• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is ****ing bull ****. Looks like a kids site. I did a web comparison exercise at uni - bringing out a load of points and quite frankly the old site was crap in terms of being aesthetically pleasing but this is a pile of ****

Upgrade my ****ing ***. Amateurs. You can buy web software and upload a better layout than this. It just looks like a load of toot thrown across the page. Scum.

Oh dear you are very uptight today aren't you ... just cos Oxford beat your precious ****Hamsters last night sob sob

New website looks fine, for starters everything is easier to find and it's far less cluttered upon first view.

All the "top" news stories are within view without scrolling around or clicking elsewhere, the tabs are sensibly labelled for once.

7/10 appearance, 9/10 functionality.

Don't like the way the scores are shown on the fixtures/results pages. The away match scores are shown 'the other way round' so any win away from home is shown for example as 0-5. Although there is a big W next to the score its still a bit confusing when you look back at past results, which only go back to 2009/10 season for some reason. The old site had scores going back quite a few seasons.

Having the opposing team badges is quite good, even shows the Real Madrid badge for the tour match. I wonder if we have ever had a first team game kick-off at 10am kick-off before?

It also appears that the 'Related Articles' section at the bottom of each news article actually shows the most recent articles rather than related ones. Not sure if this is a bug or becuase these are the only articles on there at the moment.

Are the stories a bit strange date wise ?

On the first page you have a couple of big stories, then on the right stories going back to a couple of days ago and one from the 11th.

But if you scroll to the 2nd page you have stories from yesterday ?

Doesnt seem particularly logical or intuitive ?

The new design looks like a works in progress, unfinished design which is due for client rejection once embellished.

Not like.

Gone dizzy looking at it, has it been put together by an 8 year old?

As with anything, some will like it some wont.

I prefer it personally but does need polishing.

Are the stories a bit strange date wise ?

On the first page you have a couple of big stories, then on the right stories going back to a couple of days ago and one from the 11th.

But if you scroll to the 2nd page you have stories from yesterday ?

Doesnt seem particularly logical or intuitive ?

The way the homepage carousel works is that the the three stories on the left are featured stories so the big news etc... and the five on the right are non featured stories so will usually be the lesser, information based articles. Hence why sometimes it might look like they aren't in date order depending on what is happening.

Don't like the way the scores are shown on the fixtures/results pages. The away match scores are shown 'the other way round' so any win away from home is shown for example as 0-5. Although there is a big W next to the score its still a bit confusing when you look back at past results, which only go back to 2009/10 season for some reason. The old site had scores going back quite a few seasons.

Having the opposing team badges is quite good, even shows the Real Madrid badge for the tour match. I wonder if we have ever had a first team game kick-off at 10am kick-off before?

Thanks for the feedback on that. I will pass it on and hopefully we can get that altered because as you say it makes more sense the old way.

Back