• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
so.. after reading several accounts of people's individual (and group) trips to swansea.. i felt that a tale should be wrote about what i remember...

the morning started on the 7:46 from southend vic with 24 can's of fosters and some strange german beer that looks like it should have been drunk out of a brown bag..

right no problems getting to paddington.. run out of beer so had to stock up in the threshers..

met the one and only KtF and he made the train by 5 mins.. (took an hour to get across london)

so,  lot's of beer+bottles of whisker+ no food= an extremely messy trip..

can't really remember much about the london to swansea leg, needless to say lot's of blues on there.. and several songs breaking out everytime i got up to go to the toilet..

got to swansea, bloke taps me on the shoulder and asks

"are you a stupid english prik or what"

well.. took me a few seconds to work out, and i thought

"hang on, if i answer no, he'll no i've got an english accent"

luckily by the time i worked this out, Mr Spooner and 50 or so fellow officers were gracing the station with their presence..
so made it to the first bar, where we decided to get a few more double Jd's and coke  
suspect.gif

got a coach to the ground where i bumped into several people (literally) and thanks to Abyerswynth shrimper for ticket and Hawkwell blue.. greatly appreciated

thought i should have a beer, but wisely thought a pint of water would be better and a burger (hoorah food  
upside.gif
 )
can't remember much of the game.. only important bits
Then once the results came in lot's of hugging and kissing of men entailed
oops.gif

afterwards, danced round in the car park (with dave the shrimper apparently) and boarded the coach to the station where we stocked up on more whiskey and beer  
Oo.gif

train ride is a blur, but the conga entailed and for some reason, there was a competition to see who could fit in the luggage rack.. needless to say if you know me i wouldn't of done it anyway, so i ducked out..

rocked the platforms at paddington and boarded the tubes to  Libpool Street, few beers in the hamilton hall and mcdonalds on the ride home and sleep.. got in just after 12:30

bloody pleased

You were completely plastered mate, you was seeing 44 players on the pitch I think!...

More of the same on Sat!!..

Bring on the champers...

smile.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 02 2006,09:37)]You were completely plastered mate, you was seeing 44 players on the pitch I think!...

More of the same on Sat!!..

Bring on the champers...

smile.gif
wink.gif
i sobered in the game quite a bit which im pleased about.. Keep the Faith was on one as well
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcis4life_notjust4cardiff @ May 02 2006,10:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] rocked the platforms at paddington and boarded the tubes to  Libpool Street

On the underground at one point, we even sang "there's only one CS J"  
tounge.gif
yep.. i certainly remember that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 02 2006,11:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcis4life_notjust4cardiff @ May 02 2006,10:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] rocked the platforms at paddington and boarded the tubes to  Libpool Street

On the underground at one point, we even sang "there's only one CS J"  
tounge.gif
yep.. i certainly remember that
Only one?

Look at the size of him...

It's at least two CSJ's....

laugh.gif

Back