• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:30)]Firestorm. Ignore the General, he's just a postie touting for work.
laugh.gif

Spoke to PTV today and the old club shop should now be taken offline today.

The new version with all the new stock will be launched shortly by Just Sports Pro and will appear on the Official Site soon.

Firstly i'll appolgise for the last post - it wasn't taken in the right context.

When i mean the shop is not part of the club, of course it is part of the club, but they no longer own it.

I hope this clears everything up.

I'm not going to post on here anymore, seeming i've caused upset to some people. I was just trying to be helpful to you all, and give you feedback on your problems.

The phones been set up, and hopefully working next week

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 05 2005,20:41)]I'm not going to post on here anymore, seeming i've caused upset to some people. I was just trying to be helpful to you all, and give you feedback on your problems.
Kepp posting, mate. Your feedback in most important to us fans ...

WS

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,19:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 05 2005,20:41)]I'm not going to post on here anymore, seeming i've caused upset to some people. I was just trying to be helpful to you all, and give you feedback on your problems.

WS

oops.gif
it's always good to get a view from the other side.

and it always gives us someone else to moan at
smile.gif

as long as your posts don't get you sacked.
wow.gif

No if i post again it will be under a different user name mate, as i do not wont my posts to reflect on the club,

soz

Have a good match tomorrow

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 05 2005,21:54)]scrivs seems to be the only1 from the club who seems to be able to use this forum and still be respected
Probably because he and I started the site ...

WS

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,19:59)]
[b said:

WS

oops.gif
I agree. If you only get 6 or so people strongly disagreeing, that really is a minority. You've got to bear in mind how many pages some of wiggy's topics have stirred up!

Still, might be the right choice posting under a name not affiliated with the club shop. Actually, there's nothing to affiliate you with the club shop, you could be a complete imposter so say whatever you like!!

biggrin.gif

To be recognised as being official staff of the club, you have to try and sneak in to as many publicity shots as you can and do obscene things with our precious playoff trophy with photographic evidence.

Not too specific that I hope.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 05 2005,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:30)]Personally I expect Mark Gower, Kevin Maher, Wayne Gray and the others whose form deserted them post LDV are to blame. If we had gone up automatically the work could have started a couple of weeks sooner!
Spot on, although I blame Colin Kazim-Richards missing an easy chance against Swansea in the last game.
In addition to CKR, we have to blame Matt. I'm not sure why but Matt mentioned his name so many times that I tend to think of them as the same person now.

You could always blame the dodgy Welsh FA for overturning both a red AND yellow card against Trundle.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 04 2005,10:58)]Do you order a shirt from Next , Burtons over the phone?

Why should you be able to from the club shop?

People get so stressed over the tiniest things. So you have to make a trip to Roots Hall to buy your shirt?!? It's not as if you weren't going to go anyway or arn't you going to any games this season?

This way the club force you in to the shop where you may well actually buy MORE merchandise. Clever marketting ploy if you ask me.
People should refrain from posting if they dont have the facts to hand, this post is an embarassment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2005,08:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Aug. 04 2005,10:36)]Now I know I often delude myself that my beloved team will run as a professional football team should be, and by now, I should realise that with Southend, that just isnt every going to be the case, and yet I still find myself getting extremely annoyed by there ramshackle approach to thing.

Chain of event yesterday:-

I ring the clubshop to order the new away shirt, I speak to the lady on the phone and I ask to be put through.  I get told thats not possible, because they havent got a phoneline.  I said you really are winding me up, but nope, no phoneline in the brand spanking new all singing all dancing club shop.  I said I wanted to order the new away shirt, and eventually, I accept her alternative suggestion of ordering the shirt via the website.

I go to the club shop web site and yes, thats right, only away shirts available to order are last seasons!!

Back on the phone to SUFC, I explain to the same woman what has just happened and her response was 'Oh thats OK, Southend are playing in the same shirt as last season, so you can go ahead and order it'.  It seemed almost surreal to have to tell her that that theory only applies to the home shirt, but I did anyway, and after seeming to be somewhat confused, she put me through to someone who could help.

A man answers the phone, i tell him i want to order the new away shirt but the shop has no phone line and the website is only carrying last seasons away shirt... his response was 'Yes'!!!  There was a pause, and I then had to ask, what do you mean yes?
rock.gif
??

I went into one saying that this is absolutely outrageous that you have opened a new shop but dont have the facility to order stock unless you go down in person... I mean you dont have a phonelineIts absolutely pathetic, and even by our standards, appalling!

He tried to argue that it was a new shop and the website was being replaced at some point in the future, and then even went onto use the sentence 'You will get all the perks of the shop being run by a franchise of Nike'... I said yes, such perks as not even having a phoneline, I suppose on the brightside, you have just saved me £40!!

After more ranting, he said he would get someone from the shop to ring me back, presumably from a call box, but that never materialised and so they have just lost out on £40 worth of much needed revenue!

To cap all this off, his final quote to me was 'we want to bring the shop upto the standard of all other League Two Clubs'!!!  Spot the deliberate mistake, i didnt want to point out we had just got promoted to League One, but i think i ought to, as he was blissfully unaware!

At times, we really are a very badly run club, and no matter how much I love this club, i have never in my life dealt with such an inept organisation as Southend United Football  Club... All this and the season hasnt begun yet, God help us!

I'm not even going to begin to read any of the responses to this thread but rather than ranting and raving perhaps a bit of considered education and a polite telephone call, e-mail or meeting with someone in authority at the club would have helped.

How many times have people got to be told ? This is Southend United not Manchester (thank $%&*ing god for that) United. They don't get it right all of the time but they get it right MOST of the time.
Just because a bunisess is smaller it has the excuse to be poorly run, please take off the rose tinted glasses NOW  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 05 2005,19:41)]Firstly i'll appolgise for the last post - it wasn't taken in the right context.

When i mean the shop is not part of the club, of course it is part of the club, but they no longer own it.

I hope this clears everything up.

I'm not going to post on here anymore, seeming i've caused upset to some people. I was just trying to be helpful to you all, and give you feedback on your problems.

The phones been set up, and hopefully working next week
Ahh, dont cry Steve, we all love you.

down.gif

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 05 2005,22:36)]so is the shop still full of stock then and ready 2 do a roaring trade again 2moz?
was when i went in there this afternoon on my way home....loads of gear

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 05 2005,23:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 05 2005,22:36)]so is the shop still full of stock then and ready 2 do a roaring trade again 2moz?
was when i went in there this afternoon on my way home....loads of gear
gdgd

Back