• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin McGuinness Dies Aged 66

Your post is a classic attempt to play the man rather than the ball.

FYI,I have never admitted to "not paying taxes" in Spain,because I always pay tax ,in full,on any income I declare.

While I most certainly "stood on a picket line at Grunwick",I've never been involved in any dispute at Wapping or claimed to.Nor have I ever thrown "bricks at the Police".

I'm glad you're "proud to be a Labour voter and a fully paid up member." So was I in my time.We probably have a lot more in common than you seem to think.

Not wanting to further this distraction, but you've left yourself wide open there.

"a man who had the wisdom and courage to pursue peace and reconciliation for his people".
"His leadership was instrumental in turning the page on a past of violence and conflict that he knew all too well.
"In our own meetings, I was always struck by his good humour and persistent belief in a better future for the people of Northern Ireland.
May Martin rest in the peace that he pursued in life, and may his example inspire others to follow a path of reconciliation."

Liked Obama's comments here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-39356365

"a man who had the wisdom and courage to pursue peace and reconciliation for his people".
"His leadership was instrumental in turning the page on a past of violence and conflict that he knew all too well.
"In our own meetings, I was always struck by his good humour and persistent belief in a better future for the people of Northern Ireland.
May Martin rest in the peace that he pursued in life, and may his example inspire others to follow a path of reconciliation."

You're nearly 70 aren't you? Retired & living in the sunshine of Spain? Tapas for lunch followed by A bit of bingo in the evenings, Right?

With that in mind. I can't understand your reason for constantly attention seeking?

You would you snake. You have accused me of lying so why don't you answer post number 77

You're nearly 70 aren't you? Retired & living in the sunshine of Spain? Tapas for lunch followed by A bit of bingo in the evenings, Right?

With that in mind. I can't understand your reason for constantly attention seeking?

He also misses Blighty terribly but moving back is not an option,sad.:zzzzz:

Ha! 65 and not retired yet.Off out to work in 10 minutes.

Only time I've ever been to bingo was to accompany my late Mum.

You would you snake. You have accused me of lying so why don't you answer post number 77

"Sinn Fein MP Martin McGuinness admitted he was the IRA gunman who sparked Bloody Sunday with a single shot, according to an informer."

It's hearsay evidence ie not admissable in a court of law.Let's face it, if even a Diplock court couldn't pin this on him it's probably a non-starter.

I don't know what to say to your post in all honesty, bearded Shrimper.

However, without repeating what was said in many earlier posts on this thread, it's needless to say, two wrongs don't make a right. he was a terrorist & a truly horrible man that commanded the deaths of innocent victims in the past, yet made peace possible in what we now call "today's world".

Some could argue that Nelson Mandola was the same, (the struggle etc). But still no!, inspirational? (perhaps?..changed a nation.. definitely!) McGuinness never did this on his own.

I was sad to see the passing of N.M. Yet very glad to see the passing of Martin McGuinness. Just another old school version of bullying.

Hopefully, with his death, it's just another chapter in the declining era of the IRA & yet another step towards peace & unity between our nations.

seems like you done alright to me mate

Seen some comparisons between Mandela and McGuinness and a thought crossed my mind, didn't Mandela go to prison for blowing innocent people up? Even Royal Marine Alex Blackman was sentenced to 10 years for killing a taliban fighter (who's mission was to kill every British soldier he could find) to satisfy justice.
Martin McGuinness meanwhile has two former US presidents (one at the funeral) and countless others praising his life. It's just not right, he's never paid for his crimes which were heinous. Man of peace eh?

Seen some comparisons between Mandela and McGuinness and a thought crossed my mind, didn't Mandela go to prison for blowing innocent people up? Even Royal Marine Alex Blackman was sentenced to 10 years for killing a taliban fighter (who's mission was to kill every British soldier he could find) to satisfy justice.
Martin McGuinness meanwhile has two former US presidents (one at the funeral) and countless others praising his life. It's just not right, he's never paid for his crimes which were heinous. Man of peace eh?

