• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Morrison to return to Swindon

It's such a shame to see Dervite wasting away at Spurs - no appearances at all in the first team this season - when we would kill to get him back.
And they don't play a in a reserve league so he's probably not played, apart from the odd behind closed doors practice match, for several months.

Having seen Swindon in the Cup at Fulham on Saturday(since we didn't have a game)I can understand why they wanted Morrison back.They were poor in central defence.Lacking pace,skill and authority.
:D

What ****ing game were you watching?

Clueless.

Morrison simply hans't got a chance of breaking up the Greer-Cuthbert partnership, which is absolutely excellent. He's back up, but very good back up at that.

Oh well, you lot now have Revell back, so at least that is some good news for you ;)

All confirmed on our official site now, so its goodbye to Morrison after Saturday.

Lets hope IF the game goes ahead, he pops up with a goal before he leaves.

How has he done for you?

I know you all seem to like him, but has he stood out as class or just done the job?

Bugger, now don't go giving him Player of the Month, keep it for one of OUR guys!

How has he done for you?

I know you all seem to like him, but has he stood out as class or just done the job?

Done very well here, and looks to be the real deal.

I imagine, should he not break up your centre-half partnership at the moment we will leave come the summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him ply his trade at a level above Swindon, and us, in a few years time.

Young, raw, with real potential. Dominant in the air, decent enough on the deck.

Done very well here, and looks to be the real deal.

I imagine, should he not break up your centre-half partnership at the moment we will leave come the summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him ply his trade at a level above Swindon, and us, in a few years time.

Young, raw, with real potential. Dominant in the air, decent enough on the deck.

But quite slow. Better in the air than on the deck imo. Not a patch on Dorian.

<
:D

What ****ing game were you watching?

Clueless.

Morrison simply hans't got a chance of breaking up the Greer-Cuthbert partnership, which is absolutely excellent. He's back up, but very good back up at that.<

The game I was at was the one where Swindon's number 6-Gordon Greer-was outclassed by Bobby Zamora throughout and gave away Swindon's goal.
He was also embarrased by Andrew Johnson's pace and if AJ had been matchfit he would have got a couple including that penalty miss.I agree that Morrison is probably just back up in the short term but if you really don't want him why not let him go? Next you'll be telling us that Billy Paynter is a good player.We know better.
Were you at the game by any chance?:)

Last edited:
But quite slow. Better in the air than on the deck imo. Not a patch on Dorian.

Yes he is slow, and not a patch on Dorian but when you compare Dorian's history and footballing upbringing compared to Morrison, is it any wonder?

Morrison has the potential to play Championship football in my eyes. Dorian could play Premiership, as could M'Voto from the signs I've seen of him.

The game I was at was the one where Swindon's number 6-Gordon Greer-was outclassed by Bobby Zamora throughout and gave away Swindon's goal.
He was also embarrased by Andrew Johnson's pace and if AJ had been matchfit he would have got a couple including that penalty miss.I agree that Morrison is probably just back up in the short term but if you really don't want him why not let him go?
Were you at the game by any chance?:)
Greer was out strengthed by Zamora for the goal, yes. But that is a credit too Zamora's strength as Greer is no lightweight.

Conceding 1 goal against an Zamora-Johnson partnership with Premiership quality service is not bad at all. Being match fit has nothing to do with him missing the penalty - shocker. Embarrased by Johnsons pace? How many times was Johnson in behind our defence? Once, and that wasn't him using his pace, that was good build up. (Move for the penalty)

Morrison was simply getting match fitness with you, and he will be in the team in future seasons if he isn't sold on, that is for sure. And he will feature this season, but there isn't many better defensive partnerships than Greer and Scott Cuthbert in this league.

Of course I was at the game.

index.php

7000+ Swindon fans stood throughout. ****ing superb.

Where were you sat?

What you make of the match?

You can't spell Swindon without 'win'.

Doesn't stop them being a bunch of ****s though and I believe I was rejected for a very nice job at a top US bank because one of the people that interviewed me was a Swindon fan. He started talking about Rory Fallon after meeting me in reception and told me he supported Swindon. I should have ***ing knacked the **** in the lift rather than sitting through five hours of interviews because it was obvious he had it in for me.

Last edited:
But he's due to go back in January too! This is bad news if true, he's been excellent recently and developed a good partnership with Barrett. Saw him in his little car on the way back from training earlier, looked like he was giving one of the youth a lift. Never seen a footballer with such a crap car.

Scott Forbes drove a Citroen Saxo.

Greer was out strengthed by Zamora for the goal, yes. But that is a credit too Zamora's strength as Greer is no lightweight.

Greer fouled Zamora first outside and then inside the box before being shrugged off by Zamora's skill and strength to score.

Conceding 1 goal against an Zamora-Johnson partnership with Premiership quality service is not bad at all.

But it wasn't a Premiership midfield at all.The only recognised, regular first team player in Fulham's midfield was Dempsey and he had an off day.All the Fulham fans around me -in the Johnny Haynes stand one row above the pressbox on the halfwayline- were rightly complaining about this.

<Morrison was simply getting match fitness with you, and he will be in the team in future seasons if he isn't sold on, that is for sure. And he will feature this season, < That was my original point,IIRC.

What you make of the match?

I thought your travelling support was excellent.I also thought that in terms of possesion you deserved a replay.The reason you didn't get it was despite some impressive overlapping you couldn't make an impression on Fulham's central defensive partnership of Hughes and Smalling who were outstanding, especially the youngster.

Yeah, Smalling was a class above. Looks like he'll be one hell of an player.

Was a shame Charlie Austin wasn't playing, as you said we got into good positions but didn't threaten the Fulham 'keeper enough.

Was great being part of a support like that, non stop singing all game. Quality.

I wonder if the Fulham support is always that quiet? I know a game against Swindon is hardly their biggest tie of the season, but there was enough Fulham fans too at least make a bit of noise. There wasn't anything, was laughable really and the chants of 'your support is ****ing ****' from our end summed it up.

Douglas was outstanding I thought, the lad in the middle for us. Great player.

Douglas was outstanding I thought, the lad in the middle for us. Great player.

And may very well have been a Shrimper if that ginger mug Bailey had done the decent thing and left at the start of the 2008 close season & not after 08/09 had begun.

Doesn't stop them being a bunch of ****s though and I believe I was rejected for a very nice job at a top US bank because one of the people that interviewed me was a Swindon fan. He started talking about Rory Fallon after meeting me in reception and told me he supported Swindon.
Of course.

<I wonder if the Fulham support is always that quiet?<

The last Fulham game I was at this season was back in September against Everton, the same weekend that Southend played Leeds.No, is the short answer.But with tickets at 15 quid rather than the usual 40/50 there were a lot of floaters there.

<I know a game against Swindon is hardly their biggest tie of the season, but there was enough Fulham fans too at least make a bit of noise. There wasn't anything, was laughable really and the chants of 'your support is ****ing ****' from our end summed it up.<

Agreed.In terms of noise.

<Douglas was outstanding I thought, the lad in the middle for us. Great player.<

Number 4 right? Yeah, he caught my eye.

Back