• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

he was on 13K a week last year

according to this site http://tsmplay.com/football/rangers-players-salaries/

Bilel was on 10K !!!

Hmm- I guess that's kind of a Championship level salary so might not entirely be fictional- although on the same essentially as Kenny Miller?? Really?? Not sure its accurate but does highlight wages might be an issue- but if he goes to L1 rather than the Championship then he won't be on 13k a week I suspect.

Pretty good signing in my opinion, he's neither washed up or injury prone which is a refreshing change of pace.

He's definitely a capable goalscorer, i remember a few years ago he won player of the year in the Scottish third tier with QoTS, he scored over 30 goals for them that year if i recall correctly.

I could certainly see him being a solid contributor at this level.

You are Nicky Clark, and I claim my £10.

(It's gone up, that's inflation for you!)

he was on 13K a week last year

according to this site http://tsmplay.com/football/rangers-players-salaries/

Bilel was on 10K !!!

13k a week for a young lad with potential who just had a unbelievable season when they signed him could be realistic, but his had a few years in lower Scottish leagues now, and hasn't set the world alight so will probably realise he isn't going to be the level of player they first thought. He should expect to take a large pay cut with how his performed, but over 50% if that figure is correct might be pushing our luck.

Stats can be a little misleading by themselves, I had 47 appearances and 8 goals for Peterhead in the Scottish third tier as an 18-19 year old. That isn't too bad when you consider in my second season at Peterhead they finished dead last in the league, 12 points off safety.

I then jumped up a level to the Scottish Championship as a 20 year old, playing for QoTS who were absolutely terrible in my first season with them. I had 0 goals in 30 league appearances (mostly off the bench) but considering I played that entire season in the midfield and my team finished dead last by quite some margin yet again, it's not like I was really put in a position to succeed. To put it into perspective, QoTS' top goalscorer that season had 6 goals, in a 36 game season.

So really, the first year I actually played for a somewhat competent team (not one that was getting battered every week) was the following season in the Scottish third tier. I switched roles to striker and scored 32 goals in 36 league games as a 21 year old and won player of the year.

I then moved to Rangers where he's played a much smaller role than I did at QoTS, but I've still been a fairly solid contributor for them, even in the Scottish Championship. My first season with them (still in the third tier) I only got 14 starts and 10 bench appearances and still netted 9 goals. I was behind the far more experienced Jon Daly and Lee McCulloch in the pecking order who both got 34 starts (and scored 20 & 17 goals respectively).

I then stagnated a little bit the last couple of years, which is why I'm moving on from Rangers. The season before last I potted 9 goals in 24 starts in Rangers' first season back in the Scottish Championship, which isn't a particularly stellar return. But considering Hearts & Hibernian were both in the second tier along with Rangers that year, the level of competition was quite good.

I'm not saying I'm going to come in and absolutely destroy League One, but I'm definitely a competent striker that can produce some goals if the team around him is up to par. Plus I've only just turned 25, so I'm still in my prime years which is encouraging.

Edited for accuracy.

:winking:

13k a week for a young lad with potential who just had a unbelievable season when they signed him could be realistic, but his had a few years in lower Scottish leagues now, and hasn't set the world alight so will probably realise he isn't going to be the level of player they first thought. He should expect to take a large pay cut with how his performed, but over 50% if that figure is correct might be pushing our luck.

Considering that the SPL teams (outside of the Auld Firm) don't pay much more than decent League 1 wages I guess that he is due a bit of a reality check......

From the Rangers board talking about three players who have been let go by the club.---

Of the three i wish clark the best wishes. Never hid, never gave less than 100% just had little ability.
The other two have ability but are a couple of bottlers who always hid when the going got tough.

From the Rangers board talking about three players who have been let go by the club.---

Of the three i wish clark the best wishes. Never hid, never gave less than 100% just had little ability.
The other two have ability but are a couple of bottlers who always hid when the going got tough.

Sounds like the perfect Phil brown player. He loves a workhorse who might not be the most talented but always tries

If he's half as good as his dad (Rangers and Scotland legend Sandy Clark) then we're laughing :smile:

then in again if he's as good as his mum Petula... :dim:

Even has his own song at the Gers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgLXHBIGLk

Seen a few of his goals on YouTube, I say get him signed up, looks like a decent finisher.

When I first listened to the song they sing it sounded as though they were singing "Nicky Clark, Nicky Clark is a streaker..." Begs the question.....doesn't that increase his chances of being hurt in the tackle?

Last edited:
From that video, I have deduced that Raith Rovers don't practice marking in training......he wouldn't get that much space in the Southend Sunday league!! :smile:

Looks like a little fox in the box. Dare I say it. He would work well with mooney who is probably a better provider than finisher.

Looks like the type of striker who would thrive with attacking full backs/wingers providing balls across the box. He reminds me a little of Terry Gray, who rarely let us down.

Even has his own song at the Gers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgLXHBIGLk

Seen a few of his goals on YouTube, I say get him signed up, looks like a decent finisher.

Yeah, and if you saw a collection of my goals I'd look good as well.

For that reason I'd even rather take stats from Champ Manager than judge someone on a highlights reel.

Looking at soccerbase seems like he had one amazing season, but that's the only time he's ever hit double figures. He seems a bit Elliot Benyonish, but let's see.

Back