• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't he get 6 months? With good behaviour you get let out earlier which normally is half the sentence, so he must have done 3 months already.

Now sort your life out and do what you're gifted to do and play football.

Didn't he get 6 months? With good behaviour you get let out earlier which normally is half the sentence, so he must have done 3 months already.

Now sort your life out and do what you're gifted to do and play football.

I think the original sentence was 8 months.

Certainly his original release is not until 25th September (halfway through his sentence) according to law pages http://www.thelawpages.com/court-cases/Nile-Ranger-20105-1.law

However I think he could get released on Home Detention Curvew (electronic tagging) 25% of the way through his sentence which would fit with the 24th July Date (he was sentenced on 23rd May).

What's your source that this is definitely happening Rigsby?

Surely has to see this as his final chance, not just with us, but as a final chance to salvage his career in the game.
Don't have a problem with him back in the squad. The offenses happened before he signed for us, done his time, drugs thing last season, stupid and immature. The club will loose all credibility with a large section of it's fan base,including me, if it tolerates any further bad behavior. His ability at our level is clear to see. Must constantly prove his worth for most fans to forget and forgive his past actions. Good luck Nile, show us who you really are.

Well I am happy ! I think he deserves one final chance to prove he has grown up!

I presume he'll be on parole ? Electronic tagged? A curfew... except for Tuesday nights !

U aint gonna get a much better striker then ranger at this level! Yes id take another striker but we banged in 70 goals last season ! Just give coxy the ball and hell do the rest

Don't think he will be rushed back, think PB will see where he is fitness wise to start with, go with our others strikers and see if they get goals and then we will see ranger back coming on from the bench.

This is good news if true, as he will be available from the start of the season, if only for short Cameos until September. Hopefully he doesn't pick up any other injuries. Newport better watch out, he might start that game lol

We won more games when Ranger started for us, just image he started 40 games at least, we might win 28 games given his track records for us last year!

Just get yourself fit!

We won more games when Ranger started for us, just image he started 40 games at least, we might win 28 games given his track records for us last year!

Just get yourself fit!

Yes - our points tally when Ranger started games versus when Ranger was not starting was tremendous last season. It did tail off a bit towards the end of the season but still quite a remarkable set of figures.

As for fitness, I am sure Ranger will have been line dancing whilst in prison so he should be fine.

Yay cocaine taking money stealing scrote back representing SUFC....shameful

I think serving a fraction of his sentence and walking straight back into a high status relatively well paid job as if nothing happened will teach Nile one hell of a lesson.

I think serving a fraction of his sentence and walking straight back into a high status relatively well paid job as if nothing happened will teach Nile one hell of a lesson.

I know you jest, but surely this 'taster' of being banged up even for just 3 months, thus missing end of season holiday, time abroad with team mates must still be a wake up call...

Surely he must know that one step out of line in the future will mean no job, potentially longer jail sentence if he breaks the law again and ultimate ruin?!

Would love to think he's finally exited the revolving door, only he can decide.

Still yet to hear the source of this claim, if so it will be interesting to see if he's at the Meet the Blues day?

Back