• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Northampton vs Yeovil

Northampton vs Yeovil - What result do people want tonight?

• Cobblers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glovers

• Draw

• Who cares, we'll finish ahead of both of them

• Total voters

W4 Shrimper

Big game tonight - whatever the result, you could paint it as good or bad for Southend really.

Hopefully Yeovil are going to start wobbling and seeing as they still have to come to Roots Hall, I'm hoping for a draw.

Yeovil, I honestly don't think they are catchable, so it's Northampton we need to keep looking over our shoulders at.

Yeovil are gonna win the division I think and I would like them to have won it by the time they come to the hall so we have more to play for. Northampton, if they win their games in hand, will be 2 points behind us - therefore I'm hoping for a Yeovil win...

I'm also of the opinion that winning this league is a bit to much to expect from us, and that Yeovil will win the league, so for me i hope they win every game they play from now on apart from with us.

It will also mean that Northampton won't close the gap on us.

I've said all along that I'd be happy for Yeovil to just go and win the League with us fighting for 2nd or 3rd place.
Games in hand are all well and good, but you still have to win them

i'd have to go for a yeovil win. take points off northampton to ease our way to the automatics.

i can actually see the game being a draw though. That would still do.

I want there to be a mass brawl involving the players, the managers get incensed and end up fighting the ref. The FA then deduct 20 points from each team and fine them each £250, 000 sending Yeovil into a spiralling descent of debt from which they don't recover.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,12:45)]I want there to be a mass brawl involving the players, the managers get incensed and end up fighting the ref. The FA then deduct 20 points from each team and fine them each £250, 000  sending Yeovil into a spiralling descent of debt from which they don't recover.
I can't believe I didn't put that as one options....that would be perfect
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,12:45)]I want there to be a mass brawl involving the players, the managers get incensed and end up fighting the ref. The FA then deduct 20 points from each team and fine them each £250, 000 sending Yeovil into a spiralling descent of debt from which they don't recover.
Interesting ploy, but it would de-value the title for who eventually finishes in top spot. Maybe just deduct 5 points to make it interesting in the final lap.

wink.gif

I think it will be Yeovil to go up, plus 2 others from the current top 7. My guess it will be 2 from Swansea, Scunny and ourselves to go up with Yeovil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ Mar. 01 2005,16:54)]I think it will be Yeovil to go up, plus 2 others from the current top 7. My guess it will be 2 from Swansea, Scunny and ourselves to go up with Yeovil.
Don't forget Macclesfield....

25 smug southend fans tonight.

cool.gif

cool.gif
and i am one of them  
cool.gif

cool.gif

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 02 2005,03:19)]25 smug southend fans tonight.

cool.gif

cool.gif
and i am one of them  
cool.gif

cool.gif

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp
Yep, that'll do nicely

The result I wanted. Why people think Yeovil will run away with this league, I have no idea. Yes, I think they are still favourites, but not as sure fire as some people think. They've now had a couple of poor results. If this were Scunthorpe... or even us... this would be seen as a major drop in form. Six points, with so many games left, is not a great lead.

I'm not sure if we can reach top spot by the end of the season, but we stand a chance, as do Maccs, Swansea, Scunthorpe and Yeovil... and last nights result really opens it up.

Back