• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Murray could line up for Blues at Wakering

Evening Echo

The News
FORMER Notts County striker Ronan Murray could line up for Southend United at Great Wakering Rovers this afternoon.

More...

22 goals in 53 starts is not a bad return. Represented Ireland at youth level too. Could be worth a look given how short we are on strikers.

22 goals in 53 starts is not a bad return. Represented Ireland at youth level too. Could be worth a look given how short we are on strikers.

It would be but several of those goals were scored in some of his 76 substitute appearances, including one at Roots Hall.

Please mr Brown don't just sit on your hands and let this guy walk away .You did this once before when the player from Braintree came in to see how he would fit in .And col u took a punt .As it turned out he finished back in the conference .But from what ive heard and read this murray may be a goal pocher .Surly if you give one player a months contract Murray must be worth the same deal . But then I wasn't there today so what do I know

Please mr Brown don't just sit on your hands and let this guy walk away .You did this once before when the player from Braintree came in to see how he would fit in .And col u took a punt .As it turned out he finished back in the conference .But from what ive heard and read this murray may be a goal pocher .Surly if you give one player a months contract Murray must be worth the same deal . But then I wasn't there today so what do I know

His goal scoring record does not suggest he is good enough in the league. All due respect it sounded like wakering were poor today and scoring against them does not warrant a contract.

By all means lets seem more of him against canvey and Braintree and go from there. I might work it might not , but we should not jump the gun after a performance against a team in a very low league.

It would be but several of those goals were scored in some of his 76 substitute appearances, including one at Roots Hall.

Is that a good or a bad thing Mick?

The one at Roots Hall was definitely a "bad thing" as it put us out of the JPT !

Other than that about what you'd expect. A player who can come on and score against tiring defences is always useful. Overall his goals per game record is decent, albeit predominantly in League Two.

Tommy 2 holes You didn't read what I said who said anything about a contract .I said could he not be offered a one month contract as nile Ranger has been offered to keep him keen .If it doesn't work out like Ranger Brown can say on yer bike .But as he is looking for a club surly A one month deal can help us and him .

Tommy 2 holes You didn't read what I said who said anything about a contract .I said could he not be offered a one month contract as nile Ranger has been offered to keep him keen .If it doesn't work out like Ranger Brown can say on yer bike .But as he is looking for a club surly A one month deal can help us and him .

Possibly but im assuming that most players will want more than a one month deal. Plus if he stays a month and doesn't get picked up it leaves him looking for a club after pre season which is a lot harder.

Obviously pleased he has played well according to reports but personally think it's madness for anyone to make judgement on whether he should be signed based on a game against GW. Let's wait and hope PB makes the right call.

Definitely played to impress today - and did so. Can't ask much more than two good goals.

Possibly but im assuming that most players will want more than a one month deal. Plus if he stays a month and doesn't get picked up it leaves him looking for a club after pre season which is a lot harder.

This is a critical time to get sorted- he can't afford to lose a month with us and it go nowhere..he will probably get a deal at a L2 club and today won't do any harm- may have been a scout or two.

Nile isn't on a month deal as such. What he has is I think a contract with all sorts of breaks in it.
- at the end of the month we have an option to cancel the contract at will (now if he does everything right as we expect we won't do that and why would we)
- I suspect then we have a contract with him for a year with an option of a second where we have a few more get out clauses than normal that our behaviour and attendance related.
I get the distinct impression he has signed something.

I think the logic is we didn't want a month trial- if he turns up gets fit and plays to his potential we would run the risk of others coming in for him and we would not be able to compete on wages. So I think we have found an arrangement that suits both parties.

This is a critical time to get sorted- he can't afford to lose a month with us and it go nowhere..he will probably get a deal at a L2 club and today won't do any harm- may have been a scout or two.

Nile isn't on a month deal as such. What he has is I think a contract with all sorts of breaks in it.
- at the end of the month we have an option to cancel the contract at will (now if he does everything right as we expect we won't do that and why would we)
- I suspect then we have a contract with him for a year with an option of a second where we have a few more get out clauses than normal that our behaviour and attendance related.
I get the distinct impression he has signed something.

I think the logic is we didn't want a month trial- if he turns up gets fit and plays to his potential we would run the risk of others coming in for him and we would not be able to compete on wages. So I think we have found an arrangement that suits both parties.

Good assessment and my take on it too.

Rohan Ricketts almost managed it! Almost!

Rohan got a hat trick against Wakering and then got a contract offered for less than what he was offered before kick off.
Good lad, but unsure whether he is still good enough.

He's back over here actually looking for a L2/Conference contract this coming season. Think he will do well to find himself a club in all honesty - not that I'd ever tell him that

Back