• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Opinions?

Sharky

I'm doing a piece of research for my sports science courswework and i'm basing it on the behaviour of southend fans at home and away.

Any opinions are welcome.

Cheers
=]

UTB

Give us some more specific points to discuss and your view of them and then we can give you a better answer mate.

I'm doing a piece of research for my sports science courswework and i'm basing it on the behaviour of southend fans at home and away.

Cheers
=]

UTB

I park on Prittlewell Chase.

I am happy to answer questions on this from other students if you want me to pop along to one of your lectures because there is enough here for a nice Ph.D thesis for someone.

Last edited:

Cheers
=]

UTB

anything? anyone?

Have a look at this thread from a few days ago, might give you some more info and some good stats. Although it is also worth looking at the size of a particular clubs home & away support along with these figures.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46257

Maybe you could mention the good reputation we've established as away fans. Southampton fans were raving about us after we sang our hearts out in the final Championship game despite being tonked 4-1 and the same was true at Donny in the play-off game last season.

We've also built a good rapport with Swansea following our battles with them in the recent past, and what about the QPR game three years ago when we applauded during the minutes' silence following the tragic death of their young trainee. The applause then spread around the rest of the ground and QPR fans had nothing but praise for us afterwards. It's probably the most moving moment I've ever witnessed at a football ground.

ask

1. CANVEY
  2. BRIGHTON
  3. ORIENT
  4. STOCKPORT
  5. TELFORD
  6. LUTON
AND YOU WILL FIND OUT ALLL THE DETAILS ;)

Canvey Island must have the biggest percentage of w*nkers for fans of any football club in the land. What a bunch of *****....:stunned:

You could mention the blue voice and how, after struggling to create a decent atmosphere at home games, a group of supporters and the football club have joined forces to try and improve the atmosphere

Jekell and Hyde stuff for us away.

In the past three/four years:

- Doncaster, Southampton and Swansea were fine examples of SUFC fans at their very best.:support:

- Spurs away x 2, Oxford in the FA Cup and Brizzle Rovers in the LDV were fine examples of isolated pockets of SUFC fans acting like complete tossers.:headbang:

Life is a mixed bag of experiences (in a profound mood tonight). Watch SUFC and you get the lot.

Also you will find less moaners at away games. Most people at away games just want to get behind their team instead of spending 90 minutes moaning at everything.

Home.

Go soley for the game...Might have a pint before but rarely get ****ed. Sit with my old man, various friends and London Fasto and spend my whole time trying to guff and make Fasto feel sick. Get in the ground 45 mins before as like to watch the players warm up. Shoot off home as quick as I can afterwards as usually off our.

AWAY

Never go expecting anything but go with other mates to who I sit with and its all just about the day out. Usually do my best to have a good few, sing my heart out for 90 mins and stay out as long as I possibly can. Prefer the crowd as they are often the harcore support that you see week in week out and enjoy mixing with other grounds (All at Sea lads, True Blue/ Bucket & Spades. The CS boys etc.

Home.

Go soley for the game...Might have a pint before but rarely get ****ed. Sit with my old man, various friends and London Fasto and spend my whole time trying to guff and make Fasto feel sick. Get in the ground 45 mins before as like to watch the players warm up. Shoot off home as quick as I can afterwards as usually off our.

AWAY

Never go expecting anything but go with other mates to who I sit with and its all just about the day out. Usually do my best to have a good few, sing my heart out for 90 mins and stay out as long as I possibly can. Prefer the crowd as they are often the harcore support that you see week in week out and enjoy mixing with other grounds (All at Sea lads, True Blue/ Bucket & Spades. The CS boys etc.
100% perfection :)

Back