• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USAShrimper

First XI
I've watched the highlights of all the games this season, yes disappointed with results and performances so far.
However, lost 3 good players from last season, have new players who need time to settle in, always do at any level. New team and teammates , maybe new way of training and playing.

We can't buy our way out of trouble,we are not an attractive club to join at the minute, so we have to keep soldiering on.
Lenny & Coker don't become bad players overnight, Brown, should not be fired this early in the season, in fact I would always give a Southend manager the whole season to get the most out of the squad.

The expectations should be that another consolidation of a season in L1 would be seen as a success right now for most life long "shrimpers". I know it's sounds too modest a goal, and lacks ambition. However, the rhetoric must be tinged with the reality of where we've been and what situations we don't want the club to be in again.

Yes, have a moan on this site, we all do. However, keep things in perspective, there's still a long way to go this season.
Next real game for me, hopefully still in the FA Cup December 3rd and Coventry at home the following weekend.

The expectations should be that another consolidation of a season in L1 would be seen as a success right now for most life long "shrimpers". I know it's sounds too modest a goal, and lacks ambition.

That expectation seems out of reach from what I've seen so far this season.

You don't attend games so making comments like this based on highlights is ridiculous. Try spending your hard earned cash watching 90 minutes week after week and you wouldn't be posting nonsense.

You don't attend games so making comments like this based on highlights is ridiculous. Try spending your hard earned cash watching 90 minutes week after week and you wouldn't be posting nonsense.

Surely attending a game only increases the amount of nonsense posted. As we have seen this weekend.

Usa has said, lost three decent players from last season, thats not nonsense. New player might need time to bed in, that seems a fare enough comment.We cant buy our way out of trouble and Lenny and Coker seem decent players, many would not argue that.He would give PB most of the season to turn us around, well i wouldnt, i very much doubt you would either, but thats an opinion. Nowhere did i see in his post any remarks about any off the games in play. No we dont see the games so quite rightly overseas supporters cant really make comments on the games themselfs, but for christ sake, let us have a word here or there, otherwise whats the point of us joining the Forum at all.

We do need to retain a grasp of reality, although I know that football is the theatre of dreams. We are Southend United not Manchester United. We were a byword for "plucky little club" when we were in the Championship. We aren't attractive to many people without SE Essex connections I'm afraid. We have to work hard to convince quality players to join us.

I do believe that we have the potential to do much better but we need major investment and a new stadium. I take heart from the success of Bournemouth, a few years ago they were a comparable team to us - but just look at the millions and millions that they have had to invest...........

We do need to retain a grasp of reality, although I know that football is the theatre of dreams. We are Southend United not Manchester United. We were a byword for "plucky little club" when we were in the Championship. We aren't attractive to many people without SE Essex connections I'm afraid. We have to work hard to convince quality players to join us.

I do believe that we have the potential to do much better but we need major investment and a new stadium. I take heart from the success of Bournemouth, a few years ago they were a comparable team to us - but just look at the millions and millions that they have had to invest...........
I do believe Ron has taken us as far as he can afford to take us. We must strive for the Champ, but how could Martin finance us to stay there. For the last few years i believe Martin has backed his manager, but at a higher level he is an Albatross around our neck.

I do believe Ron has taken us as far as he can afford to take us. We must strive for the Champ, but how could Martin finance us to stay there. For the last few years i believe Martin has backed his manager, but at a higher level he is an Albatross around our neck.

Why, we don't have the income to strive, let alone survive in the Championship.

Surely there must be another Russian oligarch out there......... or has Brexit made us less attractive to them?

I've watched the highlights of all the games this season, yes disappointed with results and performances so far.
However, lost 3 good players from last season, have new players who need time to settle in, always do at any level. New team and teammates , maybe new way of training and playing.

We can't buy our way out of trouble,we are not an attractive club to join at the minute, so we have to keep soldiering on.
Lenny & Coker don't become bad players overnight, Brown, should not be fired this early in the season, in fact I would always give a Southend manager the whole season to get the most out of the squad.

The expectations should be that another consolidation of a season in L1 would be seen as a success right now for most life long "shrimpers". I know it's sounds too modest a goal, and lacks ambition. However, the rhetoric must be tinged with the reality of where we've been and what situations we don't want the club to be in again.

Yes, have a moan on this site, we all do. However, keep things in perspective, there's still a long way to go this season.
Next real game for me, hopefully still in the FA Cup December 3rd and Coventry at home the following weekend.

We lost 3 good players and haven't replaced rhythm. That's down to PB. IMHO Payne needed to be relpaced and wasnt, Oxley is inferior to Bentley and Deegan needs to be replaced by someone

We lost 3 good players and haven't replaced rhythm. That's down to PB. IMHO Payne needed to be relpaced and wasnt, Oxley is inferior to Bentley and Deegan needs to be replaced by someone

Is this sort stupid thing you are going to tell PB to his face.

If only PB had spent £2m on replacements for Bentley and Payne. Why he hasn't worked it out god only knows.

Surely attending a game only increases the amount of nonsense posted. As we have seen this weekend.
How many more games do we need to lose before you realise people are posting fact not fiction ? We have already broken an unwanted record regarding this losing streak yet you still defend Brown, it's getting a bit tedious.

Maybe when crowds dip under the 5k average and we have another couple of winding up petitions you might smell the coffee?

How many more games do we need to lose before you realise people are posting fact not fiction ? We have already broken an unwanted record regarding this losing streak yet you still defend Brown, it's getting a bit tedious.

Maybe when crowds dip under the 5k average and we have another couple of winding up petitions you might smell the coffee?

You won't change people's minds over him. Because he managed in the Prem and is a media personality, he can do no wrong in some eyes. Unfortunately people will continue to ignore/deny the bleeding obvious when it's sat there right in front of them, punching them square between the eyes.

Yes if any of you don't grab a pitch fork and lantern then you must be a witch.

If you include last season in your stats then surely you must include pre-season friendlies.

Yes if any of you don't grab a pitch fork and lantern then you must be a witch.

If you include last season in your stats then surely you must include pre-season friendlies.

Why would anyone include non-competitive games in meaningful stats?

Just as a matter of interest, should we beat Brighton Babies tomorrow, do those stats count or not?

Just as a matter of interest, should we beat Brighton Babies tomorrow, do those stats count or not?
Bit of an odd one isn't it.
The result will probably not count on our overall record v Brighton but games against Orient & Stevenage will count against those teams. We might be putting out a full team but the Brighton game is not really a 1st team fixture, it is listed on Brighton's web site only in the Under 23 section.

Lets hope once the EDL see the very poor crowds they will scrap the Under 23 teams from next season.

Back