage:
Indeed it is.................

57% - Steve Thompson (14) at Southend 1995
0% - Steve Thompson (6) at Cambridge 2004/5

Points won percentage:
62% - Steve Thompson (14) at Southend 1995
17% - Steve Thompson (6) at Cambridge 2004/5

Ah that old Rod Norman factor!  
biggrin.gif

Interesting reading MrB - although you still need to get a life.

May Tilson never be sacked or hounded by the fans - we are currently in a very privileged position at SUFC - having a good manager who genuinely cares about the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Jan. 27 2005,13:20)]Interesting reading MrB - although you still need to get a life.
Not as much as you need a haircut Spinner.

Very interesting stats MrB. However I was disapointed when I read this thread as when I saw the title I thought it was going to be telling us that Tilly and Brush were going to be releasing a duet in a 'Hoddle and Waddle - Diamond Lights' stylee.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 27 2005,15:13)]Very interesting stats MrB. However I was disapointed when I read this thread as when I saw the title I thought it was going to be telling us that Tilly and Brush were going to be releasing a duet in a 'Hoddle and Waddle - Diamond Lights' stylee.

wink.gif
Can't be far away one would assume.....

Back