• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Shares Issue

I'm a shareholder already - perks are very limited (no dividend in the last 10 years) but you do get to go to the AGM and ask Ron, Tilly, Brush anything you want and as technically they report to YOU - they must answer it.

Normally the questions come from OAP's and are about the colour of the home kit being too dark, the lack of ketchup in the source bottles, etc, etc.

I think this is an excellent way of raising funds - smart move Ron (although he didnt ask existing shareholders what they think...!

No, the nominal value is not a reflection upon the market value of the share at all. Shares are classified with a nominal value as stated in the Articles of Association (or the Memorandum, I always forget which) and is usually either 25p, 50p or £1.

The market value of the share can be determined in a number of different ways, such as the sum of the net present value of an organisation's undertakings, or by adherence to the Modigliani & Miller theory of equity value.

Or, with a Private Limited Company that is a football club, by however much they reckon they can get away with based on the fact that we all want to reserve our season ticket seats for the future. Especially as there is very rarely a dividend!

mmm M&M; I haven't looked at that since University. I always liked the fact that huge amounts of debt made the company more "attractive". Sounds like SUFC through and through!

Last edited:
ShrimperZone.com limited's shares are owned by the 5 directors who are only answerable to each other. (Except we don't like each other and absolutely no-one talks to that Cricko :D )

ShrimperZone.com limited's shares are owned by the 5 directors who are only answerable to each other. (Except we don't like each other and absolutely no-one talks to that Cricko :D )
:hilarious:

What a relationship, you should make a SZ Big brother.

How common is not paying a dividend? My employer doesn't, the dividends go back into the company.

How common is not paying a dividend? My employer doesn't, the dividends go back into the company.

Depends. Usually you'd expect a well established company to pay a dividend (in addition to investing money back into the company), a younger company you'd expect to invest all profits back into the company.

It also depends a lot on what business that company is in. I'd be surprised if many football clubs actually paid a dividend, although I suppose someone like Man U may.

How many shares, or what percentage, would one (or one's Trust :) ) need to be offered, or to have by right, a seat on the board?

Microsoft have never paid a dividend, but that's very unusual for such a big and successful company.

As for SUFC paying dividends, absolutely no chance. Also, zero chance on a return on your investment (unless we make the Premier League and get taken over by a rich yank, arab or russian). However, I'll still be buying a few shares to help support the club.

As for SUFC paying dividends, absolutely no chance. Also, zero chance on a return on your investment (unless we make the Premier League and get taken over by a rich yank, arab or russian). However, I'll still be buying a few shares to help support the club.

Thats basically what me my brother and my old man said, we are going to buy a few between us.

I going to buy some... I was hoping this would happen

And be a part owner of the Club I love

If the grounds gets the go ahead I fancy buying a brick or two with my name on .....

Happy Days:) :) :)

Microsoft have never paid a dividend, but that's very unusual for such a big and successful company.

Even if the Rich Yank comes in he would only need to buy SEL's shares to have a massive controlling interest so he would leave the small fry alone.

Of the Board at the last AGM, only Marksheffel has a significant (ish) number of shares 46,000 approx

Frank Van wezel has 20 for example and Ron , personally, has None

:hilarious:

It's funny because it's true.

I've just brought 600,000 quids worth of cakes. the club will be mine.

Got this letter and brochure through on Saturday, and i would love to buy the minimum shares, but just wouldn't be able to raise the money by the deadline date. Its a great opportunity and half the reason i would do it just to attend the AGM(?) and put my point across the people that matter.

Think I may well buy some although I must admit I've only briefly looked at the details.

All that said, it is half 3 in the morning, poker and the Superbowl have finished and I may have reached coffee delirium so don't quote me on that

I got the brochure through over the weekend and it had the Inaudited accounts for the last finacials in it, it would appear that we made a profit of over a million !
I haven't looked at in great detail, but I would guess that includes the freddy money

Interesting timing for a share issue, as we dont yet know the outcome of the planning inquiry, or do we? Because if it gets turned down the whole thing goes down the swanny. RM must have some inside info as surely it would have been more sensible to wait until the result and then have a share issue.

right...theres 30,000 new shares, but how many shares are there in total? If i was to buy 3,000 shares, does that make me any more important to someone who has the minimum shares? if not then may as well buy minimum? please advise....I also understand that I wont make any money in this venture.

Back