• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

20th May 1957.

DcC82tnX4AEHUom.jpg

Same year.
DcC82thXcAEVV9d.jpg

SOUTHEND UTD FC Team Photo 1994. From Left to Right:- Back Row) DANIEL FOOT: ANDY SUSSEX: ANDY EDWARDS: KEITH DUBLIN: PAUL SANSOME: JOHN CORNWALL: SIMON ROYCE: DOMINIC IORFA: MARK HONE: GRAHAM BRESSINGTON: PHILIP GRIDELET. Middle Row) DANNY GREAVES. (Youth Team Manager): IJAH ANDERSON: GARY POOLE: STEVE TILSON: MICHAEL BODLEY: CHRIS POWELL: DECLAN PERKINS: GARY JONES: CRAIG DAVIDSON: MARK HALL: JOHN GOWERS. (Physiotherapist). Front Row) ANDY ANSAH: ANDREW THOMSON: KEITH JONES: THEO FOLEY. (Assistant Manager): V.T. JOBSON. (Chairman): PETER TAYLOR. (Manager): RICKY OTTO: JONATHAN HUNT: JAE MARTIN.
Da2TuXTXUAQ5HEl.jpg

I came upon this photo. I don't know if it's been around before but I thought I'd post it anyway.img028.jpg

I came upon this photo. I don't know if it's been around before but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Appearances and goalscorers for 1919-1820 were:

Appearances: Marshall 44; Reid 42; Wileman 41; J. Young 40; Jones 39; Burrill 34; Bollington 32; Leahy 28; Evans and Woodward 26; Nicholls 23; Upex 18; Allen 15; Bridgeman and Emblem 13; Sands and Walden 11 each; Frost 8; Emery 7; Hill 3; R. Young and Liddell 1 each, (44 in all).

Goalscorers: Burrill 16; Wileman 8; Jones 6; Upex 5; Frost 4; Nicholls and R. Young 2 each; Bollington, Bridgeman and Walden 1 each, and 1 own goal (47 in all).

In the picture middle front row is Henage Wileman, who had played for Southend before the first world war, he was captain for a while, After he finished playing he fell on hard times, and sadly committed suicide, firstly by drinking a bottle of bleach and then in agony threw himself off a bridge over the River Trent in Nottingham and drowned. A sad end for anyone.

I don't know whether this one has already been posted, but its on the official site associated with the SUEPA article on ex keepers.

Large
This is the squad for season 1963-64: the first season I was allowed to regularly go on my own and also an FA Cup defeat at Yeovil in round one - some things stay the same, eh? BTW, always loved than butcher's striped kit, and wished a retro shirt of the same was available.

A good crowd for this last game of the season in 1994 seeing as we finished 15th and had only pride to play for. Unusual as we played our first game that season on a Sunday at home against Notts Forest, and finished our last game at home on a Sunday against Derby (This one). Chris Powell was Player of the season. Andy Ansah was such a good player when in this form.

A good crowd for this last game of the season in 1994 seeing as we finished 15th and had only pride to play for. Unusual as we played our first game that season on a Sunday at home against Notts Forest, and finished our last game at home on a Sunday against Derby (This one). Chris Powell was Player of the season. Andy Ansah was such a good player when in this form.

The opening game was played on a Sunday as that was on TV. We were on TV the first two Sundays of the season as the second Sunday we were away at Millwall for the opening of their new stadium. We christened it with a 4-1 win.

2005-06 Season. Friday 27th January. Gutteridge and Gower the scorers. We of course end up as Champions in League One. Despite the look, it will play if you click it, worth watching. If my memory serves me right, the belly celebration was because someone said Luke Gutteridge had a beer belly. Some players called him Horace(his middle name) I was told. Mark Gower was brilliant that season.

Last edited:
When we were very bad. 15th Oct 1988. Very brief this one and only shows the goal from the inconsistent Martin Ling. Finished 2-1 to Southend with Crown getting the other goal with a penalty. A measly 3200 crowd and we are relegated from the 3rd Division. How about that tackle, cough.

When we were very bad. 15th Oct 1988. Very brief this one and only shows the goal from the inconsistent Martin Ling. Finished 2-1 to Southend with Crown getting the other goal with a penalty. A measly 3200 crowd and we are relegated from the 3rd Division. How about that tackle, cough.

Bad bad times .

Wow, things were worse than I thought. Relegated by October !

Back