• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is interesting, I suppose that we can hope that we wont have loads and loads of refusals, like last season? From what you say, would you expect there to be quite a lot of activity concerning bringing players in, from now until the end of the month? i.e. we will have something else to write about, apart from the imminent arrival of the elusive Mr Banton?

I think it is still difficult to attract players here, after all the troubles of the last couple of years. But, not as difficult as it has been...

We have got all bases covered. By that I mean we aren't just talking to one or two players in each position that needs strengthening. We are talking to many. Fingers crossed we pull off our first choice targets. But if not, we have others in mind.

Most players contracts run out at the end of June. So I would expect more in the way of movement in July. Players and agents start getting a bit edgy then as well and are not so demanding in terms of wages etc, or so keen to keep their options open. That's not to say we won't be bringing anyone in over the next week or so, we may well do.

I think a tall and fairly quick centre half, a quick and creative winger, a midfield general and a speedy striker are the types of player we are looking to bring in. We are talking to some real quality players in every position. IF we can pull them off, then I would be extremely confident of a promotion push.

I think it is still difficult to attract players here, after all the troubles of the last couple of years. But, not as difficult as it has been...

We have got all bases covered. By that I mean we aren't just talking to one or two players in each position that needs strengthening. We are talking to many. Fingers crossed we pull off our first choice targets. But if not, we have others in mind.

Most players contracts run out at the end of June. So I would expect more in the way of movement in July. Players and agents start getting a bit edgy then as well and are not so demanding in terms of wages etc, or so keen to keep their options open. That's not to say we won't be bringing anyone in over the next week or so, we may well do.

I think a tall and fairly quick centre half, a quick and creative winger, a midfield general and a speedy striker are the types of player we are looking to bring in. We are talking to some real quality players in every position. IF we can pull them off, then I would be extremely confident of a promotion push.

Great news as those are exactly the types of player I think we need to mount a push for promotion next season. To be honest if Timlin was as you put it a "nice to have" as opposed to a "need to have" then PS must really be looking at bringing in some high-calibre additions between now and August 6th. :thumbsup:

This is very encouraging, sounds as though there is a real commitment to enlarge the squad which, following last season, was clearly needed. Whereas there is probably no money to actually sign players for a fee, it appears that we are possibly going to add to our wage bill a bit even though the economies that have been discussed are certainly being made. If this is true, it would fly in the face of many of the more pessimistic forecasts being posted on here a month or so ago.

If people want us to play a passing game then we're going to need to get someone like Timlin in, because we haven't got the midfielders to spray the ball around otherwise.

Timlin will be back at Southend shortly I'd imagine on a permanent deal. He turned you down to remain with us but after an apparent falling out with Paolo Di Canio after the first game, Timlin has not featured or been on the bench again.

Surely it makes sense to give Sawyer a chance before we go and sign yet another central midfielder.

Di Canio has said today that Timlin is one of the players he is trying to offload out on loan - BBC website.

If N'Diaye is leaving then bringing Timlin would be ideal. Only saw him play once for us, wasn't even impressed but he is a ball player and would give us options. Don't think we should place all our hope in player (ie. Sawyer) to turn us into a passing team.

Signed for Stevenage. Best of luck to him.

If I was a Stevenage fan I'd be delighted with that signing.

I assume trying to find those missing bits of his skull on the pitch would have been a motivation behind the move.

Great signing for Stevenage that, thought someone from league one would of offered him at least a year.

Great signing for Stevenage that, thought someone from league one would of offered him at least a year.
Given how settled he is down in Leigh he might not have wanted to relocate or be making a huge journey every day, which would limit him to only really Gillingham, maybe Luton, that you would imagine would consider taking up someone we’ve let go in League One?

Back