• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match-Day Posters

Supershrimper

First XI⭐
Does anyone else put up the match day posters in their work or such. I have done for the past couple of years and have got some decent perks out of it (5 free tickets lst year which i chucked into a works raffle).

Has anyone seen the latest match day poster for this season?? It really is quite poor. Last years was so full of colour and life. Its now an just a white poster, with the Southend Logo in the top left, some fancy thin drawn line on the right and then the matches that are coming up. 3 at a time (althought i think it might be one poster per month)

I'll update with a picture later on. Just doesn't look as good as it used too...

Clearly a sign of being in league 2 and having to make cutbacks. We should be grateful its not on the back of a plain postcard nestling in the corner with the other rubbish thats often advertised in newsagents windows.....might be soon tho you never know with SUFC.

I presume there is already a poster up in every Essex Sainsburys tho....it would be poor form if there wasnt!

Does anyone else put up the match day posters in their work or such. I have done for the past couple of years and have got some decent perks out of it (5 free tickets lst year which i chucked into a works raffle).

Has anyone seen the latest match day poster for this season?? It really is quite poor. Last years was so full of colour and life. Its now an just a white poster, with the Southend Logo in the top left, some fancy thin drawn line on the right and then the matches that are coming up. 3 at a time (althought i think it might be one poster per month)

I'll update with a picture later on. Just doesn't look as good as it used too...

I'm afraid we have become very unprofessional in a professional sport/business.
What with the season ticket fiasco, basic things that have run out at the training ground, the away kit colour own goal. The grammar on the O.S. the other day looked like a 10 year olds work. Very poor from the club recently.

I'm afraid we have become very unprofessional in a professional sport/business.
What with the season ticket fiasco, basic things that have run out at the training ground, the away kit colour own goal. The grammar on the O.S. the other day looked like a 10 year olds work. Very poor from the club recently.

Did you know that if you go to the O.S. and click on Tickets, and then Ticket News, you will see that tickets are still available for Ipswich and Derby.

Probably a cost cutting thing - and we've probably had to pay cash upfront for them

See below for the picture of the latest poster

View attachment 1175

Not at all like previous seasons :(
pencil.png

you can see where costs have beeen saved - is that saturn? other than that it seems ok. we cant be too flash in L2 after all.

Did we ever make those posters available as a pdf on the official website? Ask fans to print them up and put them in their window, up at work etc. Seem to remember that happening at some time in the past.

Would surely be a cost effective way for the club to get some advertising around the town?

I actually think that looks quite cool. Very minimalist.

Damn, it means I can't incur the wrath of ESB by slating Scriven...

Did we ever make those posters available as a pdf on the official website? Ask fans to print them up and put them in their window, up at work etc. Seem to remember that happening at some time in the past.

Would surely be a cost effective way for the club to get some advertising around the town?

Yeah they used to do that, see link below

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/BluesCountryIndex/0,,10444,00.html

I used to put the poster i was sent up in work on full display in the main reception and then print off some Pdf copies from the website to put up elsewhere in the building and even my car windows

That looks a bit crap, but weren't the old posters just bold black writing on day-glo orange?

Obviously what has happened is the club have dropped the printers. Whether this is cost cutting or that the club owes them money, we don't know.
The new poster looks like it has been knocked up on the computer by Scriven at a total cost of almost zero to the club. Fair enough under our current circumstances.

Back