• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My thoughts on the game.

You'll lose supporters who will not want to take the family somewhere that their safety is compromised,i certainly would not have taken my little boy today.Segregation has to be adhered to for people to enjoy their day.The club should issue warnings that fans in the wrong end will be ejected.

Totally agree, the atmosphere in the West was like a tinderbox..I felt sorry for the Family Enclosure.:(

There weren't many spammers where I was but when one of our legends came out at half time, can't remember which one but he was walking with a stick and had obviously made a tremendous effort to get the the Hall and be part of the celebrations, some loudmouth Hamster decided it would be funny to shout out "look at 'im, he'd probably get a game in the second 'arf!*"

* Translated into understandable English

Yes I saw Peggy last season for the youth team look's a good prospect.

Why is it I always think of a Barmaid when I think of that name:confused:

*I need to get out more*
did she have a wooden leg

the west ham fans managed to do what we needed to do with them, intimidate the fans with songs and words, when players went off only around ten people in the west stand between s and v had the guts to stand up and clap them and the same went when the awful chant 'stand up if you love southend' first i was angry at our supporters for seemingly giving up to west ham fans and keeping their heads down but looking around i realised why they had backed down, most were families and were probably scared to death of there being a big fight. personally without the same worrys as them i felt obliged to stand up for my club and give my full support as i always try to (which is why i lost my voice in the second half:() without getting into a fight or childish abuse i just wanted our fans to show them that we are our own club and are capable of a great support but unfortunatly the club let us down by allowing blatant west ham fans into our stadium to kill the atmosphere. hats off to those who stood up for southend today.

Fan fiascos aside...

Was really impressed with Black looked lively and keen to get the ball across. Im a big fan of JCR but on this display Id want to see more of Black to be honest.

Paynter was managing to lay the ball of etc and gave a decent contribution without really looking to threaten. What fans we did have were jumping on his back the first mistake he made.

Harrold didnt seem to make much of an impact, and Hooper even less so.

Macdonald thought did pretty well, some of the runs he was making across the pitch were superb and against League One defences and if we can play the ball to him he could do well.

Biggest disappointment for me was Bailey, in the first half he was truly woeful. I was expecting a lot from him but if that was Barnets player of the year the other 10 must have been REALLY bad. Not writing him off though as its early days but he needs to do far better than he did today, everything he did went wrong.

How did they make a major error? They sold 9,500 tickets, most of which were £20 each - that sounds like a major success to me ...

A major success. It has showed that football fans in South East Essex are willing to pay £20 to see a game. Start saving for next season.

How did they make a major error? They sold 9,500 tickets, most of which were £20 each - that sounds like a major success to me ...

Because they let Wet Spam fans in the stand IN their COLOURS which resulted in them giving us abuse and chanting (which we wasnt having)

I was in the ticket office saturday morning and west ham fans in their colours arrived and asked for tickets in the north (which the ticket office staff obviously said "sorry sold out") so they said have you got anything else to which they said yeah sure we have west and south lower!

I then said to my gf today is going to be a joke, and it was just that!

Joke!

Back