• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Obscure football teams that you have fallen in love with.

Spain - Deportivo
Scotland - Inverness
Wales - T.N.S
Ireland - Longford Town
N. Ireland - Cliftonville
France - St. Etienne
Italy - Chievo

Did my work experience for Uni in Belgium 2 years ago - so RAEC Mons would be my European team.

Other than that, Limerick 37 (;) ) and Finn Harps in the Eircom League

Dave ... how was the weekend "in General"!?

:)

Kev

;)

Very odd. You'd think you'd have noticed.

As for random continental teams, I did have a Roda JC top a few years back from a trip to Kerkradeso I sort of look out for them and many successful Champo years with SSV Reutlingen 05 has sort of endeared me to them as well.

As for English teams, there's only one really*.

COME ON HAVANT! COME ON HAVANT! LOOVILLE, LOOVILLE, LOOVILLE, LOOVILLE...

*although it's a bloody shame that Eribenne has now left. What a player.

Shooter and Glasgow - top men.

¡Musho Beti Musho Beti eh eh eh!

In fact, here's me - complete with comedy tache - at the Ruiz de Lopera earlier this year:

n797060156_591158_1430.jpg

FK Viktoria Žižkov, hailing out of the Žižkov district of Prague...

On a trip to Prague a couple of years ago we (myself, the missus, and another couple) went up the TV Tower in Zizkov, and spotted Victoria's ground. Looking out over the streets it seemed fairly easy to get to and so myself and the other lad with us persuaded the girls that a little bypass to the ground to have a look wouldn't take too long. Needless to say, once we got to street level it was a whole different kettle of fish and we ended up treating the girls to a tour of some of Prague's lesser-known streets, until accidentally finding the ground about 30 minutes later. Myself and the other lad eagerly strode into the stadium grounds, looking for a club shop to find a club momento to take back to Essex with us. All we found was a social club where numerous bearded old men stared at us in a manner not seen since someone walked into a saloon in a fifties western. Speaking to the barman, we discovered they didn't have a club shop, and had to be content with a few pictures of the ground and the anger of our respective girlfriends after we'd dragged them around for ages looking for the stadium and had nothing to show for it.

Anyway, back to the topic, I used to have a host of clubs I looked out for, but now there's only a couple. Atalanta in Serie A, purely because I loved their away kit in the early 90's (like the German Italia 90 world cup shirt but replcing the german flag colours with blue and black stripes) and Havnar Bóltfelag (otherwise known as HB) of the Faroe Islands. When I was at Uni I sent off for a couple of HB pin badgesand received a parcel back from the club including not only the pin badges but also a pennant and a letter from the Chairman saying if I ever went to the Faroe Islands to visit the club and they would give me a guided tour! Sadly I have not yet visited the Faroes but it's definitely in my Places to Visit list.

I've only ever fallen in love with one football team, however there are a few others I follow:

- Fiorentina after going to the Anglo-Italian Cup game.

- Monaco after GNH's 30th do in Monte Carlo and a subsequent trip to see them play.

- Queensland Roar in the A-League, the local team for my in-laws in Brisbane.

RKC Waalwijk in Holland.

A company i used to work for had their head office in the small town of Waalwijk in Holland.

I went out there to work for two weeks and went to see them play Fortuna Sittard. It was 0-0.

Our firm had advertising boards around the pitch and we got comp tickets.

They got relegated i think from the league where Ajax and Feyenoord play.

I really enjoyed going to a Dutch game and have followed their fortunes ever since.

Back