• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ... MK Dons (abridged version)

Mick

Life President
Limited access, so a very brief note.

Referee is Select Group official Lee Mason, a regular on Match of the Day, usually doing something to upset Liverpool.

He was in charge of that wonderful 45 mins at Colchester a few years back when we raced to a 3-0 lead (actually he was in charge for the full 90 mins!). Don't think we've seen him since.

Assistants are the strange looking Stephen Artis and Michael Murphy with Pat Miller 4th official for our second away game in a row.

Mick, what do you know about Carl Boyeson?

He was our ref saturday and was truly woeful. He kept blowing his whistle for nothing, moving the position of free-kicks by just a yard or two. I know we all moan about referee's at times but i'm convinced this bloke thought we were there to watch him.

Mick, what do you know about Carl Boyeson?

He was our ref saturday and was truly woeful. He kept blowing his whistle for nothing, moving the position of free-kicks by just a yard or two. I know we all moan about referee's at times but i'm convinced this bloke thought we were there to watch him.

My last comments about him were:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46293&highlight=boyeson

I think he has been a bit of an enigma over the years. His career was going nowhere fast. In fact two years ago he got no decent appointments and was probably the only referee other than first years not to get a Championship game. He possibly had a bit of a re-think on his style and came out the following season showing just 42 yellows in 36 games. Bear in mind 8 of these were in the Leeds V Brighton game last year (you'd think they'd try to avoid repeat appointments!), apart from that, that's less than a card per game - exceptional. Lo and behold he started getting plenty of Championship appointments and that has continued this season.

Maybe after last year's match he was determined to keep a tight lid on matters and was clamping down on everything.

Maybe he didn't buckle in front of a hostile Leeds crowd like so many have done before.

Not my favourite referee, but there are plenty worse.

My last comments about him were:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46293&highlight=boyeson

I think he has been a bit of an enigma over the years. His career was going nowhere fast. In fact two years ago he got no decent appointments and was probably the only referee other than first years not to get a Championship game. He possibly had a bit of a re-think on his style and came out the following season showing just 42 yellows in 36 games. Bear in mind 8 of these were in the Leeds V Brighton game last year (you'd think they'd try to avoid repeat appointments!), apart from that, that's less than a card per game - exceptional. Lo and behold he started getting plenty of Championship appointments and that has continued this season.

Maybe after last year's match he was determined to keep a tight lid on matters and was clamping down on everything.

Maybe he didn't buckle in front of a hostile Leeds crowd like so many have done before.

Not my favourite referee, but there are plenty worse.

Thank you, its always interesting to get another view.

There was no hostile crowd to buckle under. He may well have just been well under par, he did neither side any favours and his poor performance played a part in the scuffles at the end. He blew for something like 46 fouls in a game that didn't warrant that.

Also today some of the comments he made to players have emerged, not overly professional. His facebook page says alot about the bloke, i would have thought that someone in his position would resist putting jokes about the killings during the African cup of nations

Thank you, its always interesting to get another view.

There was no hostile crowd to buckle under. He may well have just been well under par, he did neither side any favours and his poor performance played a part in the scuffles at the end. He blew for something like 46 fouls in a game that didn't warrant that.

Also today some of the comments he made to players have emerged, not overly professional. His facebook page says alot about the bloke, i would have thought that someone in his position would resist putting jokes about the killings during the African cup of nations

Oh dear ! The fact that he's got a facebook page says a lot about the bloke.

No hostile crowd ? There's always a hostile crowd. :)

Back