• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My team for saturday .....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Darryl Flahaven

Hunt Clarke Barratt Hammell

Macca Bailey Maher Gower

Hooper Walker

Black Scannell Francis Richards Moussa

gone for a recall for Mr Maher as I m unconvinced by Black on Francis on the right - and I think the only real problem with the other 3 playing together is a leadership issue that might have resolved itself .....

(bet Sir Steve sticks with Francis out wide)

wouldn't it be great if yoiung Gary got a couple -

Darryl Flahaven

Macca Bailey Maher Gower

Hooper Walker

gone for a recall for Mr Maher as I m unconvinced by Black on Francis on the right - and I think the only real problem with the other 3 playing together is a leadership issue that might have resolved itself .....

(bet Sir Steve sticks with Francis out wide)

wouldn't it be great if yoiung Gary got a couple -

I mostly agree with your lineup (though as you like him so much you really should learn to spell Darryl's name) however I feel that we should play Macca and Bailey in the middle of the park as they have looked the most effective partnership this season. I'm not totally convinced about Francis on the wing either but he seems to bring out the best in Hunt as he gives Lewis a licence to come forward a bit more.

For me it would be,

Collis

Hammell
Barrett
Clarke
Hunt

Black
McCormack
Bailey
Francis

Hooper
Walker

I would drop Gower for his p!ss poor performance in the last game and hopefully wake him up to the fact he isn't guaranteed a first team place.

I mostly agree with your lineup (though as you like him so much you really should learn to spell Darryl's name) however I feel that we should play Macca and Bailey in the middle of the park as they have looked the most effective partnership this season. I'm not totally convinced about Francis on the wing either but he seems to bring out the best in Hunt as he gives Lewis a licence to come forward a bit more.

I mostly agree with your team, Macca and Bailey in the center looks like the real deal for us, id go for:

Flahavan

Hunt Clarke Barrett Hammell

Scannell Macca Bailey Gower

Walker Hooper

Id say give Scannell a league start, looked good when he came on against Yeovil, just now needs games under his belt and what better way to get that than starting.

I mostly agree with your team, Macca and Bailey in the center looks like the real deal for us, id go for:

Flahavan

Scannell Macca Bailey Gower

Walker Hooper

Id say give Scannell a league start, looked good when he came on against Yeovil, just now needs games under his belt and what better way to get that than starting.

Too early for Scannell and Francis did well enough against Yeovil and allowed us to look more balanced than having 3 central midfielders.

Flahavan

Francis Macca Bailey Gower

Walker Hooper

It's almost too depressing to put one down, but if I was manager of Southend - some of us have rather mediocre dreams dont we - then it would be as follows.....

Flahavan

Hunt
Clarke
Liptak
Hammell

Black
McCormack
Bailey
Gower

Walker
New Striker?

Bench... Barrett, Scammell, Maher, Hooper, Colls

I dont think it is depressing now, the only problem I had was upfront and at least we have Walker now.

Too early for Scannell and Francis did well enough against Yeovil and allowed us to look more balanced than having 3 central midfielders.

Flahavan

Francis Macca Bailey Gower

Walker Hooper

Yep, I'd go along with you and the others who've posted this team. Hunt and Francis seem to have a pretty good understanding down the right, and I don't think Scannell's ready for a start just yet besides Hunt might be less confident and therefore more prone to error without Francis there. By all means bring him on as a sub again but let's give him the chance to get used to League 1 football before throwing him in at the deep end.

Darryl Flahaven

Macca Bailey Maher Gower

Hooper Walker

macca and bailey in middle, gower out wide and would like to see scannel there aswell. maher is to negative, goes back or sideways, doesnt like going forword. agree with rest of team though

I dont think it is depressing now, the only problem I had was upfront and at least we have Walker now.

Well I wouldnt say the only problem we have is up front...

We can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money, hence my inclusion of Liptak as just to try something different, and whilst we do now have Walker, we don;t have anyone else to play alongside him, so if anything, even more depressing than last Saturday - at least we had 2 fit forwards for around 20 minutes of the game!!

flavs
hunt-clarke-barrett-hammell
francis-macca-bailey-black
hooper-walker

subs-collis-scannell-richards-maher-gower

i dont want macca playing on the right, he is a central midfielder, thats where he is best so why change his position, he plays in the centre anyway when he is meant to be on the right.
flavs in goal, the last thing we want to do is to keep changing keepers.
to early for scannell to start, black in for gower, gowers crossing was awful against yeovil.

Collis

Francis Clarke Barrett Hammell

Bailey Macca Moussa Black

Hooper Walker

leeblue said:
Collis
Hunt Barrett Richards Hammell
Francis Bailey Maccca Gower
Hooper Walker
That would also be my choice.

Just one other thing, the amount of people who seem to think that Hunt's "sudden upturn in form" is down to Francis playing in front of him. It just makes me laugh. Hunt has been playing to that standard for most of the season, and yet most people on here just couldn't see it

Collis

Hunt
Clarke
Barrett
Hammell

Gower
McCormack
Bailey
Hooper

Walker
Francis

Bench... Richards, Scammell, Maher,Moussa , Flavs