• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Speed Camera A127

Blueeyedboy

Youth Team⭐
I know this is not footie related, but I am sure plenty of you use the A127.
There is now a Gatso camera located approx 50yds from the Fortune of War roundabout going Eastbound ( Southend bound ) and the speed drops to 40mph!! Watch out as it is difficult to slow down, the Barstewards have a sign up saying it is for safety purposes!:mad:

FFS this country is run by a bunch of ****s! 40mph! FFS! Also a new one heading down towards Thorpe Hall Avenue on the opposite side of the road to the other fairly new one there to...

Yeh good to mention. I take the A127 from Upminster to home games.

The past couple of weekend games they have had those police vans that scan the number plates on both sides of the 127 creating long tailbacks :(

Yeah remember people, the only 3 points we want on Saturday are from Roots Hall;) :D

Cracking ska song by the way blueeyedboy!!

If there were cameras all along the south coast to catch illegal immigrants I doubt we would hear many complaints.

If you don't want a speeding ticket don't speed.

Simple.

If there were cameras all along the south coast to catch illegal immigrants I doubt we would hear many complaints.

If you don't want a speeding ticket don't speed.

Simple.

Exactly. There are places where a blind eye can be turned to speeding (up to a point, of course) but the A127, especially where the new camera/limit is, is certainly not one of them - nor is any urban area. With the new markings and signs for cameras, if you are caught you are clearly not paying enough attention to the environment and shouldn't be thinking of speeding in the first place.

Also, remember new cameras can only be placed in areas with a previous serious accident history.

FFS this country is run by a bunch of ****s! 40mph! FFS! Also a new one heading down towards Thorpe Hall Avenue on the opposite side of the road to the other fairly new one there to...

Blimey! Where's the swear filter? How come words like ****, ****, **** and **** get obliterated yet the "c" word gets through?

Blimey! Where's the swear filter? How come words like ****, ****, **** and **** get obliterated yet the "c" word gets through?

I'll edit that in a sec.

On the point of speed cameras I couldn't agree more with Mad Cyril. If you don't like getting caught by speed cameras, don't break the speed limit.

My sympathy for people who get caught by them is exactly nil.

Yeah bring on more cameras..People who cross the road before the man turns green should get points.. Also maybe we should make everyone wear a Reg plate on the front and back of their clothes so if they misbehave in the high street thay can get some points and a fine via CCTV.. To be really safe we should really have cameras in people houses so no one beats their kids or the wife dosent throw a cup at her poor husbands head.. Of course we shoudl not object to being videod by the Rozzers this Saturday.. lets hope no one accidentally says the C word or EFF off ref.. such behaviour can only be met with a zero tolerance stratergy of a fine and some points..

I'll edit that in a sec.

On the point of speed cameras I couldn't agree more with Mad Cyril. If you don't like getting caught by speed cameras, don't break the speed limit.

My sympathy for people who get caught by them is exactly nil.

I could not agree more, but 50yds from a major roundabout... Come on.
People are already slowing to negotiate the roundabout. So why the camera?

The have been a number of accidents at the FOW due to people approaching the "ex roundabout" too fast

As for the speed camera's down RAW , again its down to accidents.

Yeah, speed limits are a pain and camera's on Motorways are too, but 30,40 and 50 limits are there fore a reason, otherwise they would be 70.
Anyway if you oik the front wheel up high enough as you go past the camera the angle of the rear number plate is such that the camera can't read it properly

:D

Or hoik your foot round the back to cover your number plate!

Yeah bring on more cameras..People who cross the road before the man turns green should get points.. Also maybe we should make everyone wear a Reg plate on the front and back of their clothes so if they misbehave in the high street thay can get some points and a fine via CCTV.. To be really safe we should really have cameras in people houses so no one beats their kids or the wife dosent throw a cup at her poor husbands head.. Of course we shoudl not object to being videod by the Rozzers this Saturday.. lets hope no one accidentally says the C word or EFF off ref.. such behaviour can only be met with a zero tolerance stratergy of a fine and some points..

I like your style,we should all have tags round our ankles too :flamer:

Back