• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Morgan keen to play

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Tilly has confirmed that he is considering putting Nick Morgan on the bench.
Morgan is dying to play and wants to take his chance and eventually become the No 1 choice.

Till hopes Clarke will slot in well as he is well known to 50% of the back four - Barrett and Wilson.

The whole back page covers the goalkeeping "crisis" and Terry Alderton isn't mentioned once.

By the way, is Terry training at B&L does anyone know?

As much as I'd like to see Nick Morgan get a chance on the bench, part of me now would love to see Terry being involved in the game by being a sub. That'd really give us the publicity!

Watching him warm up before the game really would be surreal.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 14 2004,13:43)]As much as I'd like to see Nick Morgan get a chance on the bench, part of me now would love to see Terry being involved in the game by being a sub. That'd really give us the publicity!

Watching him warm up before the game really would be surreal.
laugh.gif
Nothing to stop all three goalkeepers warming up together with the G/K Coach before the game, and then the "unlucky" keeper having to go into the stand....
rock.gif

Everyone wants a chance, it has to be down to quality to be honest! stick alderton on the bench and tilly will be tempted to bring him on but i would still rather have tes in goal!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,14:14)]I'd rather see Tes up front.

Controversial!
Blimey... didn't know he was a striker?
rock.gif

I suppose rush goalie's out of the question... I know Darryl thinks he's one!
laugh.gif

If Alderton makes the bench and Morgan don't, how is that fair on the lad, Alderton is not a professional footballer, Morgan is playing regulary for the reserves and youth teams and is working hard. If he can't even make the bench when our two keepers are out then he has every right to leave this club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If Alderton makes the bench and Morgan don't, how is that fair on the lad, Alderton is not a professional footballer, Morgan is playing regulary for the reserves and youth teams and is working hard. If he can't even make the bench when our two keepers are out then he has every right to leave this club.

Alderton is a professional footballer. He has signed for a professional football club making him a professional footballer.

Morgan may be playing reguarly for the reserves but is conceding goals left right and centre for them. Over the 2 matches with Hornchurch he has let in 5 and 3 Vs Millwall. Very much a worry if you ask me. Tilly wouldn't have signed Terry if he didn't think he could do a job. Yes, his a comedian but used to play for us. He must have something about him.

Instead of moaning about the lack of oppurtnunites Morgan is getting, why not support Alderton or Clarke if they play hey!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 14 2004,19:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If Alderton makes the bench and Morgan don't, how is that fair on the lad, Alderton is not a professional footballer, Morgan is playing regulary for the reserves and youth teams and is working hard. If he can't even make the bench when our two keepers are out then he has every right to leave this club.

Alderton is a professional footballer. He has signed for a professional football club making him a professional footballer.

Morgan may be playing reguarly for the reserves but is conceding goals left right and centre for them. Over the 2 matches with Hornchurch he has let in 5 and 3 Vs Millwall. Very much a worry if you ask me. Tilly wouldn't have signed Terry if he didn't think he could do a job. Yes, his a comedian but used to play for us. He must have something about him.

Instead of moaning about the lack of oppurtnunites Morgan is getting, why not support Alderton or Clarke if they play hey!?
I've said it before, I'll say it again - irrespective of how many goals Morgan has let in - Alderton was released/rejected at 16, Morgan has been with professional football clubs (first West Ham and now the Shrimpers) since that age and has been kept on - that in my eyes makes Tilly's decision in terms of ability a no-brainer.

I would much rather Tilly watches all 3 keepers in training, and uses his own judgement to decide who is the better keeper purely on ability and irrespective of age, contract status and history.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 14 2004,20:15)]
[b said:

You tw*t !!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ Oct. 15 2004,11:02)]
[b said:
[b said:

You tw*t !!!!!!
That's a bit harsh and hardly much of a debate.

Ricky Otto came to us from Barnet, who acquired him soon after he finished a spell of porridge at Her Majesty's Pleasure. I remember us being the butt of some jokes around the time he came here, but in all seriousness... who had the last laugh?

Ricky Otto!  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 15 2004,11:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ Oct. 15 2004,11:02)]
[b said:
[b said:

You tw*t !!!!!!
That's a bit harsh and hardly much of a debate.
And the point of that insult was what?

At least put up a reasonable argument than throw around insults to people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 15 2004,11:18)]
[b said:

Ricky Otto came to us from Barnet, who acquired him soon after he finished a spell of porridge at Her Majesty's Pleasure. I remember us being the butt of some jokes around the time he came here, but in all seriousness... who had the last laugh?

Ricky Otto!  
tounge.gif
Agreed ,Otto came to us and i thought here we go why the f*ck have we signed him,but he obviously had a point to prove cos he turned out to be a great buy and one of my favourite players at the hall.

So lets not judge players before they even set foot on the pitch as whoever we end up playing in goal on sat will be making his debut for us and probably very nervous, the sensible choice imho is to play Clarke, but like someone said before Tilly will have seen them all train and will make his own decision on who will do the best job for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ Oct. 15 2004,11:30)]Agreed ,Otto came to us and i thought here we go why the f*ck have we signed him,but he obviously had a point to prove cos he turned out to be a great buy and  one of my favourite players at the hall.
Substituting Collymore for Otto also works.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 14 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 14 2004,13:20)]Morgan is dying to play and wants to take his chance and eventually become the No 1 choice.
Tell me about it - if only ORM would read this
I'm sure that Tilly has told his Morgan that patience is a virtue and that going public won't help his cause.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 14 2004,20:15)
If Alderton makes the bench and Morgan don't, how is that fair on the lad, Alderton is not a professional footballer, Morgan is playing regulary for the reserves and youth teams and is working hard. If he can't even make the bench when our two keepers are out then he has every right to leave this club.

You tw*t !!!!!!

Nice repsonse. I felt that I put forward a decent case and the best you can do to debate the issue is resort to name calling. Banksy, you smell, so there.

Back