• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My 10 year old son and I don't get to as many games as we'd like to, mainly due to living in Birmingham and my work commitments. However, we made it yesterday and I am so glad we did. It was a great performance and we fully deserved the win, that in truth could have been by an even bigger margin.

One thing I did notice during the game, and it's certainly not a criticism, but pretty much all of our attacking threat came down the left side. I just wondered if this has been normal recently? Obviously it would be nice to mix it up a bit more, but when you win so comfortably it would be churlish to moan about anything. I was just curious.

Last edited:
I missed this game, (which with my current away form of 3 defeats from 3 away games is, for me a jinx sign) but I have a few questions.
Did Atko and MacL swop sides on occasions? Did Len stay back when Wordsworth was forward? Did Phil patrol the touchline barking out the "left a bit, right a bit, 2 steps back" stuff or did he remain fairly mute? Did Ranger win his headers? Was our crossing any good?
Just generalisation questions but match reports are sketchy.

I missed this game, (which with my current away form of 3 defeats from 3 away games is, for me a jinx sign) but I have a few questions.
Did Atko and MacL swop sides on occasions? Did Len stay back when Wordsworth was forward? Did Phil patrol the touchline barking out the "left a bit, right a bit, 2 steps back" stuff or did he remain fairly mute? Did Ranger win his headers? Was our crossing any good?

Wingers didnt swap at all iirc.
Lenny certainly sitting, hence WordsWorth able to be the good attacking midfielder we need.
Ranger is pivotal though. His excellent hold up play coupled with good passes gives us such a good platform to build on.
Dare I say Ferdinand being 'the' voice at the back coupled with his outstanding reading of the game gives the new found stability at the back.

It's not the golden shot Massimo. Given your away record by the way, best you don't go again and make do with sketchy eh?

The last 3 results should keep the PB haters quiet for a while :smile:
What he seems to have done is shelve his Phil style set-ups and gone for a formation like the haters have wanted all along. For me, he can stay as long as he keeps doing it, I have no problem with why it happens as long as we keep setting up in a way that lets these decent players play. Win win all round and hey..we are winning so happy days. Also..I know that I was a kind of lone voice on this for a long time but it has happened...Barrett has been out, and we have stopped leaking like a sieve. Not all down to this one move but it needed doing. Sorry fans of Barrett the legend.

What he seems to have done is shelve his Phil style set-ups and gone for a formation like the haters have wanted all along. For me, he can stay as long as he keeps doing it, I have no problem with why it happens as long as we keep setting up in a way that lets these decent players play. Win win all round and hey..we are winning so happy days. Also..I know that I was a kind of lone voice on this for a long time but it has happened...Barrett has been out, and we have stopped leaking like a sieve. Not all down to this one move but it needed doing. Sorry fans of Barrett the legend.

I'd say it's more likely to be down to the ball not coming straight back every time it is played forward and the abandoning of a bizarre formation where the full backs are overworked without the ball and starved of options with it. Generally, our shape seems so much better and the players know their jobs. No doubt Thompson and Ferdinand are showing signs of a good partnership though.

Back