• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Matchday travel

With regards to matchday travel, do you currently -

• Arrive by train

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Live local and walk

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Arrive by bus

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Park in the club car park

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Park at the Hospital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Park in the local streets

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Park on Prittlewell Chase

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Use the JustPark App to park on driveways

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Park other

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Blue badge Club car park

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dropped off by the missus/someone else

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Cycle

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Target man

Striker
Hey Shrimpers!

Disappointing recent results does not mean the club stands still with regards to progressive plans. In vew of this, there is a need for early research relating to matchday travel.

Please can you participate in the first following poll:

Last edited:
Travel in from Billericay, occasionally use the train but pick up my mum and two friends in Hockey by car and have a Blue Badge space at the club

I travel in from the Wickford area by car and park in the main football car park

Saturdays is a mixture of getting dropped off and picked up, or sometimes going by train, having lunch in town and walking to the ground.

Midweek games on the other hand, I have to park in local streets so I can get away quickly to get to my night shift on time.

I travel from Colchester and park in the Club Car Park and have been doing so for 25 years or more. However that may change as the Club has decided to enforce where i park in the Car Park, which way I can face , to increase the time it takes to leave). I used to park by the furthest gate in the Car Park (nearest to the Club Shop) this allowed me to be on Victoria Avenue within 15 minutes of the game being over and I am usually home by 6.30pm. Now!!! it takes me over 30 minutes to get out of the Car Park (last 3 games) and yet is I arrive at 5 minutes to kick off I would be allowed to park against the wall and dont see any stewards around! Thinking of cancelling everything!!! I will not be bullied by a Steward who hasnt a clue of parking cars in the right way too.

Coming from St Ives, Cornwall: it's a progression of trains, Tube and train.
That said, I flew to the vital Sunderland lifesaver in 2019!
Sadly, the service from Newquay to S'end Airport is no longer.

Do Ryanair still do Newquay to Stanstead?.... Then it would be just £2 on the bus that goes past the ground.

Do Ryanair still do Newquay to Stanstead?.... Then it would be just £2 on the bus that goes past the ground.
I do know the frequency @Colchester John - and sadly not a single Saturday from now until the end of the season.
However, it will make me look again because they do fly on Tuesdays, albeit early morning.
That leaves me all day to get the bus! Thanks both.

I travel from Colchester and park in the Club Car Park and have been doing so for 25 years or more. However that may change as the Club has decided to enforce where i park in the Car Park, which way I can face , to increase the time it takes to leave). I used to park by the furthest gate in the Car Park (nearest to the Club Shop) this allowed me to be on Victoria Avenue within 15 minutes of the game being over and I am usually home by 6.30pm. Now!!! it takes me over 30 minutes to get out of the Car Park (last 3 games) and yet is I arrive at 5 minutes to kick off I would be allowed to park against the wall and dont see any stewards around! Thinking of cancelling everything!!! I will not be bullied by a Steward who hasnt a clue of parking cars in the right way too.
Totally agree

I do know the frequency @Colchester John - and sadly not a single Saturday from now until the end of the season.
However, it will make me look again because they do fly on Tuesdays, albeit early morning.
That leaves me all day to get the bus! Thanks both.

I checked they fly on a Thursday and Sunday. Have a 3 nighter in Southend I could do you Shrimper discount deal.

Back