• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Marcus Dackers signs on loan until end of season

Transfer news
As I previously said, if we have aspirations of promotion. We have to look at better players than Dackers, he is not the answer to our striker problems beyond the next few weeks.
As a temporary stop gap yes, but we need better quality than Dackers. I know Dackers is here until the end of season and then he will go back to Salford. Who says he will be a regular starter if we sign one or two better strikers?
If the club at the end of season don’t sign better players than Dackers, too me they are showing lack of ambition or money or perhaps both.
I do hope Dackers can do a job for us but for me the jury is out.
How can "the jury be out" when he hasn't even played any minutes of his loan? There is no evidence (other than his 1 in 2 scoring record when he was last with us!?!?!) for a jury to be out considering. If you're going to use idioms.... please consider how appropriate they are. Give the lad a few games to show us (again) what he can do for us as a team. Do we not have an excellent coaching staff? Do we not have a good history of improving players?

Come on, that’s incredibly harsh.

In his spell with us previously, he scored 3 in 6. He won’t repeat that feat throughout the rest of the season, but to me it looks like Dackers needs to home to kick start his career again. He has been farmed out on loans to us, Woking & Altrincham, but all fairly short term loans. Previously, I think, with no inside knowledge on this, that we will look to do a deal permanently in the summer when his deal expires.

I need to dig out my post on him previously to find all the stats, but for a young centre forward, he has a lot of games at this level already across three separate loan spells.

He loved his spell previously. He is still in contact with many still at the Club, and was gutted when we couldn’t extend his spell.

He needs to develop. He isn’t going to be the main goal getter, but he’ll be someone who helps his strike partner massively, and he’ll miss him more than most. Cards has been superb, and his physicality gives us an out ball that we don’t have when Sandat has had to lead the line. Dackers has to work out how to use his size to his advantage more, but he is young. As I mentioned previously, players of his ilk like Barry Corr, Akinfenwa and Jon Parkin (big bad bastards) took time to work out how to use their frames.

We have an exceptional coaching team, and I fail to see how Dackers doesn’t improve during his spell with us.

We’ve gone from having to play Vilhete or Brooklyn up front, to slagging off a genuine centre forward saying we have to do better. Also, I can’t remember who posted it, but saying we are better than the likes of Morais.

We are at the level we are. All our players have faults, Dackers has faults too, but like the others deserves our support.

We can improve on all the players we have, and that’s not knocking them at all, I love this group.

I thought we’d wait until at least 7.7 seconds into his second debut until we slagged him off because he hasn’t scored like Eastwood did.
You're right....it's an incredibly harsh comment.

Come on, that’s incredibly harsh.

In his spell with us previously, he scored 3 in 6. He won’t repeat that feat throughout the rest of the season, but to me it looks like Dackers needs to home to kick start his career again. He has been farmed out on loans to us, Woking & Altrincham, but all fairly short term loans. Previously, I think, with no inside knowledge on this, that we will look to do a deal permanently in the summer when his deal expires.

I need to dig out my post on him previously to find all the stats, but for a young centre forward, he has a lot of games at this level already across three separate loan spells.

He loved his spell previously. He is still in contact with many still at the Club, and was gutted when we couldn’t extend his spell.

He needs to develop. He isn’t going to be the main goal getter, but he’ll be someone who helps his strike partner massively, and he’ll miss him more than most. Cards has been superb, and his physicality gives us an out ball that we don’t have when Sandat has had to lead the line. Dackers has to work out how to use his size to his advantage more, but he is young. As I mentioned previously, players of his ilk like Barry Corr, Akinfenwa and Jon Parkin (big bad bastards) took time to work out how to use their frames.

We have an exceptional coaching team, and I fail to see how Dackers doesn’t improve during his spell with us.

We’ve gone from having to play Vilhete or Brooklyn up front, to slagging off a genuine centre forward saying we have to do better. Also, I can’t remember who posted it, but saying we are better than the likes of Morais.

We are at the level we are. All our players have faults, Dackers has faults too, but like the others deserves our support.

We can improve on all the players we have, and that’s not knocking them at all, I love this group.

I thought we’d wait until at least 7.7 seconds into his second debut until we slagged him off because he hasn’t scored like Eastwood did.
Yeah ok perhaps Dackers may turn out better than I think. His goal scoring ratio when last on loan to us was fair .
I think reading his stats, especially when at his home club Salford was not good , 1 goal in 11 appearances.
Plus yesterday was a cider day at a function down here in the West Country .
Before anyone says did I work for our old sponsors, the answer was no.

Goals aside, having someone like Dackers at the top of the pitch who can retain the ball and bring others into play will be invaluable, especially against teams with players who can catch us on counter attacks. Having that extra time in possession will be key in maintaining our structure and applying pressure. So excited to see what Kev and co can get out of this squad given what we've already seen under insane conditions.

When comparing Dackers scoring record here to other loan spells, and then saying he hasn't set the world on fire - although it was short - there must be a reason his goal ratio was so much better here, we must play in a way that suits him or he must benefit our style in some way he didn't elsewhere.

Surely that makes him he decent signing even if the stats don't make that as clear?

Yeah ok perhaps Dackers may turn out better than I think. His goal scoring ratio when last on loan to us was fair .
I think reading his stats, especially when at his home club Salford was not good , 1 goal in 11 appearances.
Plus yesterday was a cider day at a function down here in the West Country .
Before anyone says did I work for our old sponsors, the answer was no.
Regardless of stats etc it seems he is held in high regard by KM. And his is the only opinion that matters right now.

Personally I think Dackers is an excellent loan at this point. He’s had a good football education with Man City and Brighton, technically good with the ball at his feet and a big lad who can learn to dominate in the air. Very much reminds me of a Peter Crouch type player. He has loads of potential and room for improvement.

What he needs now in his young career is a run of games which I can see him getting with us. Looking at his current stats they are misleading as he never gets a good run of games in. I personally believe he could be a very good goalscorer given the right conditions and don’t really see him as a target man in the purist sense.

And on top of all that, if he does well, he is out of contract at the end of the season so we could get him for a nominal fee. It all fits nicely into the model.

Personally I think Dackers is an excellent loan at this point. He’s had a good football education with Man City and Brighton, technically good with the ball at his feet and a big lad who can learn to dominate in the air. Very much reminds me of a Peter Crouch type player. He has loads of potential and room for improvement.

What he needs now in his young career is a run of games which I can see him getting with us. Looking at his current stats they are misleading as he never gets a good run of games in. I personally believe he could be a very good goalscorer given the right conditions and don’t really see him as a target man in the purist sense.

And on top of all that, if he does well, he is out of contract at the end of the season so we could get him for a nominal fee. It all fits nicely into the model.

Agreed. I can see him doing well and signing for the club on a 3 year deal.

It should be interesting to see how he does versus his time at Salford. Salford are 4th from bottom in the league above (lost 4 & drawn 2 of their last six) whilst we would be in the play-offs (or close but for the points deduction). Sometimes I think that there is little in difference between a team fighting against relegation compared with a team going well in the league below. [Shoulder shrug; query face]
1.) Marcus wants to be here, he has talked in glowing terms about enjoying his previous time here.

2.) It's always "easier" to play in a team with confidence and team spirit rather than one struggling near the bottom of the table playing with fear and fan's on their backs.

Reactions: TJC
Back