• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oxford City v Southend United, Saturday 17th February, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 79 80.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 81 82.7%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 82 83.7%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 83 84.7%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 83 84.7%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • James Morton

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 40 40.8%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • David Martin

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lately I keep predicting a win. But I like many , I keep getting the result predictions wrong.
So I’ve gone for a draw against Oxford, would dearly love us to win tho’. Importantly we must not lose 💙

I feel City will score, so can we score at least 2 away from home given our form?

Don't get me wrong, we've been guilty of overplaying and poor quality in the final third over the last few games, but this also shows we've been quite unlucky too. Personally I don't think 0 points from the last 3 is anywhere near a true reflection of how we have played. I thought we were quite poor vs York (still the better side though), but the previous two games could easily have gone either way if we'd actually taken our chances. I also don't think Gateshead and Chesterfield will play much better than that.

We need to thrust forwards and penetrate the opposition swiftly, not too many sideways short passes that get us nowhere.

Could someone watch Miley and report back his forward passes and tackles as I haven't been as impressed lately as prior to his injury.

When Cav Miley scored his goal against Torquay, I was standing behind the goal.

He looked like a spitfire, spirlering out of the clouds with two 109,s on his tail,

But he had that goal in his sights,
he kept himself true and straight,
and made his attack straight down middle

Then, when the timing was right, he, realised his cannons, blasting the target to bits.

But the attack that he performed that day was relatively straight down the middle and true.

The enermy that day could not keep up.

Come on, let’s have more like that.

Anyone know what Oxford City’s highest ever attendance is? Will probably be highest of the season today, but historically…?

Apparently, highest is:
  • 3,100 - vs. St Albans City, 14/05/2023, NLS at present "stadium"
    But historically, 9,756 in 1946 against Leystonstone at the White House Ground

We need a convincing win to kick start some momentum, I'd quite like to see Sandat or Dackers in the hole behind Cardwell & Waldron. We shouldn't need two holding midefielders here

Clearing up some if my daughter's things downstairs I found this. I've informed her that, due to its association with our new owner, Kangoo and kid have now been officially commandeered and sit proudly on my computer tower. I think his (her); 'up and down' whiskers truly (and sadly) reflect our recent up and down form. I'm sure their presence will improve our Luck for this afternoon and hopefully for the rest of the season
IMG_20240217_115207.jpg

Just arrived at Oxford City ground. Plenty of parking past ground. First turning on right is Horseman close.
As your turn into the ground, the car park on the right should be available - it has about 75 spaces. It is nothing to do with Oxford City, they can only control the car park to the left of the entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back