• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most embarrsasing moment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 12 2006,14:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Dec. 12 2006,14:11)](think i was only 14 or 15 at the time so it hurt).
what you going on about.. this was 3 months ago  
wink.gif
CSJ Your wit is truely 1st class.
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Dec. 12 2006,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 12 2006,14:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Dec. 12 2006,14:11)](think i was only 14 or 15 at the time so it hurt).
what you going on about.. this was 3 months ago
wink.gif
CSJ Your wit is truely 1st class.
upside.gif
as is your's..
oops.gif

Was leaving the bar at Chelmsford in pre-season after a fair few drinkies and one side is glass panels all the way down. For some reason, I had convinced myself one of them was an open door, and thinking I had discovered a clever short cut, decided to walk straight into it head first in front of a packed pub of Shrimpers.

What a tit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Dec. 12 2006,14:26)]Was leaving the bar at Chelmsford in pre-season after a fair few drinkies and one side is glass panels all the way down. For some reason, I had convinced myself one of them was an open door, and thinking I had discovered a clever short cut, decided to walk straight into it head first in front of a packed pub of Shrimpers.

What a tit.
i think i remember that..
laugh.gif

Sitting with those chavvy Orient scum when we scored one of our many, many own goals against them. The shame.

Waving my credit card too enthusiastically at Notts county away back in the 80's, only to let go and watch it fly into their seats.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (callan @ Dec. 12 2006,15:25)]Waving my credit card too enthusiastically at Notts county away back in the 80's, only to let go and watch it fly into their seats.
Wasnt a 6-2 defeat was it....???

I seem to recall this for some reason.

DtS
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 12 2006,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,13:30)]Your spelling in the thread title must be a front-runner for you?
here we go again..

think your a cut above the rest eh? arrogant.. so and so
At least I can spell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,19:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 12 2006,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,13:30)]Your spelling in the thread title must be a front-runner for you?
here we go again..

think your a cut above the rest eh? arrogant.. so and so
At least I can spell.
Find a new record, for Christs sake...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Dec. 12 2006,11:25)]Nothing springs to mind for me but both GNH and McNasty have had some interesting adventures in the South Upper....
Indeed, I suffered humiliation a few seasons back when a shot flew over the bar, into the south upper and down the stairs behind the goal. Now with it being in my general location, and me being on the end of the row I thought i'd do the decent thing and retrieve the ball. On throwing the ball back to the keeper it hit the beam in the roof rebounded backwards and went back down the same stairs it had just come from  
down.gif

My humiliation lasted until my moment of redemption at Notts County when a fizzing shot went just wide of our goal and was met by my forehead in the second row of the stand. I got so much power on it that it flew upwards and hit the roof on the away end, which is a no mean feat.

I will let Mr Mcnasty enlighten you with his story, which stars an exited fan, a set of false teeth and a rather bemused young boy  
rock.gif

Here we go. Intimidation of new posters. Is this really such a clique that those with an agenda contrary to the collective are dismissed so easily?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,19:32)]Here we go. Intimidation of new posters. Is this really such a clique that those with an agenda contrary to the collective are dismissed so easily?
Not at all, neither am i a part of any "clique". I was just getting increasingly bored of, instead of seeing a post that was relevant to the topic, seeing a post on someones bad grammar or spelling.

Its a messageboard, not an english test.

Wasnt a 6-2 defeat was it....???

I seem to recall this for some reason.

No wasnt 6-2....think a 1-1 draw....but after the indignity of losing said credit card might as well have been.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 12 2006,10:33)]Mine came on Saturday.I have sat in the front row of the South Upper pretty much since the stand was built. I have never had any hint of what was about to come on Saturday vs the Saints.

It was the 2nd half - We were on another dangerous attack. Freddy some how managed to square to to Bradbury who cut it back from the bi-line leaving the defender on his arse.

All that was left now was the fairly simple job of putting it past the keeper. I like the rest of the south upper started to stand up in ancitipation of a goal. As Bradbury pulled back his foot to smack the ball home I felt certain in would be a goal.

Sadly however Bradders skied his shot and the ball was heading right for me. No problem I thought I had plenty of time to react. As Dad of DtS will confirm back in my playing days I could head the ball with the best of them so I decided to head the ball back onto the pitch.

I had headed the ball back once at Macclesfield away after a wayward Bombhead shot and it had given all around me a cheer altough I did have a lot of "think brau" in me at that stage.

The milli-seconds as the ball flew towards me seem to take forever. I had a perfect angle as the ball came closer and closer. I lined up my forehead perfectly for the header of my life.................Then................

The bloke infront of me stuck out a finger tip, it diverted the course of the ball - Not much but just enough to divert the ball from my prime forehead onto the side of my face making a massive slapping sound on impact.

Everyone for 20 seats round me burst out into laughter. Even Dad of DtS the one person I can rely on in a crisis was chuckling. My face has now been sore for two days and it slightly hurts to eat from the left side of my mouth.

Can anyone beat this ultimate humiliation.

sad.gif
Gotta say Dave, you took the header well and got more power into it than Billy Paynter would have.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yay, first topic i've read all the way through for a while, great post all made me chuckle, top stuff!!!

The only thing i can think of along the same lines was my mum ( not a regular at southend games but agreed to take me to Play-offs) go overwelmed by the whole Southend going up experience ( as did we all i believe ) she forgot the chair folds back in when you take weight back of it, so started jumping about on the chairs and ended up on her *** 2 rows back
biggrin.gif
made the day fun and funny.

Back