• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More on Maher

Nelson PK

An unreliable poster on posh.net reckons he heard that Fry wanted to sign Maher now that Taylor had lost interest.

He claimed to have the news on "BBC Radio Essex" last night.

The fact that no one appears to have posted anything on here suggests it's complete b******s - anyone?

Personally I couldn't give a toss now, as much as I'd like to see monkey head stay but, with Jay Smith coming out with comments like, Southend haven't seen the best of me yet ! With Bentley eased into position where he will get even better and start scoring goals too. With the fact that kevs wages will line up a decent replacemenmt I'm not worried at all.

His corners are cr*p, he plays most of his passes sideways or backwards so Judas is welcome to him IMHO!

Seriously, I think it would do us good to have a change of midfield as it was very poor for long periods last season.

Bentley/Smith in central midfield with Gower/Nicolau on the wings looks a scary prospect to any opposition if you ask me!

Bye Bye Elvis J Eel!
biggrin.gif

i think that maher is overated and anyway if we sign another midfielder anyway there wont be any room im hinting toward Ben Smith

Ben Smith signed for Shrewsbury last week on a two year deal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 09 2004,09:31)]His corners are cr*p,
Because Mark "Nobody dare say a word against him" Gower's are sooo much better?

I Cant believe how peoples opinions change. Before the Hull and Sheff Wed. rumors came about most people were saying Maher was our player of the season and helped turn our season around which was proven when he got The trust player of the season. Now people are saying he's over-rated and are picking bad points out about his game! I'd love him to stay i think he's a good player and he's out captain. Bentley and Smithy are both more attacking players and I think wouldnt work well together as we need a defensive midfielder to protect the defence a bit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nelson PK @ June 09 2004,09:11)]An unreliable poster on posh.net reckons he heard that Fry wanted to sign Maher now that Taylor had lost interest.
That's all the proof I need. He's off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 09 2004,12:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nelson PK @ June 09 2004,09:11)]An unreliable poster on posh.net reckons he heard that Fry wanted to sign Maher now that Taylor had lost interest.
That's all the proof I need. He's off.
Does he need a lift?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 09 2004,12:21)]That's all the proof I need. He's off.
Does he need a lift?[/QUOTE]
If we have a whip round then perhaps we could raise the cab fare to Peterborough!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 09 2004,12:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 09 2004,12:21)]That's all the proof I need. He's off.
Does he need a lift?
If we have a whip round then perhaps we could raise the cab fare to Peterborough!
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
Just be thankful he's not going to Sheff Wed or Hull then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ June 09 2004,11:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 09 2004,09:31)]His corners are cr*p,
Because Mark "Nobody dare say a word against him" Gower's are sooo much better?
No! I agree with you that Gowers corners are cr*p too!

We are dreadful from any dead ball situation which will need to be resolved for next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 09 2004,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 09 2004,12:27)]
[b said:
Does he need a lift?
wink.gif
Just be thankful he's not going to Sheff Wed or Hull then.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry!

Overseas Shrimper is better than me at Geography so knows where Sheffield and Hull are!

He could have paid using his Maltese credit card!
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
All very enlightening lads, but the question was "has anyone heard anything about Maher and Posh on the radio?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 09 2004,12:42)]I haven't got a radio in my tent.
But you've a compooter? Impressive
laugh.gif

Back