• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would like to think that there is some truth in this but I think I will "hold court" until there is some kind of physical action down on the said sight

Actually, and I know this will be irksome to some on here, but Ron should have a statue erected to him. Fans should learn to appreciate him and applaud his endeavours. he has persevered and yet again we have a team to be proud off, some prospect and I fully believe in time we will have a shiny new stadium.

We are a basement club with a tired old lady for a stadium and more fair-weather, fickle fans than we have hard core supporters. There are no rich Sheiks or Russian oligarchs queuing up to take this club on and no genuine consortium that would publicly put its head over the parapet to 'save the day'.

RM may have had to ruffle feathers and juggle more than coco the clown but he has never veered from course and all his aspirations will come to roost and the fans will be delighted.

This post has to be a wind up. Either or its Ron posting himself! Ron Martin has screwed SUFC good and proper. We wouldn't be in this wretched Division if it wasn't for Ron completely losing control of the finances. The re-signing of Lee Barnard does brimg back painful memories of us having to sell a quality striker who would have likely kept us in League one due to Rons mismanagement.
Erect a statue to him please!! Well if the club goes out of business they should erect one on the Roots hall site and let dogs come and pee on it.

Actually, and I know this will be irksome to some on here, but Ron should have a statue erected to him. Fans should learn to appreciate him and applaud his endeavours. he has persevered and yet again we have a team to be proud off, some prospect and I fully believe in time we will have a shiny new stadium.

:net::net::net:

A statue of Ron, J Sainsburys and the taxman linking arms dancing around a chest overflowing with money?

Well, I can see some early buds on some branches and I have some blue tits investigating my bird boxes already. Can't help but think it might not be Spring 2014 (and remember that could be any time from March through to May ..... or June?) but surely Ron with all his experience of missing past deadlines would not go on radio and commit the same error again, would he? :unsure:

I'm fairly sure it would be cheaper to maintain a new stadium than an old Roots Hall.

We don't maintain Roots Hall because we don't own it. The owner does.
We'll have to maintain the new one, and we won't have Ron's help as he'll be freed from his shackles as part of the overall deal.

We'll have to maintain the new one, and we won't have Ron's help as he'll be freed from his shackles as part of the overall deal.

We don't own it, but we do maintain it. Ron's company owns the ground, do you really think he just pays for the maintenance of the ground when the club needs external funding to pay wages on time.

If we dont maintain Roots Hall because we dont own it (which Im sure isnt the case anyway) why will we then have to maintain Fossetts because we wont own that either ?

As I understand it (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), Roots Hall was sold to one of Ron's companies many years back. We're supposed to pay rent but we can't afford to, so we're building up a big debt that we owe Ron / Ron's companies.

When the whole new ground / new supermarket deal goes through ("the big property deal") Ron will finally have the cash to finally sort out the mess, settle the debts (mostly owed to him) and very probably remove himself from the equation without massive personal financial loss. At that point I'd expect him to do something noble like "pass the club to the fans" etc. Essentially he can walk away with his reputation intact.

The club will be left with a shiny new stadium, probably still a lot of debt, but without the income to service it, and without uncle Ron around to keep the thing going. It's simple economics - what will we do at that point? My concern is that we'll do a Darlington. There's a huge amount of positive publicity about a new stadium, but will we get to the end of this season being able to pay our players and HMRC? - we haven't managed it for the last 3 years, and why will that magically change when we have a new stadium?

Will someone please tell me how having a new stadium will make us any less of a financial disaster than we are now?

As I understand it (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), Roots Hall was sold to one of Ron's companies many years back. We're supposed to pay rent but we can't afford to, so we're building up a big debt that we owe Ron / Ron's companies.

When the whole new ground / new supermarket deal goes through ("the big property deal") Ron will finally have the cash to finally sort out the mess, settle the debts (mostly owed to him) and very probably remove himself from the equation without massive personal financial loss. At that point I'd expect him to do something noble like "pass the club to the fans" etc. Essentially he can walk away with his reputation intact.

The club will be left with a shiny new stadium, probably still a lot of debt, but without the income to service it, and without uncle Ron around to keep the thing going. It's simple economics - what will we do at that point? My concern is that we'll do a Darlington. There's a huge amount of positive publicity about a new stadium, but will we get to the end of this season being able to pay our players and HMRC? - we haven't managed it for the last 3 years, and why will that magically change when we have a new stadium?

Will someone please tell me how having a new stadium will make us any less of a financial disaster than we are now?

Without a main stand, I cant see how we will be much better off either. We shall see.

Without a main stand, I cant see how we will be much better off either. We shall see.

I forgot that bit. "We'll build a 4th stand later". A bit like Oxford, who a decade on are in financial **** and haven't got anywhere near building a 4th stand. Do we want generations of playing to a 3 side stadium?

I forgot that bit. "We'll build a 4th stand later". A bit like Oxford, who a decade on are in financial **** and haven't got anywhere near building a 4th stand. Do we want generations of playing to a 3 side stadium?

And their 4th stand isn't their MAIN stand either.

Back