• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Nov. 15 2005,02:12)]I think I know who we are talking about here. These boys post on here. Sounds like they had a drink up before the game.
If they do then they've gone very, very quiet. Cowards. It also seems that the young pups can't take their ale ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Nov. 14 2005,23:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 14 2005,21:27)]Do drummer boy and his knuckle-dragging cronies come on here? Maybe someone can get a piccie at the next home game and reveal their identity to everyone?

WS
Well, the only drummers I know of are East stand drummer boy (Jack) and Shrek (Ben) who are both okay guy's so I should'nt imaging it's them.
Well, it certainly isn't Jack because he was in the Chat Room talking to me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nick Prawnby @ Nov. 14 2005,20:21)]As I was walking out of the west I saw some in his fifties hit the floor, I thought he was having a heart attack or something so went over.
He recovered quickly but it turned out that a fellow fan had clumped him.
A young bloke in green army-style jacket apparently, someone chased him but he vanished in the crowd.
Probably thinks he is well hard.
Suprised no-ones picked up on this post, aboslutely atrocious behaviour.

It sounds like the situation in the west has gotten completely out of control, didnt they close the notorious Z block a couple of seasons ago? Why dont the club implement a much more hardline stewarding approach to this problematic part of the ground.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Nov. 15 2005,11:18)]It sounds like the situation in the west has gotten completely out of control, didnt they close the notorious Z block a couple of seasons ago? Why dont the club implement a much more hardline stewarding approach to this problematic part of the ground.
From the comments on here in recent days, it sounds as if the stewards are intimidated by the knuckle-draggers in the West Stand and choose not to do anything. And, if I remember correctly, when Southend United DID act with letters outlining a banning order, people cried "foul!", the club did a U-turn and allowed them back in. It's no wonder there's a problem in that area of the ground. I know it's not exactly of Italian "curvas" proportions but I can't see why the club is not reacting with some serious steel.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 14 2005,19:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 14 2005,14:46)]Did you send a SOS text to the club mobile?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The bloke sitting to the right of me on Saturday was definitely a day-tripper. Claimed to like the look of our left-back.  
laugh.gif

cool.gif
I hope you mean't sitting to the left of you. I believe that is where the Cheese Supporter was sitting. I said we needed a left back  
wink.gif

Why are people making such a big deal over nothing, there are dicks all over the ground not just the West W block! I choose to sit there as I like the atmosphere! If you don’t like it don’t sit there simple!! Stop complaining and watch the footy!

Up the Shrimps!!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 15 2005,11:06)]Why are people making such a big deal over nothing, there are dicks all over the ground not just the West W block! I choose to sit there as I like the atmosphere! If you don’t like it don’t sit there simple!! Stop complaining and watch the footy!

Up the Shrimps!!

mad.gif
Personally I find your attitude objectionable, so you consider the manhandling and verbal abuse of fellow fans acceptable?

If you dont think that a problem exists perhaps you'd like to re-read the proceeding 5 pages of this thread.

Or are you just fishing?  
rock.gif

Nope but this is what i caught:

Catch of the day!

I’m glad you edited your reply as I didn’t have a clue what you was going on about!

I have read the five pages of dribble before I posted and no I don’t think it’s acceptable to manhandle fellow fans. I just get up with the west being singled out every time when an incident happens and everyone jumps on the im perfect bus!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 15 2005,12:06)]If you don’t like it don’t sit there simple!!
Somewhat difficult to do if the ground is full, Stu ...

WS

glare.gif
True, but this was the case for lots of fans! So how do you know the fans that shouted the abuse weren’t from a different part of the ground!! For example South Lower!!

rock.gif

I had the misfortune to sit in front of that lot in the play off final...

Stand up if you love southend..which i did the first 5 times...then they turned on us for not standing after that.

Luckily the stewards were as clueless there so we moved to the upper tier for the second half.

I'm a season ticket holder and ive not been in my seat once, my own fault mainly. But it still annoys me when people say your in my seat at about 3.10 on a saturday. I was in the blue for saturday and the one game a season lot were silent the whole game and even gave me the daggers when i tried to sing. We need them financially but i wish these people were a bit more football!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 15 2005,13:06)]So how do you know the fans that shouted the abuse weren’t from a different part of the ground!! For example South Lower!!
It doesn't matter where the perpretrators are from, whether it be east, west, or south orchestra pit. No fan, whether they be a 50-odd game a season die-hard or a once or twice a season "day-tripper", should be subjected to this sort of abuse and it needs to be stamped out asap ...

WS

I was sat just behind this chavvy lot and the reason they couldn't sit down was because there were more people there than seats! They obviously take no notice of their ticket and all just stand together as if it was the old north bank (not that any of them would ever have been in the old north bank!)

They ignored a few people behind them who asked them to sit because they couldn't see the game, so they had to stand themselves or they wouldn't have seen anything.

What really amazed me was that there must have been another 30 or 40 people just standing around the area and half the way down the access steps and the one steward that ventured into that area done nothing and dissapeared.

I think the club can actually be fined for letting this sort of thing happen now days!

It was a total shambles
mad.gif

Its not just the West stand.... in seaso ticket land in the East greens the bloke next to me said that JCR was playing really well, I objected saying rather than keep trying to take people on he should play simple football, he replied that if everyone played with his passion then we'd be winning. I had no choice but to agree.
And the steward did nothing to intervene either.

There were far too many people for seats in the west on Saturday, especially around block V/W.

When I got to my season ticket seat, someone was sitting in it and made a right fuss when I asked him to move. Then when I did manage to sit down the two chavs in front of me persisted in standing up. I politely asked them if they'd mind sitting down and I got told to f*ck off. Having worked all day until the game I'd have quite liked to sit down...
I wouldn't have minded standing too much either if the person standing next to me in the aisle (who clearly didn't have a seat - and there were several more seatless people there) hadn't kept elbowing me, and shouting obscenities at the players every five seconds. Then I was abused for leaving my seat a minute early...
If I was a first-time visitor, by heck I wouldn't have wanted to come back.

I for my sins with a minute 2 go decided to go to the back of the stand and I also stayed seated for one of the "stand up if you love Southend", I am sorry so I am going along to the reserve game this afternoon to atone my disloyal behaviour

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 15 2005,12:06)]If you don’t like it don’t sit there simple!!
Somewhat difficult to do if the ground is full, Stu ...

WS

glare.gif
Yes u can,

With the East Stand sold out so I asked for the best seat in the West stand with the best Atmosphere ....they sold me W block seat... could not find my seat so stood up at the back with the stewards found them ok and friendly really.... Shame Southend played crap as I reckon the it could be rocking in the W Block and can / really make some noise which we have not seen at Roots Hall for years keep up the good work boys

Sorry to hear Some had a bad experience but I for one will be asking for the same block again if it happens again ie East Stand Blues/ Yellows sells out

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Back