• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't care if NH is fantastic at the training ground or in the community he is wonderful ambassador for the club,He is paid rather well for doing the business on the park and finding the net,He has failed through old age and injury.

Just in case he plays for Millwall again i think we should put a sell-on clause in.

I wish him well if he goes ... but I was looking forward to him being match fit, coming on with 15 minutes left and playing a role in getting 3 points on the board. It would be nice if he scored a few times but his overall vision and play is valuable - he knows how to make space and keep/control the ball. Basic stuff perhaps but seemingly remarkably difficult from some of the games I've watched last season. :thumbsup:

We've got a proven goalscorer here, who we have failed to get the most out of.

That's a bit harsh - he's way past his best. He's just here for a final payday and we were stupid enough to give him a 3yr contract.

He is a smashing MAN, and leads by example on how to conduct himself; and in considering the angles before making any statements. The dressing room and training will be poorer without him. I wish him well if he goes and I wish him a good season and injury free playing/scoring times if he stays.

Spot on, Neil is a top man. If he does go, I wish him every success, and hope that he may return to the Club in future years.

Last edited:
You never know. A bit of management experience as a number two & he might then come back as the boss.

We needed the Neil Harris 3 seasons ago, not the Neil Harris we have now, well past his sell by date, 3 yr deal on his money with the club the way it is was a joke!

We needed the Neil Harris 3 seasons ago, not the Neil Harris we have now, well past his sell by date, 3 yr deal on his money with the club the way it is was a joke!

Agree that 3 year deal was far too long for a player of his age - believe this was one that RM had direct influence over.

Oh come on. Search the archives. Fans LOVED it when we signed Harris.

He's had the knee op(which he probably needed when we signed him) I have seen him (stalked him) down the gym and he was really giving it some on the running machine,bike etc.A fit Neil Harris next season must be a positive.

He's had the knee op(which he probably needed when we signed him) I have seen him (stalked him) down the gym and he was really giving it some on the running machine,bike etc.A fit Neil Harris next season must be a positive.

Ah hockleyeast you must gym at DL?
Agree, say NH last week and he was running like Forrest Gump and looked like he was well on the way to being fitter than a fit thing. If this is so and he wants to play another season, believe Neil, Freddy & BBC could be the answer.

Back