• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mooney

As JG and Miley got him off the pitch something was said and he saw red and turned to have a go back. The keeper also said something. I'm sure he made the injury worse turning and twisting then otherwise they'd of had the chuckle brothers stretchering him off the pitch in the first place.

There’s much more to come from him. I just hope we see it in a Southend shirt and he doesn’t join the long list of excellent players who only show their best when they leave SS2.
Firstly lets hope he's ok. Secondly there's clearly a good player in there and he has a lot of skill. BUT there's a BUT, yes he's young but he's a very frustrating player to watch. He's strolls around adding very little value at all. When he does pick up the ball you expect that he can do something but he just never does and often dwells on the ball way too long and gets the ball easier nicked away. He makes the wrong decisions all the time and considering his technically ability, his set pieces are shockingly poor. He started the season on corners and free kicks but was quickly taken off after never beating the first man. It seems to me he just needs good coaching and someone to really take him by the scruff of the neck and mentor him but so far this season I've seen zero progress in his ability sadly.

Like I say, he's a good player and can be so much better but he needs to start showing it. Times on his side but I'd love for him to start showing his potential and become a good player for us (when fit). At present he's not a starter if we have a fit squad due to the above. Lets hope he gets well and start showing his promise.

It was clearly not a noticeable break and from what I gather it is still unclear. So the actions of John Gowans seems quite appropriate. Clearly if a fully qualified physio or better a consultant orthopaedic surgeon who is a member of SZ and says the actions taken on the pitch were wrong I will be happy to change my mind

It was clearly not a noticeable break and from what I gather it is still unclear. So the actions of John Gowans seems quite appropriate. Clearly if a fully qualified physio or better a consultant orthopaedic surgeon who is a member of SZ and says the actions taken on the pitch were wrong I will be happy to change my mind
As I said earlier in the thread - in post match interview King Kev said it seemed the stretcher was 'over doing' it and entirely precautionary - he clearly didn't expect the injury to be as serious as a break at that point. It seems odd to me that we've had no update - if it was a break wouldn't he have gone to a&e?

Getting back to my break it was pretty obviously my tibia was broken as it was in 2 bits. Clearly Dan's injury is not like this. I remember that when setting it as the ligaments pull the leg and the break together, one nurse pinned my shoulders down while the other pulled the leg with a bit like a tug of war stance until the two ends were together. The most pain I've ever been in.

As I said earlier in the thread - in post match interview King Kev said it seemed the stretcher was 'over doing' it and entirely precautionary - he clearly didn't expect the injury to be as serious as a break at that point. It seems odd to me that we've had no update - if it was a break wouldn't he have gone to a&e?
You don't need to wait for swelling to go down to diagnose a break, which implies it isn't one.

It's fairly normal whilst uncommon for people to be able to walk on a broken / fractured bone. Nothing to see here

He's not a physio. His qualification (i.e. degree) is the same level and is probably more relevant to the job, but he can't call himself a physio.

Yes, it's one of the protected terms.

You must register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to practice as a physiotherapist or physical therapist in the UK. You can only call yourself a physiotherapist or a physical therapist if you’re registered with the HCPC.

Fines and penalties​

You could be fined up to £5,000 if you call yourself a physiotherapist or a physical therapist and you’re not registered with the HCPC.

Yes, it's one of the protected terms.

You must register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to practice as a physiotherapist or physical therapist in the UK. You can only call yourself a physiotherapist or a physical therapist if you’re registered with the HCPC.

Fines and penalties​

You could be fined up to £5,000 if you call yourself a physiotherapist or a physical therapist and you’re not registered with the HCPC.
I had help from someone once I could only refer to as a physicalterrorist.

It's fairly normal whilst uncommon for people to be able to walk on a broken / fractured bone. Nothing to see here
To be fair, when I broke my fibula last year, I walked on it including up and down stairs and the doctor I saw before it was eventually x-rayed didn't think it was broken!

This has nothing to do with Mooneys injury u m.pp..t!! I'm just saying since his played for us the results have been worse! Not sure if u go to games or follow southend because u would know we went 11 games unbeaten without him being nowhere near the first team and look at the results since he came back and before?
No its impossible for me to go to games now as i live overseas, but i followed and went to games from 1952 to 1966 when i emigrated to Australia,i read every thread thats put on here ,but never would i say its the fault of one man as you did.The fault may lie in the fact of the team having so many injuries , ever stopped to think about that .When a man is injured someone has to take his place ,dont blame that person for us losing blame the injuries .

Axeman drove to A&E with a broken ankle. Adrenalin helps with a lot of the initial pain as well.
I drove myself to A&E with a broken left wrist...in a manual car. Going from gears 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 was ok, but going back the other way hurt a bit!

Back