• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

its quite simple in terms of our away success...home teams will have a go at us thus giving us more space etc to hurt the opposition.....York just like most teams will come to roots hall and set out to sit nine men behind the ball and get a point.....hard to break down etc

I make you right, plus when we were playing 4-5-1 at home it had 0-0 written all over it. I'm hoping the 4-4-2 we're now playing, with the two new strikers, will see us push onto them more if they sit back.

I make you right, plus when we were playing 4-5-1 at home it had 0-0 written all over it. I'm hoping the 4-4-2 we're now playing, with the two new strikers, will see us push onto them more if they sit back.

Yes and yes again.

451 at home is an insult to the paying fan,strictly no need for it.

We moaned at the Luton match because of the dross, now is that positive or negative?
If the performance deserves criticism that's fine but at RH we have a lot of pathetic whining gits who start moaning as soon as they come through the gate.

On negative comments....everyone entitled to their own opinions....I have made a small fortune lately backing us to draw at home....that's not really a good thing.

its quite simple in terms of our away success...home teams will have a go at us thus giving us more space etc to hurt the opposition.....York just like most teams will come to roots hall and set out to sit nine men behind the ball and get a point.....hard to break down etc

Yes - the words Front Bus Goal Parked come to mind at times ......... still that is for us (S.U.F.C.) to get around (or over).

Hash tag: Scoremorewinmore

Perhaps we can get a TZ coach driver to sneak aboard and move their bus. :smile:

Hopefully Pigott, Worrall, Cassidy etcetera will all have their full P.C.V. licences for Saturday................. :happy:

Corr can spend the time getting a re-test. :facepalm:

Because if you'd have been on this site for longer you would know that a lot of its members like a moan. Some posters disappear during successful times and only re-appear to call for a manager's head, etc, etc.

Because if you'd have been on this site for longer you would know that a lot of its members like a moan. Some posters disappear during successful times and only re-appear to call for a manager's head, etc, etc.

Really?! Wiggy for example?

I'm always 100% behind my team, although I can't get to as many games as some on here. If I could go week in, week out, maybe I'd look at things differently. I can understand some of the frustration, I posted about "Deja vue" all over again, and it does seem like we are exactly in same position in general that we've been in for the last couple of seasons. Can sense that "close but no cigar" sentiment creeping in. I'm as desperate as the next fan to get out of this league, I make a big effort to see as many games as possible in a season, and would like to see us at Sheffield Utd, Coventry, Barnsley instead at "Daggers" where I'll be March 14th or at Accrington. I'll support the lads 100% until the end of the season, with the hope that we are going up more than the belief.

We have clearly not been playing as well as we liked, the lack of goals is testament to that.

However we used to score plenty of goals under Sturrock, and we had plenty of complaining when we were at the top of the table.

The reality is whatever we do there will be people unhappy, because the only situation where there wont be criticism is if we are top of the table, scoring 2 or 3 every game in the style of 1970's Brasil. Which will never happen in League Two.

We all have opinions and many fans (not just ours) carry opinions that they think will be the solution to any given issue, and because the manager doesn't do it their way he is clearly an idiot.

We had a massive discussion during Sturrocks tenure where many people said they would rather play better football and be mid table than play his brand at the top of the table.

What we all want without doubt is great flowing performances, but to win more often than not. Unfortunately that won't be happening anytime soon so some of our supporters will always find issue, you cant please all the people all of the time as they say.

Personally, Brown is doing a decent job, but its far from perfect. We are however in the promotion chase so whilst I may get frustrated at times Im not going to be grabbing my torch or pitchfork whilst the end result is as it is.

At present 2 of the teams above us were League One sides last year, one was the team who won the conference(who generally do well the next season) and the 3rd are the play off losers. To say we should be guaranteed to be above that lot by right is expecting a lot.

Personally I don't mind what people moan about on here, in certain cases I've been known to agree with them. I do however take a totally different view if they are vocal with their 'negatives' towards players during the match!
Keep behind the team with positive encouragement in whatever way you wish to (especially if a player makes an error) at least until the final whistle and drown out any that do the opposite. With just a couple of hundred seats left unsold tonight we will have an almost full stand at Stevenage - let them know it as we did at grounds like Pompy's. :clap:

We had a massive discussion during Sturrocks tenure where many people said they would rather play better football and be mid table than play his brand at the top of the table.

Yeah I will happily admit I came on here after a 3-0 home win over Shrewsbury in the Sturrock era and lambasted the team's performance despite it putting us top of the league. As you would expect I got absolutely slaughtered that night and not in the fun alcoholic way. I hated the brand of "football" we endured under Luggy and it killed a lot of my motivation to go and watch the team I love.

I prefer Sturrock as a person to our current manager but the football under Brown is much more watchable and I've got the bug back again.

I'll admit that I lost the faith a bit with Brown this season before heading to Oxford away as if you're going to game after game where you haven't got a prayer of scoring it does become a bit demoralising. But at the same time I knew we had the necleus of a good squad and a couple of decent signings could transform the side. Luckily that seems to be the case and I'm now expecting at least a playoff spot otherwise we will and should be looking for a new man in charge.

Back