• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League Meeting | 13/07/2023

We will not being getting kicked out the league today. Confirmed.
I don't think many of us have suggested that at all. Most are saying we will get a stay of execution and i don't know how you can say "Confirmed" when the meeting hasn't even taken place yet.

Last edited:
As we know RM always finds a way of “somehow” meeting deadlines and if a deadline is set then maybe he will pull something out his arse.

As we all know RM is cash poor, asset rich. People don’t continue to loan you millions upon millions with no assets to show for it!
He doesn't though .... he just has a way of pushing the deadlines back.

I don't think many of us have suggested that at all. Most are saying we will get a stay of execution and i don't know how you can say "Confirmed" when the meeting hasn't even taken place yet.

The same way I knew yesterday before the meeting we will get a 42 adjournment. People don’t go into these things blindly, conversations are had in advance.

We will get some time to sort it out.

What none of us know is will this be enough.

Is it safe for players to play competitive games without adequate preparation? Surely the best interests of the players will play a very large part in the outcome of any discussions. Is there time and money available to get Roots Hall through the safety checks in time to start the season?

The league will certainly be able to be flexible if they choose to do so but there are any number of non negotiables that will have to be in place very soon. The safety certificate, medical cover, insurance, a water supply and so much more. I expect the league will need to see these things sorted very quickly and will not accept anyone’s word that they will all be in place before the first game.

The core issue here is that we currently have a conditional licence to compete in the NL. There are 3 conditions that I know of attached to the licence in order for us to be able to keep it:

1. Accounts up to a certain date published.
  2. Football creditor debts accumulated in the previous season paid off - including but not limited to employee wages.
  3. Any HMRC carrying over from the previous season must be paid off - HMRC debt cannot be carried across two licences.
There could be more, and I'm not sure whether these conditions are standard or somewhat unique to us. Either way, number 1 is sorted. It's numbers 2 and 3 that are the problem.

The NL are giving us as long as possible but as things stand, we are in violation of the regulations around licencing. They do not want us to be in violation of those regulations once the season kicks off because it brings into doubt our ability to complete fixtures and finish the season. As @BoyWonder2 astutely says, if the league have to pull our licence after we've completed a handful of fixtures and they have to expunge those results, it opens up a whole can of worms with regards to sporting integrity. They want to avoid that.

In short, ignore the 42 days. I'm not sure it's going to matter. I think the NL should (and hopefully will) give us 14-21 days to complete a sale, pay the HMRC debt and pay all football creditors - and therefore demonstrate that we can start and finish next season. I can't see them letting us kick off in our current state.

In addition, I'd like to see the NL go public with their deadline. It will leave everybody, including RM, in no uncertain terms about the expectations and will really put the squeeze on.

Last edited:
The core issue here is that we currently have a conditional licence to compete in the NL. There are 3 conditions that I know of attached to the licence in order for us to be able to keep it:

1. Accounts up to a certain date published.
  2. Football creditor debts accumulated in the previous season paid off.
  3. Any HMRC carrying over from the previous season must be paid off - HMRC debt cannot be carried across two licences.
There could be more, and I'm not sure whether these conditions are standard or somewhat unique to us. Either way, number 1 is sorted. It's numbers 2 and 3 that are the problem.

The NL are giving us as long as possible but as things stand, we are in violation of the regulations around licencing. They do not want us to be in violation of those regulations once the season kicks off because it brings into doubt our ability to complete fixtures and finish the season. As @BoyWonder2 astutely says, if the league have to pull our licence after we've completed a handful of fixtures and they have to expunge those results, it opens up a whole can of worms with regards to sporting integrity. They want to avoid that.

In short, ignore the 42 days. I'm not sure it's going to matter. I think the NL should (and hopefully will) give us 14-21 days to complete a sale, pay the HMRC debt and pay all football creditors - and therefore demonstrate that we can start and finish next season. I can't see them letting us kick off in our current state.

In addition, I'd like to see the NL go public with their deadline. It will leave everybody, including RM, in no uncertain terms about the expectations and will really put the squeeze on.
Wasn't all football club staff paid up to date one of them @Medway Blue ? or is that included in point 2?

Good write up and yes missed that one in yesterdays fog. Having a drink with boys yesterday the general consensus was even before that announcement that we’d get given an extension to the end of July. However, having now read what Ronald wants from this deal even if he does pay off HMRC, unless the purchase includes the complete removal of Ronald and total ownership of the ground it’s hard to see how anyone will complete on it.

I feel it will be a short extension as mentioned. Normally I would feel R*n would meet it but I don't feel confident he will this time, with all the lies he has spouted.
I am really really concerned we are going to be chucked out of the league :(

From looking at the NL rules (Well skimming them) any sort of financial issues etc seem to have a final date of 31st July (or the next working day after) for things to be sorted. So I'm thinking we may have until then to at least get football creditors paid, including staff salaries. They also may insist on payment of a bond, so that could need to be factored in aswell.

Either way, that is a hell of a lot of money and needs to be found very quickly. But from whom?

From looking at the NL rules (Well skimming them) any sort of financial issues etc seem to have a final date of 31st July (or the next working day after) for things to be sorted. So I'm thinking we may have until then to at least get football creditors paid, including staff salaries. They also may insist on payment of a bond, so that could need to be factored in also.

Either way, that is a hell of a lot of money and needs to be found very quickly. But from whom?
I asked about the bond on the call on Monday. Mark Ives said its very much an option open to them, but it's not yet one that has been discussed. That could easily change though!

It doesn't matter to Ron. He doesn't care what league we are in or if we have points deducted or play under restrictions. He happily self relegated us many times. He's too delusional to understand that it will effect the interest of buyers and value. His lost the basic grasp that a football club is there to play football. He just sees this as a business transaction.

Back