• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League...things to know

NL will not be as easy as some think.
It is very physical in that league and some of our players (if staying) will have to toughen up and it will be a fight for a survival.
I do think though with good planning and structure and with a cohesive squad it is doable

Tinks, I don't think anyone on here thinks it will be easy. That league is a nightmare to get out of. You can stay in it for years, as many good clubs have found out. A lot will depend on the budget as Phil Brown mentioned. We have just seen what happens when you get players in on the cheap, and release the higher earning, but better players. Quality, especially in the striker department, is crucial.

Apparently, Wealdstone have a tidy little ground and a good set up.
This is the one I am looking forward to. First match I saw was Wealdstone v Hendon probably 1962/3 season. My grandfather took me. The ground I went to is now a supermarket and the Club had a nomadic existence for some years. However, they now play in Ruislip.

One positive note..as Southend are one of the bigger clubs in the National League...expect to be on telly a few times next season.

On the positive side Luton, Orient, Lincoln, Colchester Bristol Rovers and probably others I can't think of have made it back relatively quickly. If we feel bad, imagine being a Notts County fan. They were playing against the greats in the old League One as recently as 1995, went down to the National League in 2018/9 and look as though they'll be down there for at least another season. :Sad:

Back