• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In 1978, Southend United are promoted.
In that same year, Wales win the Rugby Grand Slam, the Pope dies and Liverpool lose the league cup final to the top division's eventual champions...

In 1981, Southend United are promoted as Champions.
In that same year, Prince Charles gets married, Ken and Deirdre get married, Norwich and Crystal Palace are relegated from the top division and a new Doctor Who is appointed...

2005 ? ? ?
Wales win the Rugby Grand Slam (tick)
The Pope dies (tick)
Liverpool lose to Chelsea (tick)
Prince Charles gets married (tick)
Ken and Deirdre get married (tick)
A new Doctor Who is appointed (tick)
Norwich and Crystal Palace get relegated (???)

GET IN!!!!

you seem to have a very detailed knolwedge of Ken & deidre's married life.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ April 12 2005,16:22)]you seem to have a very detailed knolwedge of Ken & deidre's married life.
oops.gif
Is it me or does Deidre have some alien type creature body popping on her neck evry time she speaks?
and what's that growth thing on her chest above her right tit? Puts me right of my Steak and ale pies.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]s it me or does Deidre have some alien type creature body popping on her neck evry time she speaks?

Used to be commented on often in both 1978!! and 1981!!

Leave her alone.
mad.gif

She's fit!

And OS used to adore her when he was younger! Ask him about the fancy dress and who he went as!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ask him about the fancy dress and who he went as!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing Deirdre/Ken but my mind's eye paints a more accurate picture of Peter Stringfellow?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ April 12 2005,16:18)]In 1978, Southend United are promoted.
In that same year, Wales win the Rugby Grand Slam, the Pope dies and Liverpool lose the league cup final to the top division's eventual champions...

In that same year, Prince Charles gets married, Ken and Deirdre get married, Norwich and Crystal Palace are relegated from the top division and a new Doctor Who is appointed...

2005 ? ? ?
The Pope dies (tick)

GET IN!!!!
Souds VERY promising...keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks...
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ April 12 2005,16:18)]In 1978, Southend United are promoted.

2005 ? ? ?
The Pope dies (tick)

GET IN!!!!
I like things like this and I hope it comes true. Fingers crossed.

Didn't think much of the World Cup pyramid a few years ago :

Italy
1978 ~ Argentina ~ 1986
1974 ~ (West) Germany ~ 1990
1970 ~ Brazil ~ 1994
1966 (England) ?? 1998

Didn't work that one ...

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 12 2005,23:17)]Didn't think much of the World Cup pyramid a few years ago :

Italy
1978 ~ Argentina ~ 1986
1974 ~ (West Germany) ~ 1990
1970 ~ Brazil ~ 1994
1966 (England) ?? 1998

Didn't work that one ...

WS

biggrin.gif
I remember that! Trust us to spoil it eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 12 2005,16:31)]Leave her alone.  
mad.gif

She's fit!

And OS used to adore her when he was younger! Ask him about the fancy dress and who he went as!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
My sentiments exactly. But that Tracy - she wants a right good slapping !

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A song for Tracy:

Are you your mother in disguise, are you you're mother in disguise!

There does seem to be a little too much Corrie knowledge on here for my liking...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 12 2005,23:17)]Didn't think much of the World Cup pyramid a few years ago
Well, Mike...

Italy
                     1978 ~ Argentina ~ 1986
                 1974 ~ (West) Germany ~ 1990
            1970        ~    Brazil    ~             1994
       1966     Nations which share the Channel   1998
  1962                  ~    Brazil    ~                         2002

(a) How does that look?

(b) Does that mean Brazil are nailed on for the next World Cup?!

rock.gif

tounge.gif

I don't believe in all this superstitious malarky. Never have, and touch wood never will.

Back