• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Migrant "children" from Calais

The jungle is due to be dismantled this week. Not if the anarchist group no borders can help it. A group plan to travel from Britain, in the past they have supplied radios and chain saws to help the migrants storm the ferry terminals etc.

They have threatened to attack the French police. The French police are armed, with my blessing the should not hesitate to open fire if attacked.

This whole sordid affair has been a massive horlicks by the Home Office.

There's a moving account here of one refugee's story which some of you lot need to read.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...elieved-i-was-13-10-years-on-nothings-changed

Ah, so it was just a UK thing. Silly me to think it could possibly have anything to do with another country. Afterall, 'sordid affairs' are only a UK problem. Best find a link that going to blame the UK for knocking down the Jungle camp tomorrow. How dare anyone suggest its any other than the UK's fault. Shame on them.

Ah, so it was just a UK thing. Silly me to think it could possibly have anything to do with another country. Afterall, 'sordid affairs' are only a UK problem. Best find a link that going to blame the UK for knocking down the Jungle camp tomorrow. How dare anyone suggest its any other than the UK's fault. Shame on them.

Although each & every occupant of "The Jungle" is there through their own choice, if anyone wants to apportion blame I suspect they need to look closer to home. An overly-generous living wage and/or 'free everything for life' welfare system makes the UK an attractive prospect.

Although each & every occupant of "The Jungle" is there through their own choice, if anyone wants to apportion blame I suspect they need to look closer to home. An overly-generous living wage and/or 'free everything for life' welfare system makes the UK an attractive prospect.

That's tbe spirit.

Bingo !

These migrants see the UK as an easy touch with money being thrown at them.

Egypt have an average monthly wage of £100 or thereabouts with unemployment extremely high,now if I was an Egyptian I too would be heading for the UK as I understand the British taxpayer is crazy generous and they would gladly give me everything I need and much much more....any British complaining will instantly be told they are racist blah blah whilst I live rent free laughing my head off.

In what way is the 'living wage' over generous?

I wonder if the UK gov announced it will move the jungle camp to Hampstead Heath the luvies such as Lily Allen, Jude Law, and Benedict Cumberbatch would be so keen?

Joking aside I walked through Southend High Street yesterday morning, which I do every week after dropping my son at his piano lesson; really shocked to see the amount of homeless people sleeping in doorways, some already on the cider. The numbers seem to be increasing week on week.

Seems to be a growing trend in most cities and towns... And no one seems to bat an eyelid in the media?

I wonder if the UK gov announced it will move the jungle camp to Hampstead Heath the luvies such as Lily Allen, Jude Law, and Benedict Cumberbatch would be so keen?

Joking aside I walked through Southend High Street yesterday morning, which I do every week after dropping my son at his piano lesson; really shocked to see the amount of homeless people sleeping in doorways, some already on the cider. The numbers seem to be increasing week on week.

Seems to be a growing trend in most cities and towns... And no one seems to bat an eyelid in the media?

These luvvies rarely campaign regarding ex army who are sleeping tough on the streets,these blokes have witnessed terrible stuff yet zero help from anyone.

In what way is the 'living wage' over generous?

Putting aside the unnecessary recent hike, overly-burdensome would perhaps be a better way of describing it. The last thing any small business needs is (more) state interference. The markets should dictate salaries, not the government.

The controversy over the UK’s work - or lack thereof - to process and resettle refugees is the important subtext to today’s evacuation of the Calais migrant camp. Shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said:

The treatment of the refugees in Calais is disgraceful. The refugees should have been processed and checked before any dispersal and destruction of the camp.

It seems certain that people who have a right to refugee status, or asylum, in either France or in this country, will be denied. Children will now be even more vulnerable to people traffickers, or worse.

The British government has failed in its duties, foot-dragging through the whole process. It should be protecting people who have a right to come here, not colluding in this process

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...riot-police-prepare-demolish-refugees-migrant

The most intelligent comment on the treatment of refugees in Calais that I've heard so far.

The controversy over the UK’s work - or lack thereof - to process and resettle refugees is the important subtext to today’s evacuation of the Calais migrant camp. Shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said:

The treatment of the refugees in Calais is disgraceful. The refugees should have been processed and checked before any dispersal and destruction of the camp.

It seems certain that people who have a right to refugee status, or asylum, in either France or in this country, will be denied. Children will now be even more vulnerable to people traffickers, or worse.

The British government has failed in its duties, foot-dragging through the whole process. It should be protecting people who have a right to come here, not colluding in this process

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...riot-police-prepare-demolish-refugees-migrant

The most intelligent comment on the treatment of refugees in Calais that I've heard so far.

The jungle camp is an illegal settlement.
The migrants have been breaking the law.
The migrants have been attacking law abiding drivers.
The migrants have been damaging cars/lorries.
The migrants have terrorised the people of Calais.

End of,fact.

The jungle camp is an illegal settlement.
The migrants have been breaking the law.
The migrants have been attacking law abiding drivers.
The migrants have been damaging cars/lorries.
The migrants have terrorised the people of Calais.

End of,fact.

All of them ?

The media have slightly changed tact.

Before they constantly told the viewer "the children" now they are saying "vulnerable children" ...sounds so much better to tear at the heartstrings.

They are all trespassing,so they are all law breaking in that respect!

Yet they arent all doing the rest though are they.

Typical stereotyping.

How many children can I put your name down for?would you care and cherish them,pay for them too?

or

Are you just another one who moans yet wouldn't take any into your own home,you know pass the buck onto social services because you have done your bit via moaning,just asking like.

Will people stop responding to mrsblue - i have he/she on ignore but still see the inane postings due to people replying :thumbdown:

Will people stop responding to mrsblue - i have he/she on ignore but still see the inane postings due to people replying :thumbdown:

This board is for opinions ,clearly you do not like my opinion and you have me on ignore yet your still not satisfied .

Without being rude your posts/comments havnt even warranted my attention as they are probably inane and dreary,yet you won't see me saying anything,simply because it's none of my business.

How many children can I put your name down for?would you care and cherish them,pay for them too?

or

Are you just another one who moans yet wouldn't take any into your own home,you know pass the buck onto social services because you have done your bit via moaning,just asking like.
By this logic you can only express concern for the elderly if you are going to house an old person.

Only express concern for orphans if you are going to house an orphan.

Only express enthusiasm for Trident if you are willing to keep a nuke at the bottom of your garden.

Only express enthusiasm for the Royals if you are willing to pay more tax to replace the EU subsidies they are losing.

Only support foreign citizens being sent back if you are willing to train to be a Dr or nurse to replace them.

Only criticise Phil Brown if you actually go to the matches.

But really it doesn't work like that does it. People are allowed to express an opinion even though they may not personally have the funds, facilities or skills to make a situation better themselves. That is how and why societies and communities form - people sharing their abilities and trading. That is why dairy farmers don't only drink milk and Doctors don't only treat their own family - skills are shared and exchanged.

So someone can have an opinion on refugees even if they don't have refugees living in their own homes. We vote in governments to make those things happen.

Back