• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
I cannot believe already I am checking who we have in advance to see if we will be ok.
Our next 3 games are against teams below us (Hereford,Gillingham and Lincoln).
This will take us to 10 games for the season and we will certainly know where we stand after these 3 games for the rest of the season.
3 wins and we will be buzzing and be looking to push on
3 losses and we will be bottom and I will be really worried!!!

The next 14 days are vital

I have always said you need to give it 10 games to get an idea of how the season should pan out. So far, after 7 I am crapping myself --- let's hope I am not suicidal by 10.

dads_army_peter_martin_150_150x180.jpg

DONT PANIC!!

I cannot believe already I am checking who we have in advance to see if we will be ok.
Our next 3 games are against teams below us (Hereford,Gillingham and Lincoln).
This will take us to 10 games for the season and we will certainly know where we stand after these 3 games for the rest of the season.
3 wins and we will be buzzing and be looking to push on
3 losses and we will be bottom and I will be really worried!!!

The next 14 days are vital

So were the last 2,and look what happened, Northampton and Morecambe got their first wins!!

I will accept and expect 1 point at Hereford, 0 at Gillingham, 3 at home to Lincoln = 4, based on current form.

One thing to bear in mind is this team was only put together a week before the season starts so it has had less time to gel than other teams.

If the last 7 games is what we judge ourselves on then we finish mid table, which seeing as we were wondering whether we would even be in existence at this point is disappointing but not as bad as we thought it may be.

The worst thing is when your in League 2, if you go down its like the end of your football club at least if you have a terrible season in League 1 your still in The Football League

One thing to bear in mind is this team was only put together a week before the season starts so it has had less time to gel than other teams.

Then please explain how the team can play really well against top opposition one week and rubbish against poor teams the next ?If they needed time to gel they should be improving as the games go by not getting worse.

But, at what point does that excuse wear thin? Firstly, they're pro footballers who have been playing football all of their lives. Not as if they've just been chucked into a trade where they're amateurs. Secondly, they have been together 10 weeks now, and have played (incl. friendlies) 16 games.

If the last 7 games is what we judge ourselves on then we finish mid table, which seeing as we were wondering whether we would even be in existence at this point is disappointing but not as bad as we thought it may be.

Yes but we have had 7 games which equals a pre season they should now know each other, they had an away session so it is time to stop saying they need time to gel, they need to get on with it!!

Back