• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's been some excellent guest ales at Roots Hall, there's also been talk of trying to organise a beer festival, trouble is, the last one didn't get terribly well supported.

O.B.L.

Yes I helped Sharon with the last one.
However pre publicity was awful, and it has to be when a big home game is on.
Unbelivably last time everyone had to leave at 8.00 p.m. on the Saturday when there were at least 30 people left, and the beer was then chucked away.
I would help organise again and lend a state of the art 2 year old cooling and racking system for 12 beers.
In return, myself and my helpers would want total control over what beers and through us not what the club says. They are not more expensive than what the club pays.
I disagree excellent guest ales are on what I have been told, really just big national brands.
All money taken except say a pie an couple of pints for volunteers would go to say whoever we agreed to but would have to be something Southend United related.

O.B.L.

Yes I helped Sharon with the last one.
However pre publicity was awful, and it has to be when a big home game is on.
Unbelivably last time everyone had to leave at 8.00 p.m. on the Saturday when there were at least 30 people left, and the beer was then chucked away.
I would help organise again and lend a state of the art 2 year old cooling and racking system for 12 beers.
In return, myself and my helpers would want total control over what beers and through us not what the club says. They are not more expensive than what the club pays.
I disagree excellent guest ales are on what I have been told, really just big national brands.
All money taken except say a pie an couple of pints for volunteers would go to say whoever we agreed to but would have to be something Southend United related.

Sat Oct 20th Coventry at home and then Tues 23rd v Walsall to finish what’s left - would that work?

It’s been said a few times but the black goal nets have to go!!! Pleeeease all you can see is goal posts but no nets

Sat 20th Oct is lined up as being Junior Blues Day, I'm not sure that would work alongside it.

Yes O.B.L. I do agree, if this has any legs just P.M. me I will be happy to organize, I know a few on Travelzone, who would help as well.

Guys unfortunately, tonight's meeting has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (one of them being England's continued presence at the World Cup!!!).

We will be seeking to re-arrange this meeting before the start of the season and will carry forward the comments made in this thread.

I don't understand what you mean by this, can you please explain? I'd say 75% of people in the West Stand bar (estimate) at half time will be ordering a pint of lager - why can't say 20 pints of lager be pre poured 5 minutes before half time ready to go for half time? It would speed up the process a lot.

You might not like to have a drink at half time, but myself and clearly a decent amount of other people do and the process is very frustrating at the moment.

an estimate that is ridiculously high, just to make your point?

an estimate that is ridiculously high, just to make your point?

Is it? Of all the people who have gone into the bar, at half time, in the west stand... most of them seem to have done so for a pint as far as I can see. If 25% went in there for something else I’d consider that quite a high number!

Hi Wakes123, There is a potential of someone walking in and taking a pint without paying, also if say 20 pints of larger are poured, you would also need to do the same with ale and possibly cider, making 60 pints overall and from what i am led to believe the space in the bar is not that great, there would also need to be a way of monitoring all of the transactions. And finally the amount of time it would take to pour these drinks, also would everyone be ok with drinking warm flat beer?

We are British, we already drink warm flat beer.

Is it? Of all the people who have gone into the bar, at half time, in the west stand... most of them seem to have done so for a pint as far as I can see. If 25% went in there for something else I’d consider that quite a high number!
The capacity of the West Stand is 3337. 75% of that is 2502. It might be a bit cosy in the bar if they all wanted a drink at half time during a sell out match. Ok, the West is seldom full but you get the idea.

Back