• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should always be playing with a pacey striker away from home IMO to help stretch the home side on the break.

Bentley

White Sokolik Prosser Williams

Worrall Leonard Timlin

Payne

Corr Lee

Payne in the hole. Got a good feeling about this one!

Pleased to be back to discussing exiting options - and we seem to have quite a few. :thumbsup:

I'd be happy to give PB all the exiting options that he needs.

Clifford will not be close as he was in the Harlow game Tuesday and no one got any glory out of that performance, Clifford was not the worst by far , but was lucky that he wasn't in front of a card happy ref as he could have easily been sent off for some of his challenges

Wasn't he sent off twice against Mansfield last season?

In any case he should be behind Leonard, Timlin, Deegan, Payne and Atkinson in the pecking order.

I also really like Beefy's line-up. It looks balanced and would generate goals. I also think Clifford has to return to the team. His performances this season do not warrant being left out. He is young and has the potential to develop - if he is given game time - into a really outstanding mid-field player for the club.

Hurst has not been at his best but we did win three games with him in the team. Has been our most creative player since Brown became manager.

Wasn't on my list of away trips but after the excellent signings i'm going to have to try and make this, god how I hate these northern dumps

I know some think that anything past the Watford Gap is the north but Mansfield is a market town in Nottinghamshire which is the Midlands. There are, of course, loads of Northern dumps, but Mansfield aint one of them.

I know some think that anything past the Watford Gap is the north but Mansfield is a market town in Nottinghamshire which is the Midlands. There are, of course, loads of Northern dumps, but Mansfield aint one of them.

Do people from Mansfield class themselves as being from the North or from the Midlands?
Looking at the map of England if Mansfield is in the Midlands then it is the North Midlands and very close to being a Northern Town.

Where would you say the unofficial border is between the Midlands and the North, is Chesterfield in the Midlands?

Do people from Mansfield class themselves as being from the North or from the Midlands?
Looking at the map of England if Mansfield is in the Midlands then it is the North Midlands and very close to being a Northern Town.

Where would you say the unofficial border is between the Midlands and the North, is Chesterfield in the Midlands?

According to Wiki: Nottinghamshire (pronounced /ˈnɒtɪŋəmʃə/ or /ˈnɒtɪŋəmˌʃɪə/;[SUP][1][/SUP] abbreviated Notts) is a county in the East Midlands of England, bordering South Yorkshire to the north-west, Lincolnshire to the east, Leicestershire to the south, and Derbyshire to the west. The traditional county town is Nottingham, though the county council is based in West Bridgford in the borough of Rushcliffe, at a site facing Nottingham over the River Trent.
The districts of Nottinghamshire are Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, and Rushcliffe. The City of Nottingham was administratively part of Nottinghamshire between 1974 and 1998 but is now a unitary authority, remaining part of Nottinghamshire for ceremonial purposes.
In 2011 the county was estimated to have a population of 785,800. Over half of the population of the county live in the Greater Nottingham conurbation (which continues into Derbyshire).[SUP][2][/SUP] The conurbation has a population of about 650,000, though less than half live within the city boundaries.

Personally I think the Chesterfield is the boundary to the north. Mansfield is the midlands. It's also a ********.

After spending a week touring the north of England I'm defininately traveling in a southerly direction for today's match, my first of the season. Looking forward to seeing Jakub Sokolik play. It's a pity I left my Czech Republic flag back in Prague. :thumbdown:

Hodně cestě Jakub:thumbsup:

Strangely nearer Mansfield than Home in Manchester but can't go as attending brother in laws 60th birthday bash, may get clearer reception though off Mansfield news or East Nottingham radio, or whatever station I can get, whilst trying to remain vaguely social! Tough choice over Clifford, but Deegan gets it for defensive duties. Would hope Shaq gets subs time and scores as well as Lee and Corr knocks in his 50th goal, C'mon you shrimpers! 3-0 a little optimistic?

Bentley

White
Williams
Sokolik
Prosser

Worrell
Leonard
Clifford
Timlin

Corr
Lee

Four four ****ing two.

I think this, my friend is a spammer and reckons Lee is a good player but is short and needs a big man along side him.

A bit worrying that once again we are relying soley on BBC for our target man options though.

I'm not sure about either Sokolik or Lee starting, they've only just arrived and we do have fit central defenders. Having said that, I'd imagine Sokolik the more likely to start although he's not had much match time with Yeovil. Tough one to judge!

Bentley
White, Thompson, Prosser, Williams
Leonard, Deegan, Timlin, Atkinson, Hurst/Worrall
Corr

Subs: Smith, Sokolik, Lee, Hurst/Worrall, Bolger, Payne, Weston

Don't Mansfield have a reputation for being a big, physical side?

If so, then do you play nippy, quick players to get them pegged back or match muscle with muscle? :unsure:

Either way, I am more optimistic now than I have been for a few weeks (well, since losing to Morecambe).

Just seen this is all ticket! Had a shocker. Anyone know the chances of the Mansfield ticket office letting us have a couple tickets for the away end?? Or failing that does anyone have any spare tickets? Really don't fancy sitting in the home end

Back