• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Mediums and Psycics.

Options

• Total voters
I've done Tarot and can assure you that it's a great example of telling someone what they want to hear. The meanings of the cards are so open to interpretation that any "reading" can mean almost anything.

As for being "psychic", I've been able to predict the future before*, and it's nothing to do with voices from beyond (just because someone's dead, why should they know the future anyway?) The brain is a great calculator, give it enough data and it'll tell you some quite amazing things. We generally don't use the brains full potential consciously, but without thinking we're calculating millions of things a day. If the brain, even sub consciously, picks up enough data it can predict how events will be affected (no event is truly random, it's just that the variables are too plentiful for the conscious mind)

*no, I don't know the lottery numbers. They're not 100% random, but there are far too many variables that we can't possibly know each of which will affect the outcome to a relatively large extent.

You might be on to someting there ;) mayeb some of those mystic systems tech you to alter your percptions hmm *cough*

Re teh Tarot it does have set meanings for the symbols if your getting wishy washy imageries , go buy your own pack and read up on it .
The High Priestess is not the Empress and neither of them are the Star

You might be on to someting there ;) mayeb some of those mystic systems tech you to alter your percptions hmm *cough*

Re teh Tarot it does have set meanings for the symbols if your getting wishy washy imageries , go buy your own pack and read up on it .

Used to have my own pack of Tarot cards, kept them all properly wrapped and would never let anyone touch them. Could read them for myself and others, unfortunately, I just lost the knack, no idea why, and gave them away. I still feel their pull though, and indeed my little avatar picture has nothing to do with "Old Blue Lady" but is in fact my representative Tarot image.

Last edited:

Osy, I do have my own deck, and I know there are set meanings, but a lot is still down to interpretation, especially when using spreads that take several cards in conjunction for one meaning. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but it's so easy to give a "good" reading without actually doing anything genuine, and without even deliberately trying to con someone

Had a few readings and the worse was by the most well known meduim called tony stockwell.
I was once at a meeting and when it finished as we were going to leave i had a tap on my shoulder and i turned to see a lady who told me she was a meduim and did i mind if she gave me a message,i told her that she was more of a large.
She gave me my message and it was a very good one at that,do i believe,yes i do,not in physics or tarot cards but in another plain and meduimship,does it hurt any one,not really ,does it preach killing or abuse young kids,well no,does it have a old nazi as its head wearing scary clothes and a pointy hat,thankfully no.
Your views are your views and long may you be happy with them.Peace out brothers and sisters.

Used to have my own pack of Tarot cards, kept them all properly wrapped and would never let anyone touch them. Could read them for myself and others, unfortunately, I just lost the knack, no idea why, and gave them away. I still feel their pull though, and indeed my little avatar picture has nothing to do with "Old Blue Lady" but is in fact my representative Tarot image.

Happens mine up and disappeared . Maybe its over usage ;) maybe its just time to learn something else (but i still have my large size for studying imagry Thoth Deck i use :D)

I did wonder now i think its Queen of Cups ?

Osy, I do have my own deck, and I know there are set meanings, but a lot is still down to interpretation, especially when using spreads that take several cards in conjunction for one meaning. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but it's so easy to give a "good" reading without actually doing anything genuine, and without even deliberately trying to con someone

Your spot on . The main thing to remember is your never really prediciting th efuture . At best they are snap shots of the moment , as already said teh brain is most liley computing every possibly out come before it collapses that quantum wave and makes it happen . What the reader is doing is hopefully been giving the symbols that are relevant to the question they ask . I would highly recommend people learn the links between Qabblah and Tarot as well for a better tie up for the symbolise .

Nothing wrong with being cynical , but the person thats telling you the "answers" is alway's you .
I prefer the I-Ching myself ;)

I once played poker with Tarot cards.

I got a full house and three people died.

(c) Steven Wright.

I have had a lot of trouble with mediums because they typically aren't generous enough in the seat or crotch.

