• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've actually heard the same rumour from a very reliable source, don't want to name names but the guy is an ex-board member at Roots Hall.

The Football League are set to ratify this move. They believe it to be a positive innovation that could see other clubs follow suit. SUFC won't be announcing anything until all hurdles are cleared, which should be sometime in July.

Personally I love the idea, whoever thought of it is a genius.....

I wouldn't believe a fomer ex board could have told you any old rubbish and ud believe it wont happen as football league for one would vote against the idea so would other clubs

What's your credentials here? Are you a part of the football league kit ratification panel?

What's your credentials here? Are you a part of the football league kit ratification panel?

I can confirm that this initiative is being trialed by two or three volunteer clubs with a view to rolling it out across all Football League clubs for the 2017/18 season.

Its amazing how these stories get changed as they get passed on. I have it from a very reliable source that we are indeed trialling a new shirt idea, but it one where the shirt is comprised of "easy release" panels. Its a joint FL/FA initiative designed to stamp out Shirt pulling.

As the panels are replaceable, I assume this is where the new shirt every game confusion comes from.

I wouldn't believe a fomer ex board could have told you any old rubbish and ud believe it wont happen as football league for one would vote against the idea so would other clubs

Don't shoot the messenger Marky Boy. I'd prepare yourself for a season of "chasing your tail" with regards to shirts if I was you.....

Its amazing how these stories get changed as they get passed on. I have it from a very reliable source that we are indeed trialling a new shirt idea, but it one where the shirt is comprised of "easy release" panels. Its a joint FL/FA initiative designed to stamp out Shirt pulling.

As the panels are replaceable, I assume this is where the new shirt every game confusion comes from.

I remember a similar thing being trialled in the Sunday Sceptre League in the 80's with sewn on shirt numbers. I was chasing the opposition forward and in desperation trying pulling his shirt. I was left holding a number 8 as he went on to score.

I remember a similar thing being trialled in the Sunday Sceptre League in the 80's with sewn on shirt numbers. I was chasing the opposition forward and in desperation trying pulling his shirt. I was left holding a number 8 as he went on to score.

Bit like tag rugby then?

Just met Vic Jobson's son and he told me that the concept of football kits is actually a myth, and what the players wear is only what we perceive them to wear.

Now that the weekly kit has been all but ratified in Barcelona, does anyone know what our kit is going to be for the first away game in February? The built-in snood that Fenerbahce used in 87 would be great for what's likely to be cold day out.

Now that the weekly kit has been all but ratified in Barcelona, does anyone know what our kit is going to be for the first away game in February? The built-in snood that Fenerbahce used in 87 would be great for what's likely to be cold day out.

Spoke to the club earlier and they said it would be on of the four 3rd kits.

That's one of the boxing day fixtures isn't it.....so it will be one of the Boxing Day kits.

durrr. keep up.

Back