Actually,Mandela was jailed for his opposition to the apartheid regime in South Africa.

Martin McGuinness was in fact imprisoned by the notorious Diplock courts.

Actually,Mandela was jailed for his opposition to the apartheid regime in South Africa.

Martin McGuinness was in fact imprisoned by the notorious Diplock courts.

Martin McGuiness has never paid for his crimes. He was sent to prison twice and both times by irish courts in Dublin.
Once for suspect involvement of a car load of explosives and the second (also in Dublin) of being a member of a terrorist group.
He has never paid for his crimes.

Also, Martin McGuiness never showed any remorse or apoligised for he's past terrorist actions even when he admitted to them publicly in later life (just like some of those old retired gangsters or armed bank robbers, that look back with glee like the "good old days" at that the crimes they committed).

To me, he came across as extremely arrogant & still wouldn't admit he did anything wrong even until his dying breath.

In the words of Norman Tebbit (and his poor wife that has been paralysed & left in a wheelchair since the Brighton hotel bombing in 1984).

"He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity."

Last edited:
Without wanting to go slighlty off topic..

FYI, Tangled Up In Blue:

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists.

At the time of his trial, he publicly renounced the stopping of violence against the apartheid, but in he's later speeches and book's, he did & regretted it he;s earlier actions. Martin McGuinness never did this.

Furthermore, It's also worth noting, he's close political relation's and big financial donor's to the ANC at the time were with a certain Colonel Gaddafi.. !! & also Suharto of of Indonesia that ruled the country for 31 years.!!

& people forget Mandela was still on the USA's CIA "terrorist watch list" right up until 2008 (when oddly he was removed from the list after buying $5 billion in american military hardware, despite dying in 2009). odd that eh?

Just saying.....

Last edited:
Without wanting to go slighlty off topic..

FYI, Tangled Up In Blue:

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists.

At the time of his trial, he publicly renounced the stopping of violence against the apartheid, but in he's later speeches and book's, he did & regretted it he;s earlier actions. Martin McGuinness never did this.

Furthermore, It's also worth noting, he's close political relation's and big financial donor's to the ANC at the time were with a certain Colonel Gaddafi.. !! & also Suharto of of Indonesia that ruled the country for 31 years.!!

& people forget Mandela was still on the USA's CIA "terrorist watch list" right up until 2008 (when oddly he was removed from the list after buying $5 billion in american military hardware, despite dying in 2009). odd that eh?

Just saying.....

One of the main differences is that Nelson Mandela and his people were not allowed to vote, McGuinness could and he would not accept the majority in NI.

A book well worth a read is the 'Long walk to freedom'. As most people don't have an understanding of SA past. Mandela certainly paid when he was in prison on Robben Island, they were even given different food depending on the tone of their skin....Coloureds better than Blacks and Asian better than Coloureds.

Mandela was not ordering the murder of women and children whilst at the same time smiling and greeting vote grabbing politicians and claiming to have turned to piece.

Gerry Adam correctly descibed Martin McGuinness as "Not a terrorist but a freedom fighter".

He also pointed out that:-"Martin believed that the British government’s involvement in Ireland, and the partition of our island, are at the root of our divisions.

He was absolutely one hundred per cent right about that.

The British government has no right whatsoever to have any involvement in Ireland."

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/43969

One of the main differences is that Nelson Mandela and his people were not allowed to vote, McGuinness could and he would not accept the majority in NI.

A book well worth a read is the 'Long walk to freedom'. As most people don't have an understanding of SA past. Mandela certainly paid when he was in prison on Robben Island, they were even given different food depending on the tone of their skin....Coloureds better than Blacks and Asian better than Coloureds.

Mandela was not ordering the murder of women and children whilst at the same time smiling and greeting vote grabbing politicians and claiming to have turned to piece.

That's a book I read on a visit to South Africa in 1996 to see the African Cup of Nations there with WSC.

Back