Problem is the next size up is large which is ****ing rent a tent.

Funny enough Derrin Brown did a show on them in the week and basically showed the techiques they used. Really work a watch if you have some time to kill on 4catchup.

Basically as I have always told the wife they just tell you general things and anything specific is either something really hard to prove or disprove. In Derrins show he basically showed them to be total frauds.QUOTE]

In the Darren Brown show,
the medium brings in a lady he says he has never met and knows nothing about.
WOW, he seems to get everything thing right, he really must be in touch with a relative from beyond the grave.

Then Darren Brown sets up a lady with the same medium, the medium really struggles and can't seem to get anything right.

It later turns out that of course the medium knew all about the first lady as she lives just around the corner and next door to his sister.

Anyone see this weeks Darren Brown? He exposed the Russian that is charging a small fortune for classes full of mainly blind people, to be able to see again by using the energy around them. Absolute rubbish.

He tells the parents and a poor young lad with cerebral palsy whom will clearly never be able to walk, that if he believes, as it is all in the mind, and keeps up the classes, that he will be able to walk again. Shocking Scam.

He tells them that they will be able to see things that are inside a closed box. His seeing assistant demonstrates this, but you actually see him lift up his blind very fast and peek inside the box, all the blind people in the class are not seeing this.

Of course, up till now, not One blind person has now been able to see. But they are flying in from all over Europe and queing up to join his classes and listen to his absolute bull, and make him a Millionaire.

Funny enough Derrin Brown did a show on them in the week and basically showed the techiques they used. Really work a watch if you have some time to kill on 4catchup.

Basically as I have always told the wife they just tell you general things and anything specific is either something really hard to prove or disprove. In Derrins show he basically showed them to be total frauds.QUOTE]

In the Darren Brown show,
the medium brings in a lady he says he has never met and knows nothing about.
WOW, he seems to get everything thing right, he really must be in touch with a relative from beyond the grave.

Then Darren Brown sets up a lady with the same medium, the medium really struggles and can't seem to get anything right.

It later turns out that of course the medium knew all about the first lady as she lives just around the corner and next door to his sister.

Anyone see this weeks Darren Brown? He exposed the Russian that is charging a small fortune for classes full of mainly blind people, to be able to see again by using the energy around them. Absolute rubbish.

He tells the parents and a poor young lad with cerebral palsy whom will clearly never be able to walk, that if he believes, as it is all in the mind, and keeps up the classes, that he will be able to walk again. Shocking Scam.

He tells them that they will be able to see things that are inside a closed box. His seeing assistant demonstrates this, but you actually see him lift up his blind very fast and peek inside the box, all the blind people in the class are not seeing this.

Of course, up till now, not One blind person has now been able to see. But they are flying in from all over Europe and queing up to join his classes and listen to his absolute bull, and make him a Millionaire.

What's in the box?
I'm not joining this circus.

The last conversation was great.

And then said , when questioned, its not for Ill people its for healthy people and its a lifestyle improvement course.

and its coming over here to prey on the vunerable

I think 95% are fraudsters and the 5% who are genuine I wouldn't touch with a barge pole...

Old Testament, Book of Deuteronomy, Chapter 18
Let no one be found among you ....who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD

I think 95% are fraudsters and the 5% who are genuine I wouldn't touch with a barge pole...

Old Testament, Book of Deuteronomy, Chapter 18
Let no one be found among you ....who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD

Please note this is the same Lord who killed innocent children and turned it into a festival for his followers ;) (Also its intresting that the original is in Hebrew and unlikely to have had the word for medium or spiritist )

I really think the monopolies commission should look into this , outsource like the Hindi traditions ;) ,

Please note this is the same Lord who killed innocent children and turned it into a festival for his followers ;) (Also its intresting that the original is in Hebrew and unlikely to have had the word for medium or spiritist )

I really think the monopolies commission should look into this , outsource like the Hindi traditions ;) ,

7 minutes before you took the bait - your'e getting slow, Osy:)

Back