• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most Missed Away Trip

Rushden & Diamonds ~ memories of that pre-match ****-up / knees-up in the British Arms in Irthlingborough will stay me forever!

Macclesfield Town ~ even though the games tended to be crap, the day out was always fun. One time we went up on the STC mini-bus and took over a small country pub just a few miles down the road; the landlord's profits went through the roof! Another time we all met up in that boozer near the railway station and Scriv decided to consume as much alcohol as possible and very nearly didn't get into the ground. There was also the time when 'Snow White' got pulled out by the police and I have a picture of the 'Seven Dwarfs' pleading for 'her' release!

There are loads ...

There was also the time when 'Snow White' got pulled out by the police and I have a picture of the 'Seven Dwarfs' pleading for 'her' release!

There are loads ...

I remember it well, "Snow White" was stood in the corner handcuffed to a copper as we were all singing stuff like "Free the Snow White One!" "Sexual harassment" and "Snow White is innocent".

My favourite ever away trip. Absolutely brilliant day out. Haven't a clue what the score was, mind!

After we left you lot and headed back t'other side of Pennines, our minibus ran out of petrol. So out piled - in full costume - seven dwarves (minus Snow White, who was still being detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure) plus two batmans to push the minibus to the petrol station which was about 500 yards away. Quite what the passing motorists made of it, i don't know.

Chesterfield (a) in the FA Cup ~ another ShrimperZone mini-bus, another excellent country pub, loads of Santa hats and indoor fireworks on the terraces, conga down the front of the aisle when Bramble scored ...

Kidderminster - mmm.... cottage pie..... mmmmm..... Aggie broth
Not sure what more you want from an away game - 3 points, lots of beer, stop off and visit some mates on the way back in brummie land for a balti and a night out in Brum afterwards

There are so many but have to agree about Kiddie. Only ground I've seen where they have there own chef serving food from a kitchen by the corner flag. Also Northampton, legging it off the coach and jogging to two pubs in a nearby village and, of course, Hartlepool last season. Covered in snow, evening game, Newcastle called off, nice drink and chat with the locals in their club bar and 3 points. Magic.

All this beating Man United, Sunderland, Southampton stuff is getting boring now isnt it. As we are clearly staying up this season I was wondering what trips you lot were missing going on.

I really miss Macclesfield away. Always a top day out in my book. Loads of ok pubs within a decent walk of the station, pleasant place, good food and never any problems with locals.

Had a top day up there once with Seb Weetabix and the late Bob Evans all in fancy dress and another time Smiffy and I got offered 8 top of the range phones for £300 from a bloke in a stolen car. :D

You dont get days like that anymore.

DtS

Haha remember that well Dave...

Macclesfield will go down in history as one of the greatest away trips ever, every time I have been I've had such a laugh.

Just to add to Dave's story about the mobile phones, I also remember strolling out of Macc stn one year to be greeted by a group of 8-9 year olds, one steps up to me and asks for a fag, I politley told him he wasnt old enough, and to run along...he replied " Foook off you cooont " and actually wanted to fight me, much to the amusement of the lads in tow!..

Another year a good friend of mine decided to balance himself on the railings at the front of the terrace, now after 15 pints it wasnt such a good idea and he ended up doing a summasault onto the pitch much to the amusement of the 200 or so on the terrace that day!!.

Great times.

Already been mentioned but Macclesfield away with the arrest of Snow White will live with me forever the funniest thing I have ever seen at a football ground.And Kidderminster deserves the football food equivalent of a michelin star.

Well , I will miss Barnsley next season .

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

Back