• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall game

Just seen todays eho and it says for millwall game only the east stand will be open for home fans which i think is a bit stupid on the clubs part. I can only imagine closer to the game they will change it so the south stand is open aswell. Does any one know how many the east stand holds cant be more than 2,500 which i think will sell pretty quickler
For the norwich game all stands will be open

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ June 30 2005,14:32)]Just seen todays eho and it says for millwall game only the east stand will be open for home fans which i think is a bit stupid on the clubs part. I can only imagine closer to the game they will change it so the south stand is open aswell. Does any one know how many the east stand holds cant be more than 2,500 which i think will sell pretty quickler
For the norwich game all stands will be open
Seems a bit odd... we'll get more than 2500 home fans for Millwall surely?

rock.gif

I believe the East Stand holds somewhere in the region of 3,000 - 3,500 so I suspect there will be plenty of room, especially for a pre-season friendly. I'd rather the club save a little bit of cash on stewarding, etc. on what is essentially an experimental match with very little potential for entertainment, just like most pre-season matches.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 30 2005,15:41)]Seems a bit odd... we'll get more than 2500 home fans for Millwall surely?

rock.gif
We didn't get that many for C********r or Canvey Island a couple of summers ago so I doubt we'd get it for Millwall, Steve.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 30 2005,19:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 30 2005,15:41)]Seems a bit odd... we'll get more than 2500 home fans for Millwall surely?

rock.gif
We didn't get that many for C********r or Canvey Island a couple of summers ago so I doubt we'd get it for Millwall, Steve.

WS
I think people are getting confused here. It was the Shrewsbury LDV vans game that the club $%&*ed up by only opening the East stand. I can't remember a friendly like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ June 30 2005,21:06)]I think people are getting confused here. It was the Shrewsbury LDV vans game that the club $%&*ed up by only opening the East stand. I can't remember a friendly like that.
Exactly. I can't see that many people being that bothered about a pre-season friendly. No doubt most people will be on their holibobs anyway. It's a nothing game. I say 1,900 tops.

WS

We played Millwall pre season last year and only the East was open, and there was plenty of space for all...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ June 30 2005,21:59)]We played Millwall pre season last year and only the East was open, and there was plenty of space for all...
Just as I would have suspected ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ June 30 2005,20:59)]We played Millwall pre season last year and only the East was open, and there was plenty of space for all...
but last season we were in league 2

Dont think that makes too much difference tbh, people are on holiday etc. and alot of fans dont tend to be bother with friendlies unless we play someone really big like West Ham.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ June 30 2005,22:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ June 30 2005,20:59)]We played Millwall pre season last year and only the East was open, and there was plenty of space for all...
but last season we were in league 2
It doesn't really matter what division the team is in. Very few people are bothered about meaningless pre-season friendlies. I can understand why the club has decided to open the East Stand only. The expense of seeing less than 2,000 spread around four sides of the ground simply isn't worth it. And it looks $%&*e too ...

WS

Who gives a toss to be honest. If there are too many people they'll just open the South Upper like Shrewsbury. It don't make a blind bit of difference and it's only a friendly. I probably won't decide whether or not to go until that evening when I just pitch up.

Yep we only got about 1000 for the same game last season, amd it was one of the most boring football matches I've ever seen in my life. I certainly won't be paying £5 for that this season.

Yeah i remember the Millwall game last year being some of the most boring stuff I have ever seen. So I could understand why there would not be so much support for this friendly game anyway.

As I said, we're a league higher, there a renewed interest in the club, yet I very much doubt we'd attract 2,000, let alone fill the East Stand (or indeed the WHOLE ground!) ...

WS

Back