• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moving "back" to Southend

MK Shrimper

Striker
Due to the fact that my life seems to be going down the plug hole rather rapidly, I'm wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure of how much a flat would be to rent (in a decent area of course) around the Essex riveria.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 06 2006,11:40)]about 400 to 600 a month
400?! Send your estate agent my way!

When I was looking to move back (and you did say a decent area) then Leigh you are looking at 600 minimum. I'd say around 650-700, but of course it totally depends on the amount of bedrooms/area etc you want to live in.

£650 a month should be enough for a decent one-bed.

To cheer yourself up, just imagine it...it's Saturday night in Southend and you're drunk in Reflex. It's 1.50am and a lady of advancing years and experience approaches you. After a quick dance-off she tells you that she's interested in continuing the evening...but that you can't go back to hers as her "three teenage boys are in getting stoned and playing X-Box" and more poignantly...."they'll beat the sh!t out of you if I bring you back with me."

A problem to you?
rock.gif
 HELL NO!!! You think to yourself "get in that cab little lady and let's go and rock my one-bedroom flat in Westcliff!" She's dressed up with a decent sized cleavage and short skirt and besides at her age she must know a few tricks. You're in for a real treat...

You get back to yours and retire skillfully to the bedroon having first put on your your ex-bird's Coldplay album and checked the old fella out in the bog. He's with you all the way on this one. You head for the bed and the clothes peel off....but hang on what's this? The swollen and stretch marked belly has appeared...just as the spaniel's ears have been released from the Matalan bra which had manfully struggled to contain them for the evening. A moment of clarity begins to build in your head but it's at this shocking moment that she starts talking what can only be described as council filth to you.

The sight of an old woman who tastes of ashtrays, lying paralletic and asking for it "up the Gary" as the luminous blue drinks you've been drinking start to wear off will have you pondering the beauty of a Milton Keynes roundabout in no time. You'll be back there by Tuesday.
blues.gif

You know how to cheer a fella up.....
sad.gif

I reckon a thrashing tomorrow will just about push me over the edge and I'll be down to Leytonstone, with a concrete cow to shove where the sun doesn't shine Mr Stokes.

Sorry mate, just sharing the experience of errr...a mate of mine. If you are on the wrong end of a dodgy break up I've always found Southend to be an excellent place to return to. You can lick your wounds have a few laughs at football and then meet some thick women in Yates/Churchills/Reflex or that dump opposite Keddies (if things are REALLY REALLY bad.)

There's nothing that can't be gotten over with a few weeks of that and a spot of home.
smile.gif
Chin up fella.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Nov. 06 2006,12:39)]You know how to cheer a fella up.....
sad.gif

I reckon a thrashing tomorrow will just about push me over the edge and I'll be down to Leytonstone, with a concrete cow to shove where the sun doesn't shine Mr Stokes.
Are you...coming on to me?
love.gif

I moved back to Southend from Reading just over a year ago.

For a decent one bed flat in a reasonable area, you'll need at least £550 a month, more for snooty places such as Leigh.

£400 a month is likely to get you a former crack den, with Prossies as neighbours!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ Nov. 06 2006,13:12)]£400 a month is likely to get you a former crack den, with Prossies as neighbours!!
So Sarfend's not all bad, then
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ Nov. 06 2006,13:12)]I moved back to Southend from Reading just over a year ago.

For a decent one bed flat in a reasonable area, you'll need at least £550 a month, more for snooty places such as Leigh.

£400 a month is likely to get you a former crack den, with Prossies as neighbours!!
£550 is not so bad. Cheers guys, you never know, it may not come to this.  
suspect.gif

Back